Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minderella_gw

Plumeria cuttings

Minderella
12 years ago

I was wondering where is the best and reasonbly price place to get cuttings?

Comments (8)

• Minderella
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am bumping this because no one acknowledged the question

• jandey1
    12 years ago

Check out the post "Good Nurseries?". There are some places mentioned there.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hey Minderella,

BBB'shttps://www.bradsbudsandblooms.com/index.php?cPath=31&osCsid=c811ee34eac9014cc1e2c94900835586

MPG
    http://www.mauiplumeriagardens.com/

Florida COlors

http://www.floridacolors.com/

Ebay too!

Hope this helps...

Hope you are having some good weather down in Florida!!!

Let us know what you secide to buy!!!

: )

Laura

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hey Jen,

I didnt see your post until now...

My computer was on the same page and i didnt see that you had posted..sorry!

Hope you get the info that you need Minderella!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Laura

• ProudMamaSD
    12 years ago

Does anyone have Plumeria Nassa? I keep stumbling upon this one and it is calling my name; I am wondering if this is a cutting that might be represented at the Easter Sale in Balboa Park?

Having never been to a cutting sale held by the So Cal Plumeria society, I am unsure whether it is typical to find good deals at such an event, or if the prices are a little higher. (granted you aren't paying shipping so that's a plus) Also, I am wondering who sells the cuttings at such a show? Local hobbyists? Nurseries?

There is a Nassa at Upland Nursery for $10, finding this very difficult to resist. I also know I haven't actually rooted a cutting so I need to be patient, this however is not the voice I am listening to right now.

Thanks for your information,
    Wendy

• slave2thefur
    12 years ago

Nassau was for sale last year at the event. The 2012 cutting list will be available soon, usually updated every few days until the sale itself. Although some of the rarer and more desirable cuttings can be expensive (not nearly as $$$ as eBay), most cuttings are reasonable to dirt cheap. There are a few commercial vendors, but most of the show are local hobbyists from SoCal. All raffled cuttings are donated to benefit the plumeria scholarship fund.

The first morning is very crowded. Bring a tote bag, make a wish list, and gather your cuttings. If the checkout line is long, use the time to talk to growers and the info desk. The last half of the last day, prices drop.

If you are new to rooting, the cutting sale is a relatively inexpensive way to acquire healthy fresh cuttings - don't forget to let them callous!

Nassau for $10 is a good price, depending on shipping fees. Upland had a booth at the South Coast Flower show last year. =^,,^= diana

• ProudMamaSD
    12 years ago

Thank you, Diana! Great information. I was planning to attend first thing on the 7th, perhaps I will postpone, it isn't as if I am after something rare.

Thank you again!
    Wendy

• animalcraker
    12 years ago

The cutting sale is loads of fun. Last year was the first year I went and all of the cuttings were reasonably priced for their variety. The people selling the cuttings are club members with the Southern California Plumeria Society, some of them do also happen to be comercial growers like John from Jungle Jacks. I belive most if not all of the cuttings come from their own trees growing in So Cal. All of the sellers I bought from last year were extremely generous with their information and tips about each particular cutting and the best way to grow them.

~Jen

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County