Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yaslan

Anyone order from plumeria gallery before?

yaslan
14 years ago

I was wondering if anyone has ordered plumeria from this site before? I'd like to know what was your experience and would you recommend ordering from them.

Thanks.

-Bo

Plumeria gallery

Comments (23)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    14 years ago

Hey Bo,

Yes, I have ordered from Plumeria Gallery. My order was received in about 3 weeks and all of my rooted plants survived. Two of the 4 cuttings didn't make it though... so I contacted them after several months to share my experiences and they said that they would replace those cuttings...That was last summer!!! What did survive (Black Tiger, Aztec Gold, Kauka Wilder, Scott Pratt) are doing well.

They were very nice, but seemed very busy ...so they probably "forgot" to send me replacements!!! I would use them again but My favorite place to deal with is Jungle Jacks in Oceanside California. Great people, very helpful and know what they are selling. Check them out as well!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Laura in VB

• yaslan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Laura - Thanks for your input. I am sorry to hear your two cuttings from plumeria gallery did not make it. Though, glad to hear you had great success with the other cuttings. Jungle jacks is a bit more on the spendy side for me. But thanks for the recommendation. Have you ordered from Florida Colors as well?
    I went ahead and ordered a Seedling of Edi Moragne (2nd year)from plumeria gallery for $7.50. I am excited and can't wait for it to arrive!

-Bo

• sicklittlemoocow
    14 years ago

I ordered 2 plants from her last year (not plumeria, although they have some tempting ones). Shipping took FOREVER, after several excuses and 6-8 weeks of waiting - I tried to cancel my order. (By then it was 105 degrees every day in TX, and I held little hope for any plant being sent in the mail.) About a week after my refund request (which was never responded to) my plants showed up. Way too late in the season to plant them. One survived the winter potted in the garage, not sure yet if the other made it.

Bottom line, their merchandise is tempting but I don't think I would ever order from them again.

• kayjones
    14 years ago

I had a terrible experience with Plumeria Gallery - I would never order from her again. Do a google.com search for 'problems with Plumeria Gallery' to find out what others have said about this company.

• yaslan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

After hearing your reviews, I immediately emailed plumeria gallery. I just received an email from paypal stating that my order has been shipped priority mail. I expect my plumeria seedling to arrive this saturday... *crossing fingers*.
    Thanks everyone!
    -Bo

• yaslan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I received my Edi Morgagne from Plumeria Gallery today. It came in excellent condition. I am really happy with my purchase and would order from them again.

-Bo

• tdogdad
    14 years ago

Bo- just be aware that seedlings do not always look like the parent but the good news is that the Moragne line is a mix of bright red with large pink/white so the genetic pool is one of the best. I have had pinks, reds, multi colors, and yellows from a white Cindy M. For me about 10% were unique and about 25% slight variations of whites and the rest like mom. Moragnes are one of the best seeds.

• danasplants
    14 years ago

Seedling would not buy that could take 2-5 yrs to flower buy grafted cuttings Fla colors Carol and luc are awesome you can send them cuttings and for 15 bucks they will graft it and send it back cool folks!

• daperrin
    14 years ago

I tried plumeria gallery and also had long delays. Now I only use Plumeria Treasure, they have great service and healthy plants. They ship within the week and have some very rare plants at a fair price.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plumeria Plants

• barb13_gw
    14 years ago

I have ordered from different places but my favorite is Maui plumeria Gardens. I have always been happy and have ordered at least 14 times within 4 years. They even give you an extra cutting. Always receive within 10 days or sooner.

• arctictropical
    14 years ago

Yes, and I have had much better luck with other nurseries. My favorite is Florida Colors.

• tdogdad
    14 years ago

I agree. Maui Plumeria Gardens is one of my favorites and they really back their products. Rooted plants are excellent. Florida Colors has an excellent reputation as well. Bill

• yaslan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks to everyone for commenting. I am now unsure of the seedling I got from Plumeria Gallery. Though I do hope it produces blooms (as I was told by the owner). *crossing fingers*. But I will definitely checkout Maui Plumeria Gardens and will think twice about ordering from Plumeria Gallery.
    Happy Gardening!
    Bo

• kevphol
    14 years ago

I haven't ordered anything from Plumeria Gallery but I can vouch for Florida Colors. Luc and Carol took me on an hour long personal tour of their place a couple of years ago when I was visiting the area. They are great folks and have great grafted plants.

Kevin

• evilscott
    13 years ago

Avoid this place. I made an order over three MONTHS ago and have not received anything. Not even an email notification. Several phone calls and broken promises. I think I was ripped off.

• amandcr
    13 years ago

I have ordered from them 3 times and on the 3rd time she took so long and would not answer after 8 e-mails that I had to start a dispute with PayPal. Only after I started a dispute and asked for a refund did she ship them and that was a month after I ordered! If you want any more information search for the Garden Watchdog on Dave's. You can also use the same site to find the best rated Plumeria sellers.

• damifino
    13 years ago

go with florida colors

• amandcr
    13 years ago

If anyone is thinking about EVER ordering from this vendor. Don't, You'll save yourself money and a headache. Linked is thier BBB score, It's an F (big surprise).

Here is a link that might be useful: BBB Plumeria Gallery

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    13 years ago

Guess what??? I'm still waiting for the replacements that she promised me last year...

I will take my business elsewhere, and never use them again!!!

Maui Plumeria Gardens and JJ's is where I will send my business...they are true professionals!!!

Laura in VB

• slave2thefur
    13 years ago

She is currently trying to find a buyer for her large collection so she can spend more time with her family. Don't know what the status of her business will be after that.

• Camelotshadow
    13 years ago

ouch
    was looking at the seeds
    but I want true viable seeds
    not looking to wait 6 years & never know if I got the seeds I wanted

• henry_domber_gmail_com
    12 years ago

The property was foreclosed.

• powderpuff
    12 years ago

I've ordered Plumerias online or by phone, to be shipped MANY times. My personal favorites are; Jungle Jacks, Bradsbudsnblooms, Teas( sadly, they are no longer in business)Matt at one stop aloha on Ebay, and Maui Gardens.

Maui Gardens prices are steep, rarely order from them anymore.

JJ sends the largest, healthiest plants of any of them, but shipping is high if you have them shipped in pot but in my opinion, worth the price. You get a small tree, not a cutting. The only downside is John is busy and you will often have to wait to find out about availability, and get your order squared away. Better to call him than email him.

BBnB has a lot of varieties and they are very nice to work with. Their rooted cuttings are large and often multi tipped, just make sure you call or email them first, tell them what you want and ask how many tips, size, etc. If you do that, they are great.

Matt's plants are usually small, but they are very healthy and I have never lost one. He always describes how many tips, and height and you can get good deals from him on Ebay if you don't get into a bidding war early and wait until near the end of the auctions to bid. He's also very nice to deal with.

Florida Colors I will buy cuttings but not rooted plants because they graft EVERYTHING that is rooted, why I don't know because it's easy to root most Plumerias in FL. I don't care for grafted unless it's absolutely necessary and can never figure out why they don't just root them.