Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mykel02_gw

Bought cuttings to help grow my plumeria collection...

Mykel02
10 years ago

Bought these from a guy I met on Craigslist... they are NOIDS but I'm happy just growing them and seeing what flowers they will turn out to be... this will really help growing my collection... I have 6 so far (2 came from Laura... thanks again hehe) and with the 6 that I bought now I can say that I'm happy...

Comments (16)

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a pic of the biggest cutting I bought... the guy gave me a great deal... I can't believe how many tips this cutting had... :-)

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a pic of the biggest cutting I bought... the guy gave me a great deal... I can't believe how many tips this cutting had... :-)

{{!gwi}}

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Wow those are great. That big one could easily be 4-5!

Mike

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Congrats!! They all look very healthy and good size too. That's great!!

Chuy

• rox146
    10 years ago

AWESOME!!!!!! roxanne

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mike- You are right, they are very big cuttings... and the others are also good sizes...

Chuy- Yeah they all look very healthy and the stems are thick... I just ddon't know where to start rooting big cuttings... the plumerias I have are just sticks, 2 tips tops...

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Wow! You scored big time! :)

Is that 14 tips on that big one? Maybe one or two more? Wow! And with all those inflos must have been a really healthy tree/trees.
    Why can't I ever get so lucky? Am I not living right? lol

Don't forget to callous them good before you plant them.

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Moonie- 15 was my count but there are small nubs on where the inflos are so who knows... I'm sure you will get your luck... just like mine... took me a while to save up for some cuttings so I really searched for a good deal...

I got some perlite... some say putting it in perlite will help callous them... I hope its true haha...

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Moonie- 15 was my count but there are small nubs on where the inflos are so who knows... I'm sure you will get your luck... just like mine... took me a while to save up for some cuttings so I really searched for a good deal...

I got some perlite... some say putting it in perlite will help callous them... I hope its true haha...

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Hey, great score! The best advice on callusing on this forum has worked great for me and I'm not even very good at callusing! Putting the end either in or just above some hardwood mulch in a container & keep it warm - bottom heat if possible, for about 2 weeks. The humidity keeps them from shrinking back. Good luck & can't wait to see these in bloom!

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

elucas101- thanks for the advice... ill put them in a bucket with mulch or perlite... :-)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

wow Mike!!!

I am talking " Antlers.." Lol!!

Score!!! Let them callus and then When you are ready to pot up in a water bottle , cut holes and place it inside a plastic container so it won't have much movement with the proper mix of your choice . Bill had some great pictures of his huge bad boys sitting in water bottles ( with soil) Inside a five gallon container. this should do well for you and give those babies the stability they need. Remember to keep them still. No movement and no peeking!!! They will do fine. You can mist if needed as well. You could Bag root or use bottles with holes on the bottoms and tape them to the bottle to keep steady.

Good luck. Remember to water once you pot up and put them in the Sun Or hot concrete ( container) and then Wait to water until you see leaves for. 4-6 Inches. You can always mist if you think they need moisture on the stems.

Good luck. How are the others that I gave to you? ;-)

Take care,

Laura

• Mykel02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laura- Nice to to hear from you again... I'm glad you read my post haha I gave you a shout out :-)

Anyways Celadine finally dropped off the last of it's leaves, as for Guillot's Sunset, it's starting to grow leaves... but overall both of them are in good shape... Dont worry I'm taking good care of them... Thanks again...

Oh btw I working as a nurse assisstant now while working on my RN license...

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

I knew you would take great care of them, mike!!! No doubt!!!!!

Congratulations on your job!!!! Keep it up!!! I'm proud of you!!!! ;-)

Take care,

Laura