Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lots of bloom spikes

Posted by powderpuff 11 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 19:56

I bought about 85 Plumerias last summer and so far only lost one, Cookstown Sunset and it arrived with barely any roots and began to rot. I cut it off and re-rooted and it seemed to be doing fine but this winter all the tips began to rot and it progressed downward fast and it collapsed. :(

Sangria has been blooming on the same bloom spike since last fall and it now has another spike beginning on one of the other tips. (Jungle Jacks in 5 gallon pot).

Inca Gold has 4 tips with spikes on each one. (Jungle Jacks 5 gallon pot)

Thumbelina 3 spikes(Jungle Jack's 5 gallon pot)

Divine2 spikes so far, looks like more forming. (Jungle Jack's 5 gallon pot)

Guillots Sunset, this is a 7 year old tree and was a gift from Emerson Willis, it's got about 5 so far.

Aztec Gold has several open. Love the strong ripe peaches fragrances. Aztec gold is very common down here in the Keys. This one is a 4' tall skinny little tree, might but it one it stops blooming and re-root the top. (Brads Buds & Blooms)

Gulfstream has several spikes beginning. This is really a tree. I took a tree sized cutting from my old tree that I planted in my neighbors yard next to my fence. I collected this cutting years ago from the mother tree before it ever had a name.

Star Ruby has one spike (Brad's Buds and Blooms)

Elsie has a spike just emerging.(Brad's Buds and Blooms)

Muang Bendjapan- one spike just emerging( Brad's Buds and Blooms)

Pictures to follow if I can figure out how to do it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lots of bloom spikes

Sangria:

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Gulfstream:

Photobucket

o
Aztec Gold

Photobucket
Photobucket

o
Guillot's Sunset

Photobucket

o
Heart of Gold

This is Heart of Gold (Brad's Buds and Blooms) when it bloomed last July:
Photobucket

o

Hi powderpuff , What beauties !!!! It's so nice to see blooms this time of year as we are waiting for things to warm up. They all are so pretty. Thanks for sharing them. Peg

o

Thank you, thank you for posting such wonderful images! I think most of us are itching to get started this spring. I know I'm going through serious withdrawal!

Your photos are so clear and well-shot, too. Which cultivars are your favorites and why?

Jen

o

Hi
Thank you for sharing such beauties.
Heart of Gold is now in my list.:)

o

Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures!!!

Heart of gold is a gorgeous one..

Please post more..

Laura

o

What beauties. Gulfstream and Aztec gold are on my wishlist. How is the scent on the both of them?

~Jen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here