Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
powderpuff_gw

Lots of bloom spikes

powderpuff
12 years ago

I bought about 85 Plumerias last summer and so far only lost one, Cookstown Sunset and it arrived with barely any roots and began to rot. I cut it off and re-rooted and it seemed to be doing fine but this winter all the tips began to rot and it progressed downward fast and it collapsed. :(

Sangria has been blooming on the same bloom spike since last fall and it now has another spike beginning on one of the other tips. (Jungle Jacks in 5 gallon pot).

Inca Gold has 4 tips with spikes on each one. (Jungle Jacks 5 gallon pot)

Thumbelina 3 spikes(Jungle Jack's 5 gallon pot)

Divine2 spikes so far, looks like more forming. (Jungle Jack's 5 gallon pot)

Guillots Sunset, this is a 7 year old tree and was a gift from Emerson Willis, it's got about 5 so far.

Aztec Gold has several open. Love the strong ripe peaches fragrances. Aztec gold is very common down here in the Keys. This one is a 4' tall skinny little tree, might but it one it stops blooming and re-root the top. (Brads Buds & Blooms)

Gulfstream has several spikes beginning. This is really a tree. I took a tree sized cutting from my old tree that I planted in my neighbors yard next to my fence. I collected this cutting years ago from the mother tree before it ever had a name.

Star Ruby has one spike (Brad's Buds and Blooms)

Elsie has a spike just emerging.(Brad's Buds and Blooms)

Muang Bendjapan- one spike just emerging( Brad's Buds and Blooms)

Pictures to follow if I can figure out how to do it.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure