Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can i start bring my plumeria outside?

Posted by shorjai NY (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 12 at 9:48

Hey everyone,

The weather is getting warmer now. High 60s and low 40s.. Can i start bring them out side or should i wait till April? I live in NYC area.

thanks

Leo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can i start bring my plumeria outside?

Hey Leo- I would definitely wait til warmer temps- Plumeria do not like temps lower than 60*, as they are tropicals. Best wishes!

o

Hello Everyone- new to the forum, to plumeria, gardening, etc. I have a tendency to be extreme so I am hoping you can answer the semi converse of this quetion for me. I have 3 rooted plants probably each 1-2 years old which spend all day outside on my hot deck, the question is whether or not I need to be bringing them inside everynight? I live in San Diego county, I have been bringing them inside nightly, we've been having cold nights (for SD) 45 degrees... but they spend the night upstairs in my bedroom, the heat kicks on so it gets a little dry. Would you drag them inside everynight?

Thank you all!
Wendy

o

All my plants stay outside. But I have too many to move daily. I live in north sd county. I do bring in my seedlings at night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here