Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
isobea

Jungle Jacks new website !!!

isobea
11 years ago

Hi everyone,
never seem to have time to post anymore (but still try to read the posts whenever I can).
Thought I'd let you all know about JJ's brandnew - and hugely improved - website. Beware, you might come away with a wishlist a mile long.
Enjoy!
Iso

Comments (48)

• krismast
    11 years ago

Thanks for letting us know! I was on their website last week and was a little confused and it seemed out of date, so this is very helpful!

Thanks again,

Kristopher

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Oh no you didn't just do that! I'm trying to cut back not buy more!!

But already I fell in love w/ Queen Amber, Orotai and Xquisite. I lost Tai Surprise recent to the cold temps... so I might just add one more. Ok maybe two or three. :)

This post was edited by No-Clue on Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 20:53

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

No more plant/price list from 2009?

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Kms2, they have an updated 2013 price list. Some of them have been marked down I see.

So glad that you can finally order online instead of over the phone (I always get nervous talking to people I don't know on the phone). :)

• rox146
    11 years ago

Is there a different site other than what comes up when you google jungle Jack? Because I always see the same layout. Does not look new to me and would love to order from him and call and talk to a real voice.....roxanne

• mimalf
    11 years ago

Awesome website! Love browsing it. Good job for whoever built it.
    And of course gorgeous plumies.

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

Rox

the new site does not have the "s" on plumeria.

its is now junglejacksplumeria.com

you can still go to the old site by adding the "s"

Looking at the pricing I feel fortunate to have gotten Desert Sunrise, and Scentsational for $25

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: JJ

• rox146
    11 years ago

Thanks Mike...just spent 1 hour there and OH MY GOSH!...this will be dangerous...he packs and ships well too, right? Need to shorten the list.....but how...mahalo, roxanne

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Rox146, Yep John packs really well -- a box full of peanuts that spills on the floor when you open it! lol :)

• rox146
    11 years ago

COOL! I am ordering today...with hopes they come real soon...mahalo, roxanne

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Looks like I will have to stop by JJ's soon. I usually buy based on which plants are blooming. So I seldom follow my list. :(

This can be very dangerous!

• rox146
    11 years ago

YEE HAAAA...just ordered Dessert Sunrise, Rhonda, Roxy, Tangerine Dream, Temptation and Xanadu from John at Jungle Jack's...cannot wait for Thursday....you only turn 60 once, right???? yeah! roxanne

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

My first JJ experience was two 2 gallon plants via telephone order from JJ cost about $100 total (including shipping). Beautiful plants and no complaints since at the time this was the only way I could get the two mini varieties I wanted. I then found two 5 gallon plants at a nursery they distribute to 30-40 minutes away and it was just under $100 for both of them (Barbra even chimed in to make sure I got a "second plant discount" of 10%). Thanks Barbra :)

I bet there is some savings or better value can be gleaned by asking that nursery to order for me and then buying from them. Just food for thought for those of us not in SoCal to see if you can bundle in with a local nursery who already is a JJ distributor.

• elucas101
    11 years ago

K, should one of us call Water Garden Gems - by us, I mean Barbara LOL! - to see if we can get something specific for their Mother's Day orders? (I think that's when they get their JJ's?) She is the best negotiator!

• powderpuff
    11 years ago

I bet his business at least triples with the addition of this catalog..... Beautiful photos, easy to navigate, a nicely done website. My list has about 35. That's the easy part, now to narrow down the list.

I was blown away with my first order from him. The plants were HUGE, multi-tipped and had tons of roots. I had them shipped in pots. It was very expensive, but worth it. They bloomed right away and never skipped a beat. It's probably best to let him ship bare root if you don't live close enough to pick them up.

• rox146
    11 years ago

I looked at the pricing for cuttings at the new Jim Little site and by the time I compare to the already big and rooted ones I ordered from JJ ...I felt the $$$$ was well worth it. All the ones I would order from JL were alot more for just a cutting....roxanne

• elucas101
    11 years ago

I have been too gun shy to order from JJ's due to the $$ and shipping but I would jump all over it if I could pick up locally. I'm worried about selecting plants & then being invoiced for shipping totals not having any idea what they may be-can anyone tell me a typical shipping cost from them? (In pot & bare root?) Is their entire inventory listed on the site now? Because it really irritates me they want $14 for a catalog. :(

I ordered a couple from JL that I couldn't find anywhere else so that helped dictate the price LOL! But I am very happy with them. I also had some lovely roots on a couple I ordered from Brad's.

