Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Florida Colors has a new web page

Posted by honeybunny2 Z9TX (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 19:02

Yesterday, I noticed that Florida Colors has their new web page up. Lots of new plants available. Barbra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Florida Colors has a new web page

I think they have some kinks to work out. Very nice though. Peg

o

They do have a new website and some new partners. Expect to see some beautiful plumeria offerings now and in the future.

o

I kinda miss the old, cleaner site, but hope this brings them more business. They certainly deserve to be very successful!

I also wish all the sites selling plumeria would give details on growth habit with every variety. Scent, too. Some of us find ourselves waiting years to see a bloom, all while watching the branches growth through the roof.

Thanks for the heads-up, Barbra! I've tied up Summer Spice to keep her wide branches safer, and am (im)patiently waiting for any signs of inflo! The tips look a lot like Heirloom's tips, which makes sense since Heirloom is a seedling of SS.

o

I agree Jandey. There's no reason why they can't give a bit more information about them. Especially since these plants are not cheap. Maybe there's something they don't want us to know?

o

More info is better but would defer to our forum as the penultimate resource. For no other reason than local climatic conditions and impact on the plant will make a difference.

o

I agree, even just a few miles makes a huge difference in how a plant grows. Mine are in the ground, the seller is just 25 miles to the north, he has to bring them inside. Most of mine didn't go dormant, all of his did. Mine get wide and spread out, his remain more compact. But his are in pots, mine stay in the ground. Mine bloom much heavier than his. Even Becky in LaMarque, a mere 12 miles away has totally different growing conditions than I do, different soil, more freezes....

Then factor in stuff like water, alkaline? acidic? fertilizing, sun, heat, winter, etc. etc. it becomes impossible to say how a plant will grow. I have plants that the label says 1-4' and they are 12' tall. Fragrant in your garden, odorless in mine.
Tally HO!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here