Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fruitsalad - name or 'category'

Posted by becks3082 none (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 11:06

Hey Plumi lovers!

Does anyone know if fruitsalad is a 'name' or 'class/group' of plumeria?

I was told by one distributor that there are many different 'types' of fruitsalad plumeria (indicating many plumeria fell under this group) and that it did not refer to a specific plumeria.

Though I often see postings for what appear to be a single named plumeria, I have also seen sites with multiple different plants labeled as fruitsalad with additional qualifiers in brackets following the name....thus I was curious.

I had this plumeria on my list of plumeria i was seeking, but now am confused. Many offer a plumeria labeled simply Fruitsalad. I have seen others listed as JL Fruitsalad (was fruit salad originally Jim's or are these different?).. also florida colors offers varieties called fruitsalad darryl and fruitsalad caboulture.

So.... share your plumi wisdom and educate me!

Rebecca

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fruitsalad - name or 'category'

Texas Plumeria used to have a "Fruit Salad" that, in the photo, seemed darker and they had named it "Darker Fruit Salad". FC is selling a "Fruit Salad Caboulture" (OZ) that appears to be a bit different as well as another FC named "Fruit Salad Darryl".

o

I also recall seeing something, possibly on BBB that said something about Fruit Salad types not setting seed often - so I think it must be a type as you stated but I'm not sure what makes it so.

o

Thanks for the replies!

@Plumygirl - I had noticed many of those different flowers you mentioned also. That is part of what confused me! They didn't seem any more similar than many plumerias not referenced as fruitsalad; but no information was provided indicating it was anything other than a name (or multiple with similar names)

@Elucas101 - funny you mention reading it on the BBB site, because that is actually where we were told it was a category of plumeria. If they are a 'type' I wonder what makes then different... They don't appear different to me, so perhaps its something with their growing habits. I'll have to ask brad when we visit BBB this spring.

Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here