• powderpuff
    11 years ago

JJ will give you the shipping price before you finalize your order. to have them shipped in the pot, and if you get the larger sizes, it is fairly pricey! Some of his are potted in a very heavy sandy type mix. If you get them when they are waking up and putting out new roots, and let him ship out of the pots, it shouldn't be much at all, maybe 25-35.00 for several. One time my shipping was over 150.00 BUT I had 2 and 3 gallon plants( multi tipped, nearly small trees) all shipped potted.

The next time I will have them shipped without the pots and heavy soil. As long as it's the right time of the year when they are putting out new roots, I'm hoping it won't be a problem. I usually ask how long they have been rooted before I order.

Most of the plants I lost this past winter were ones that had very few roots after they were shipped to me from Hawaii, Florida, wherever they came from. It was obvious they had just started to get a few roots, then got broken off in shipping and I had to treat them like cuttings.

This post was edited by powderpuff on Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 10:21

• jplumeria
    11 years ago

Elucas101 where are u located? I make about 4 trips a season to JJ's well worth every trip I am hoping to move to Texas and start my Plumeria nursery there in the San Antonio area with JJ's stock.

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Emily, when I ordered 2 times from John, usually the shipping is $10-12 for just 1 gallon potted plant.

• elucas101
    11 years ago

Thanks for the info powderpuff! I guess it can vary significantly then depending on sizes and if potted, some of that sounds extremely reasonable. I would faint at the $150, but the $35 sounds good LOL!

jplumeria - I'm in the Austin area. There are a few of us here and a few in San Antonio that have a plumeria group that meets a few times a year. Most recently we went to the one and only local place that carries any JJ's plants in Marion but they only have a small variety and only for a few months out of the year. San Antonio is about 45 minutes from where I live.

Kim, thanks for the info - that is really resonable! I do feel like I'm missing out with only 1 JJ's to my name, but it is a good one - Divine. At least now i know it may be do-able if the Marion nursery doesn't pull through.

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Jplumeria, San Antonio is my adopted hometown. Let me know when you are going to be here.

E- I bet Barbra has already been calling them. Have you started rooting that Jeannie Jr.yet? I just started the TLD that Jandy gave me.

• jplumeria
    11 years ago

I will let everyone know when I'm there in San Antonio hopefully in the next few months planning to move and to bring with me with the first of about 75 JJ's plants with me along with my collection.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Can you all believe that I have not looked at his website yet?

How is that for will power... Omg., I think I'm losing that grip.....

You all are enablers.. THANKS ISO!!! I have Missed seeing you around... Just know that you are in my thoughts always.. Great memories.. From Costa Mesa!!!

Hugs, iso

Laura

• isobea
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Laura, I follow your posts whenever I have a chance. You must be the most warm-hearted person on this planet. Yes, Costa Mesa - are you coming out again? I haven't really talked to Diana yet, but would love to go and meet up again. Also, have you noticed the date for John's Open House? I'll be coming home from Europe July 13....
    Hugs back to you and have a great weekend.
    Iso

• elucas101
    11 years ago

K-will probably be starting it this weekend. I re-cut the end of it because it began to pull away from the sides a lot so it should be ready now. I'm very excited about that one! That TLD is an awesome plumie too.

Laura, phenominal will power!!! Trust me, it's bad - in a good way! LOL! It's a beautiful website but it hurts to look!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Jplumeria, I think we've communicated by email in the past about your coming to SA. Yes, we have a small but hard-core group of enthusiasts in the area and most of us are just starting with JJ's plants.

The new website is such an improvement over the old one! I've picked ONE for Wendy to get for me, and I'm pretty stoked about it! Still nice to browse the site for photos, it's such a gorgeous collection of flowers.

• rox146
    11 years ago

received my 6 plants from JJ today...unbelievable job on the packing...not a new leaf even damaged...roxanne

• plucrazy
    11 years ago

I have been trying to connect with the new site for over a week, and all I get is a blank screen. What am I doing wrong? I even just googled it and got the same thing. I want to see what the rest of you are seeing!!!Clara

• powderpuff
    11 years ago

Plucrazy, here is the link:

http://www.junglejacksplumeria.com/

• plucrazy
    11 years ago

That's what I used, and nothing ever appears. Clara

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Did you try to clean our your internet cookies & cache? Sometimes that can be a problem when you can't view things. ;)

• DelWH
    11 years ago

I just tried it and it worked fine.

