Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

My Psycho is blooming:)

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying these longer days as much as I am!! It really gets me motivated to get plumeria fed, watered, and repotted.

Late last night I was making my rounds and I noticed that my nicest shaped Psycho is now blooming!! I am so excited for a couple reasons. 1.) It was a gift from one of my friends here on the forum. I was sent 3 very nice cuttings, but sadly I lost 1 the winter of 2011. I have learned from my mistakes now. I had kept that plumie in the basement on the stone floor, and the cold killed it. Now that I have kept them all on a pallet, none have died.

Reason 2.) The inflos on this particular variety are HUGE! The inflo stem is about 8 in long, and there are over 60+ flower buds! Another thing I like is how once all these blooms are spent, the same inflo will repeat itself and bloom again!

As of right now, there are 9 tips on this tree..9 TIPS and I noticed that one of the tips have 7 or 8 growths that could turn into more tips. I think once I can put the tree outdoors for the summer, I will take a nail file and file just a little bit on those dormant buds to see if I can get them to grow.

I don't have to tell you guys how amazing this tree truly is. Because of Bill's pics and contest, so many of us here got to see his Psycho.

I want to take this time and thank my generous friend for giving me 3 very HUGE cuttings of there Psycho. Thanks again buddy!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction