Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mksmth_zone_6b

first inflo 2013

Well for me it seems JJ's California Sunset will be first although Divine looks to be pushing a couple also. A few of mine have been leafing out but this is the first sign of an inflo.

Not too obvious but still exciting.
Have a great day

Edit-looks like Thumbalina is pushing a couple also Whoo Hoo!
Mike

This post was edited by mksmth on Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 10:45

Comments (8)

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Congrats, Mike! Can't wait to see your pics.

The fun and excitement begins...

Enjoy, everyone!

Greg

• chuy415
    11 years ago

Yipee!! Very exciting to see!!
    Love the Spring :)

Congrats Mike

Chuy

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Nice, Mike! I don't know what's going on with the Divine I bought my mom about a year-and-a-half ago. Still no inflos on it, or any of her others. Isn't Divine a reliable bloomer for everyone here?

No inflos on any of mine either, and I was getting pretty pouty about it when I noticed a funny tip on Lemon Drop yesterday. I think it may be (fingers crossed!) an (geez, I hope so!) inflo, but it's the only one I've seen on my DOZENS of plumies. sigh.

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Hi Jandey!

I'm sure you're gonna get lots of blooms this season! It's prolly just a bit early still.

As for your mom's Divine, I'm sure it will bloom this season. My Divine is starting growing season 5, and it's literally covered in brand-new inflos. Same is true of JJ Mini-White. Also, my Inca Gold and my two JJ noIDs are all starting season 3 and all, I now can say, will bloom for the first time this spring (soooo excited to see what the noIDs are going to look like). Elsie is on season 3, and it's not bloomed. Last year I bought Thumbalina and Delightful (oh...ok, full disclosure: and another JJ noID--you already are familiar with my powers of resistance, such as they are) and there's nothing going on with any of them.

Blah blah blah...I guess what I'm saying is that in my observation, JJ trees in particular seem to require a few years' growth before they begin to reward their keepers with blooms. Rest assured that once Mom's Divine gets past that point, all will be good :)

Greg

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Congratulations Mike!

I hope and pray that this will be the year for all of us... We have been so patient and deserving from the " Plumeria Gods", hopefully they will bless us all with beautiful blooms and lasting fragrance too!

I'm so happy for you Mike!

Hello Greg and Jen!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Laura

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Greg, you are so sweet! Of course I'm impatient and feeling like I'm missing something when I see all the inflos popping for everyone.

I better buy some more to increase my chances for flowers this season. ;)

Hey, Laura! Looking forward to your photos, and Greg's, to keep me going this summer! Hope your "patient" is improving.

• beachplant
    11 years ago

The plumeria are sending up inlfo and leaves like crazy. Hurry up! I am so over winter. Is it bad that I am counting days to the plumeria sale and bugging the local growers?
    Happy spring everyone!
    Tally HO!

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    11 years ago

Some of mine are inflo-ing in the greenhouse. I am going to start planting them out into the ground tomorrow. Tonight is probably the last cold night (35 F). It has a been an atypically cold March this year lol. I usually have them planted out by now. I need to go to H.D. and get stuff to repot them all this year. I am not looking forward to that part...
    SJN

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH