Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Psycho is blooming:)

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 10:43

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying these longer days as much as I am!! It really gets me motivated to get plumeria fed, watered, and repotted.

Late last night I was making my rounds and I noticed that my nicest shaped Psycho is now blooming!! I am so excited for a couple reasons. 1.) It was a gift from one of my friends here on the forum. I was sent 3 very nice cuttings, but sadly I lost 1 the winter of 2011. I have learned from my mistakes now. I had kept that plumie in the basement on the stone floor, and the cold killed it. Now that I have kept them all on a pallet, none have died.

Reason 2.) The inflos on this particular variety are HUGE! The inflo stem is about 8 in long, and there are over 60+ flower buds! Another thing I like is how once all these blooms are spent, the same inflo will repeat itself and bloom again!

As of right now, there are 9 tips on this tree..9 TIPS and I noticed that one of the tips have 7 or 8 growths that could turn into more tips. I think once I can put the tree outdoors for the summer, I will take a nail file and file just a little bit on those dormant buds to see if I can get them to grow.

I don't have to tell you guys how amazing this tree truly is. Because of Bill's pics and contest, so many of us here got to see his Psycho.

I want to take this time and thank my generous friend for giving me 3 very HUGE cuttings of there Psycho. Thanks again buddy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Psycho is blooming:)

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 11:19

congrats to you Andrew. It sounds wonderful!!!

Mike

o

Congrats Andrew, that Psycho sounds like it's going to give you a real show this season!

o

Congratulations Andrew! Sounds beautiful.

o

Hi Mike,
This variety is nothing short of miraculous no matter how you look at it. It's a robust tree that in my experience produces really thick tips, huge inflos with tons of flowers, and the inflos just continue to produce flower after flower, but I don't need to report that as I am sure Bill has all ready!

Hi Elucas,
I hope your right! I am a firm believer that raw eggs help to root plumeria cuttings, but I still continue to use them even after the cutting has rooted. As I mentioned above, I have had this cutting for 3 years now, and I have given it 2 raw eggs every spring, and by fall, the eggs are gone! I know it is helping my tree(s) because when it comes time to repot, the roots are super thick, and the root ball itself is considerably larger. I need to get my spray bottle ready for the Spray in Grow. I should just buy as sprayer this year and make it easier on me. Thanks Plumiegirl.

Andrew

o

So exciting! Can't wait to see pictures!

Kristopher

o

I am so a believer in the raw egg..too little time to tell....if one has never tried it..do one with and w/o....time will tell all....and....no trouble with raccoons or possums and believe me, we catch them all the time in our trap....roxanne

o

Andrew... Congrats!! Very exciting isn't it?? Happy for you

Chuy

o

I know this is not a new thread,but I am very interested in adding a raw egg to some of my plumies.
So Andrew, you're saying that you add a raw egg how many times a year? It's not rotting or doing any harm to the roots? And I could just dig until I get to the roots, then add the egg there? Should it be at the very bottom of the pot? If I already fed them slow release fertilizer, is the egg going to be too much to add for now?

Thank you in advance for your input!

Mima

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here