Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Jen, Guess What I See?

I think I see something on the Blaze cutting you gave me a few years ago.!!!

Whooooo hoooooo!

I'll keep you posted, but I had to share the joy!!!! I was up with the spotlight ..and I did see something out of the corner of my eye!

Stoked!!!!

Laura

Comments (7)

• jandey1
    10 years ago

OMG, that is exciting news!! Can't wait to see the pics of how she looks on the East Coast!

Has is been two years already? I thought it was just last year?

What are you feeding your plants to get inflos so quickly? I checked the mother plant and she's still totally dormant, no inflos in sight. She's going into a sunnier spot this year--if winter ever decides to end--but you'd think if the branch is setting buds then the mother should be, too. Hm.

Anyway, I'm thrilled for you and very happy there's a duplicate of Blaze thriving outside of Texas!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Jen!!

I think you are right.. It was last spring when you sent the cutting!!!

Time seems to fly by and then at times, it seems to slow down... It is Probably because I paid so much attention to rooting the cutting and making sure it was healthy!! I really wanted this baby to do well... It just seems like I have been " keeping a close eye" on it for a while.... ;-)

I'm sure you will see Inflos on the mother tree this year if mine is pushing an inflo. All I have been doing is taking care of it as I do all of the others. Feeding with FP and PT . I had the rooted tree under lights this winter with a few of my other special cuttings and trees. I can't tell you how pleased I was when I saw the first sign.. The picture of this one still " Blazes " in my memory because of its beauty!!! Sigh...

I truly believe what happens with our trees In the growth and the emergence of Inflos is directly related to what we did the previous year... Some say that is true? I believe it.. ( soil, sun, fertilizers, happy healthy roots, humidity) all play a part in what will happen to our beloved trees the following year. (growth and Inflos).

I will post a pic for you when I get home... I was so excited, that I had to share!!

Thank you again, Jen!! You know I will take good care of your baby and make you proud!!!

Cheers from the "East Coast!!!"

Xo

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Fri, Mar 7, 14 at 22:01

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Laura - you are the bestest plumeria mama ever! :)

Original Author
    10 years ago

Awwww, thank you Mona!!!

Very nice thing to say... ;-)

Xo

Laura

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    10 years ago

Laura does so well because she understands what, in a plant's cultural world, has the potential to be limiting; then resolutely goes about avoiding, to the best of her ability (which is considerable) those things that would be limiting if not for her choices.

Laura - there is no question that how a plant fares in the current growth cycle is significantly impacted by how it fared in the cycle previous. For you, the greatest impact between the two cycles would pivot primarily on how the plant fared from late Jun - Sep or early Oct of the previous cycle.

The key factor is what in the way of energy reserves are carried over from one growth cycle to the next. Plants that are coping with cultural conditions at the extremes of what they are genetically programmed to tolerate are going to manifest the stress suffered in one growth cycle in reduced energy reserves in the subsequent growth cycle. That puts the plant in catch up mode at the beginning of its current growth cycle instead of bursting with reserve energy, ready to extend branches/stems & produce the abundance of blooms growers covet.

Take care, Al

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank You, Al...

Very kind of you ..

I do try hard to keep my trees happy and healthy during the season and then during the winter months which can be challenging !!!

We do covet those blooms which are a challenge to see in the Coastal Virginia area!

It is worth the effort in how we care for our beautiful trees and I especially love to see the ' just rewards...' Makes me try harder every year !!

Thank you for the kind thoughts.. It is very much appreciated!!

Take Care!!

Laura

• pcput
    10 years ago

Yeaaaa! ! ! Laura, "Good" Job. And Jen deserves an " At a Boy" for the good care she gave the mom before she took your cutting. She just cut the wrong branch and gave you the bloom :) Keep up the good work girls! Peg

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES