Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elucas101

A Vendor to Check Out!

elucas101
11 years ago

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share a great source of plumeria with you all - Michelle, or some of you may know her as the Plumeria Patch has an outstanding selection & if you're looking for something in particular just email her and she'll tell you if she has one, or even make recommendations if you're not sure what you want. Her email is: tropicpassions@gmail.com She sells mostly rooted plants I think (but also has cuttings) and I have found her pricing to extremely reasonable, especially on a rooted plant, frequently with multiple tips.

I've already gotten a rooted 2 tip Polynesian Sunset, a rooted Sunny Delight & a Butterfly Gold cutting from her and they are awesome! The Polynesian Sunset has already put out a few small leaves, the Sunny D. is clawing really well starting new leaves & the Butterfly Gold is a big, beefy cutting!

And today I have a 4 tip Lava Flow, a 3 tip SunDance and a 2 tip Katie Moragne being delivered, along with 2 freebie cuttings!!! WOO-HOO!!! I'm SO excited, especially since I can get them going right away! I'll post pics asap!

Comments (39)

• rox146
    11 years ago

Muchos Mahalos...just e-mailed her...roxanne

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I got my boxes today took pics & will post them as soon as possible -my plants are awesome!!!

Roxanne, you are so welcome, I think you will find Michelle to be a great resource - she has a super inventory and is very kind & easy to deal with.

BTW - The Lava Flow she told me was a 4 tip is actually a 5 tip! Really looking forward to all of them, can't decide which one I'm looking forward to more!

• rox146
    11 years ago

Cannot wait...but have not heard from her yet from the e-mail I sent this a.m.

getting so excited about spring and finding someone who has some of the ones on my wish list of 65...mahalo, roxanne

• plumygirl
    11 years ago

Many, many thanks Emily for your kind words and recommendation!! I'm very glad you like your new "babies" !!

• plumygirl
    11 years ago

Hi Roxanne,

Sorry I missed your mail. I'll check it once more and if you would, please resend to: tropicpassions@gmail.com

Thanks much Roxanne!

mea

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Glad to recommend from a good experience! Here are some pics of the beauties I received!

Un-Christmas! (Just like Christmas but not!)
    {{gwi:1155184}}

SunDance!
    {{gwi:1155185}}

{{gwi:1155186}}

{{gwi:1155187}}

SunDance Roots:
    {{gwi:1155188}}

Michelle packed everything very well and there were no broken tips!

Lava Flow & Katie Moragne!
    {{gwi:1155189}}
    {{gwi:1155190}}

{{gwi:1155192}}

{{gwi:1155194}}

2 freebies! Kimi Moragne - Look at those fat cuttings!
    {{gwi:1155196}}

Great experience, great order!

• beachplant
    11 years ago

very nice! Lava flow is on my want list, along with a million others.
    Tally Ho!

• rox146
    11 years ago

Cannot wait to order and those really do look great! How long? 22 inches? roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi Emily,

I also ordered from Michelle and I was also very pleased !

My Butterfly Gold cutting is a beauty and she sent a freebie as well ... A beautiful Maui Sunset. ( rooted.).

Great packaging and fast mailing too!

Thanks Michelle!

Take care,

Laura

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Nice score, Emily!! Your collection is growing quickly and early, and you were so reserved last season! Probably cause we all spent our money right at the start, lol!!

Enjoy,
    Wendy

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Tally!!! Yes, I'm really excited about Lava Flow, I've been eyeballing that one for a long time! I think the Texas heat should really bring out the colors!

Hi Laura!!! I'm so glad to hear you got a Butterfly Gold, what a beauty! I know if anyone can make that baby bloom it's you! I was so excited when I found out Michelle had that one, it's not that easy to find. She was ever so patient when I would bombard her with. "Do you have this one? What about this one?..." haha! Glad to hear you had a great experience also!

Hi Wendy!!! **SIGH** Yes, I was reserved and held it together last year pretty well...this year I have totally gone nuts! I think I have pretty much bought all I can for the season and it hasn't even truly kicked off yet! More time to mature this season though and I am really thrilled with the ones I have. I used to say the seedlings don't really count...oh, but they do. Some of my barely going on 1 yr old seedlings are almost as big as some of my regular plants!

Wendy how are you doing? And I'm curious how going into business has affected your personal plumie collection and care, has it changed anything for you?