• plucrazy
    11 years ago

My son advised me to download Google/Chrome web browser and see if that wouldln't help. It did indeed. He says it is a very busy website. Clara

• starofleviathan
    11 years ago

Dear Lord have mercy & hold me back! My day has just been made *Happy dance* !! I've had my heart set on getting a Nassau (in honor of where I live). Been wanting to order more Plumies but afraid of giving out personal info to strangers after getting shafted by someone. From what I hear JJ's is a sure bet. Oh yeah, Happy Spring everyone!
    :-)

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Anyone else order from John via online? If so how long did it take for you to get an invoice? It's been 4 days since I placed mine.

I know he is probably super busy but like I said.... I was just wondering.

• powderpuff
    11 years ago

Kim,
    I just placed an order. I asked him questions about what sizes, ow many tips, etc. via email. I give him my list, he responds fairly quickly with prices, sizes and tips next to the ones on my list.

Then I always call him to discuss, then pay and verify a shipping day. He is shipping mine on Monday or Tuesday because he's going out of town after that. I got mostly 5 gallon sizes but one Tangerine Dreams is more newly rooted so I'm having him ship that in pot and will let it get more roots then repot in a few months into the Gritty mix.

I think he stays super busy and I find if I call him I can get it done in short order and he will tell me when he is shipping them.

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Powderpuff, All I have every heard from him was an "automated" email stating that he will be checking the availability of them, then I never heard nothing else, which that was 4 days ago.

I've ordered from him before, but always over phone an I thought that I would try doing it online since that feature became available since I'm not fond of talking on the phone.

• powderpuff
    11 years ago

That's weird. I have been emailing back and forth with him for several days. Don't use the contact form on his website. Use the email address and do it directly from your email and put in the header "Plumeria order". Try that.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Put me on the list of not hearing back with emails. He is very personable on the phone, though.

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Moonie, did you check your email? I finally got a reply from him this afternoon. Unfortunately he doesn't have any ready yet in the 1 gallon size so I will have to wait.

• tropicalzone7
    11 years ago

I saw the new website a few weeks ago and after 2 years of not buying any plumerias, I am back in the hobby and will have lots of new ones soon hopefully (waiting for Jungle Jacks to get a few more in stock before I get them shipped!). The last 2 summers I have been focusing on my other tropical plants, but I really like how easy plumerias overwinter and on top of that they are by far the most beautiful flowers in my yard so I'll be posting on this fourm a little bit more soon!
    He emailed me pretty quickly, I sent in an order and he got back to me the next day with a personal response about what is and is not in stock. So far all of the plumerias I have gotten from them have done well so I'm looking forward to ordering from them soon.
    -Alex

• elucas101
    11 years ago

It's a slippery slope isn't it Alex? LOL!

Kim, what are you ordering?!

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Elucas101, I was gonna order a desert sunrise and rhonda but since he doesn't have any available in 1 gallon yet I will save my money for a rainy day, perhaps to get a new furry friend since my corgi died unexpected on the 4th. :/

• powderpuff
    11 years ago

I have an order that is due to arrive today, but Fed Ex is still showing it in CA, so who knows when it will be here. It was shipped Tuesday.

The order:

Tangerine Dreams 2 Gallon- 3 tips
    Scentsational- 2 Gallon- 3 tips
    Tbred Tracy- 5 Gallon
    Safari- 5 Gallon
    Desert Sunrise- 5 Gallon

• rox146
    11 years ago

Heads up...I ordered 6 and 1 was to be Temptation and was clearly tagged Premier Rainbow and some 4 letters on the trunk I cannot make out....roxanne

• elucas101
    11 years ago

Kim, I am so very sorry to hear about your dog. That's heartbreaking. (((BIG HUGS))) I love Corgis, my dog is half Corgi. When you are ready I know there is a buddy out there waiting for you to love.

• elucas101
    11 years ago

It really sounds like he may need more help over there - the website has generated business that he doesn't seem to have the manpower to handle, as well as being out of town until the 22nd. That's really too bad. Or was it always like this?!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations