Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thais_lex

Help with my first plumeria? :)

thais_lex
10 years ago

Hello everyone! I have always been a fan of plumerias and have bought my first one this past November :).

It is a Madame Pele and I would very much appreciate any advice on care, watering, and what I should expect from all you lovely knowledgable people ^_^.

I will try to get a picture on here some time this week but my little plumie has 3 branches and just came out of dormancy with the beginning of 4 little claws on each head of its branches.

I had bought it rooted already and was warned not to try to transplant it until early spring. I am planning to move it to a much bigger pot sometime this or next week and was wondering if i should apply rooting hormone or do anything special before moving it?

Also I'm looking into buying/rooting some cuttings in the near future and I was wondering if there was any other way to root other than scabbing? I've heard that you can apply root growth hormone and plant. Is that true?

Sorry for so many questions! I am really excited for the growing season to start and hope to hear from you guys soon!

This post was edited by thais_lex on Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 16:36

Comments (2)