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

E,
    Very nice. Why don't you call the seedlings "grafting stock?" Also remember...duplicates, and future give aways don't count either. Now that should make some room at the inn.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Emily, those are some great-looking cuttings! Quite a nice collection you're growing there!

I'm afraid to contact Michelle for fear she'll have some terrific deal on something I'd like yet don't need, lol. That's how I ended up with 60 this year! A great buy here, a gift from a friend there, an I-have-to-have-this-one-or-I'll-die there and, BAM!, you're up to your ears in sticks before you know it.

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Just wanted to chime in with my purchase from Michelle.

I also like how she is patient with all your "do you have this?" questions too. She is a very nice lady, super friendly an if she doesn't have what you're looking for she will go to another resource to get your desired plant. I also like how if she has multiple cuttings, she gives you the option to choose which one you want -- most vendors just pluck you one and mail it off. Also wrapping tubes around the tips -- LOVE IT! No broken branches here.

I got a Vera Cruz Rose, 2 tipper plus a bonus cutting -- Keiki. :)

• rox146
    11 years ago

Hi kim319...how long were the cuttings? I am hoping to order, just want as long as I can get. roxanne

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Rox146, Mine was around 12-14'' -- I tend to go for the smaller sized cuttings but she does have some larger ones. If she has several of the same variety, she lets you choose which one you want (size & tips). ;)

• rox146
    11 years ago

sounds great...we are in the cooler part of Calif.====Ventura to be exact, and in the past ordering from FC, the colors seem to be so much more vivid in Florida heat. Will ask her if she knows of some gorgeous smelly ones better for my area. mahalo, roxanne

• elucas101
    Original Author
    11 years ago

K, I like the way you think!!! haha! I figure the seedlings can't ALL be keepers so hopefully they won't take 5 years+ to bloom! And my neighbor has commented several times on how much she likes my plants so I'm going to give her a plumie to grow - you're right, making room as we speak! haha!

Thanks Jen!!! I am SO excited about the plants I have! I feel really lucky to have them & pretty much every one makes me go, "Ooohh, I LOVE that one!" like just when you think you found your favorite and then the next one is just as fabulous! And yes, if you contact Michelle you WILL find something you love!

Kim, those look fantastic!!! Great choice and really nice looking cuttings!!! I do particularly love the way she wraps the tips so carefully - none of mine were broken either. I agree about her really working with you to help find the right one.

Rox, let us know what you get!!!

• plumygirl
    11 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all for the kind words!!! I really appreciate all the great reviews and am very glad everyone has been satisfied with the plumeria they have received. Any questions, requests or problems, never hesitate to give me a shout.

I'm finally ready to put the list on "Word"...sorry for all the delay!! I'll be sending it out to any e-mail address that were requests so if anyone would like a copy, just mail me and a copy will be coming your way.

Thanks again guys!

mea

• mimalf
    10 years ago

I want to endorse Michelle too. I just received from her 2 beautiful cuttings less than a week ago. A 2-tip Kimo and a 1-tip (but tall) Keiki Lavender as a freebie from her.

Although USPS didn't really care about the FRAGILE writing on all 6 sides of the box and played catch with it (I think), the cuttings were so well packed inside the box that no tip suffered any bit of damage.

Oh, and I forgot to tell: they are rooted! Michelle is just amazing!

Thank you again Michelle!

I know I didn't get a good pic of them, but I was eager to get them out and get them in their new pots. :)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Does she have a website we can check out?

Mike

• mimalf
    10 years ago

I don't know, I'm sorry. I emailed her here. :)

• plumygirl
    10 years ago

Many thanks for all the kind words and positive support!! I'm gratified to know everyone has been pleased with their plumeria and it sounds like the extra padding has really come in handy as the "fragile' boxes are drop-kicked from PO to PO.

At any rate, I'll be posting rooted and rooting plumeria as I work through the collection. All will be up for sale either here on the forum or on Scary Bay. Only keeping my absolute favorites!!

Also have some Adenium obesum & arabicum available as well. Contact mail is SeaSidePlumeria@cfl.rr.com

• plumygirl
    10 years ago

Sorry, do not have a web site. Basically advertising through Pinterest in a fashion. The really good sites are extremely expensive as a whole and sale returns go right back into the plants.

• blooms4me2
    10 years ago

Hello, Newbie to the forum here, * hi everyone :D* I've been reading here and decided I'd better join or lose out on information I seek 0_o, LOL,,
    I saw the email addy for a vendor, and wrote but havent gotten a reply yet. I'm looking for Jane morenge(sp) and any plums with orange/dark pink colors, I see one of you got some awesome plums mailed to you and very carefully wrapped WOW, what a thoughtful considerate way to mail!
    I have two plumeria's bought at a local nursery, they didn't know the names just labeled Plumeria, I assume now they are just Noids, guess I could name them my self .but just couldn't register them :(,, But that's how I got started , and have been researching them since! I'm so addicted now, it's like a quest to find the ones I want!
    here is a couple of pictures of the ones I have now,
    Thanks for any info you can give me . and I hope I hear from the person you listed above as a vendor!
    ** Hmmm I was trying to put 2 pictures here, will only let me put one??***

• blooms4me2
    10 years ago

I think I've decided I really do want orange plumeria as next on my list I really hope I hear from plumygirl soon !

• blooms4me2
    10 years ago

waaaaaaaaaaa I haven't gotten a response from the email yet to the vendor listed on the very first post,, I've used the addy twice now with no response, are you sure that is the right email addy for plumygirl??

• mimalf
    10 years ago

I'm not sure what was the email first posted but here's the one I'm using: SeaSidePlumeria@cfl.rr.com.
    I hope she won't mind me posting it here but I know she doesn't check in here very often.

Mima

Here is Kimo I got from her. It took her a few good weeks to adjust after the bumpy trip she had but she's pushing leaves out now and she seems happy. :)

This post was edited by SagoLover on Sat, Sep 7, 13 at 12:35

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Reading again the posts here I noticed she already posted her (new) email from SeasidePlumeria. So write her there, I'm sure she's get back to you.

Here's my Keiki Lavender I got from her:

• blooms4me2
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for the info I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know the new Addy :D

• elucas101
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi everyone!!! I REALLY miss posting here, hopefully I'll be able to visit with you all again soon!

blooms4me, the address I have for Michelle is the one given above and should be the most current, as I have spoken to her within the last few days.
    SeaSidePlumeria@cfl.rr.com
    She should get back to you within just a few days. Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you!!! I'm one of your fellow Texans - I'm just barely south of Austin in Kyle. Looks like you're doing a great job there and I LOVE the yellow streaks on that one bloom!

• blooms4me2
    10 years ago

Thank you so much, I will contact her again thru that addy,, I'm working hard to learn about plumes I know I have a wish list for sure LOL,, Nice to meet you all, this is a great friendly group here!

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Blooms4me, glad I could help. She posted that email address above but with so many posts it got lost. She's a very fine lady, you'll love doing business with her. Keep us posted. And your yellow plumie is just gorgeous. I love yellows a lot. :)

Mima

This post was edited by SagoLover on Sun, Sep 8, 13 at 0:39

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Blooms, welcome to the club! I think your new yellow looks a lot like Aztec Gold, but can't be sure. It's lovely, though!

Check out Florida Colors for a huge selection and great service. Brad's Buds and Blooms is also very good. Maui Plumeria Gardens sends out the fattest cuttings, very carefully wrapped, and throws in a mystery usually, too.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Oh, and forgot to add Plumeria World, which is the Jim Little Farms outlet for his wonderful cultivars. For a small charge they will root any cutting for you, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plumeria World

• blooms4me2
    10 years ago

Jandey and Sagolover you guys are awesome! thanks so very much! I was wondering what my yellow one was,, aztec gold would be nice ! soo many names for such similar looking plumies! LOL

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

And don't forget Wendy at Double Peak Plumeria on Facebook... who continues to be my all-time fav seller even though I have probably been long forgotten since I've been good and not bought anything lately. :)

• plumygirl
    10 years ago

Emily and everyone, thank you so much for so many wonderful comments and recommendations!! Just glad everyone has been happy with their plumeria.

Blooms4me2, I checked but have not seen any direct mail from you. The computer has been a little wiggie lately but if you could, just re-send. Unfortunately I don't get the chance to check up on gmail, Roxanne if I bypassed you many apologies! Sticking with the SeaSide address for now...less confusion.

Thanks again...you guys are the best!

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    10 years ago

I too can vouch for Michelle. I have purchased several plumeria from her and all have been I great condition.

Lonnie

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio