Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rooted cuttings

Posted by Maark23 Tx/7b (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 1:32

Hello there, I'm fairly new to the forum. I've been reading and I posted a while back about some cuttings.. Any ways I was wondering where I could purchase some rooted plumeria cuttings. I haven't had much luck with rooting cuttings so I thought rooted cuttings would be easier.

Thanks
Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rooted cuttings

Try Derrick at A Piece of Paradise. Great prices and fat, multi tipped cuttings which often have inflos growing within a couple of months.

Here is a link that might be useful: His rooted ones.

o

Brad's Buds and Blooms - all of theirs are rooted.
https://www.bradsbudsandblooms.com/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=682a4793f7182b001e248efa676f632f

Plumeria World - contact them for rooted plants of the varieties shown on their page.
http://plumeria.storenvy.com/

Maui Plumeria Gardens:
http://www.mauiplumeriagardens.com/index.php?cPath=2

Jungle Jacks:
http://www.junglejacksplumeria.com

A few reputable places to buy from that should give you a great selection to choose from! Please let us know what you decide to buy!

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 9:57

Wendy at Double Peak plumeria, you can find her on facebook and here also.

mike

o

Thank you everyone! I'm going to check those sites out. :)

Mark

o

And don't forget Florida Colors
www.floridacolors.com

I've been very pleased with the plumerias I received from them.

Joan

o

Okay so I decided to place an order from Jungle Jacks. I ordered the Inca Gold. I want to try my luck before I order more.

Mark

o

Mark,
Good choice! JJ's sends out quality Plumeria. Inca is very nice and a great reliable bloomer.

o

Hi Mark,

I have a pretty decent selection of fully rooted cuttings and cuttings in the process of rooting....everyone on the forum that I've dealt with so far has been pretty satisfied. Just let me know if you are interested.

o

Hi Mark!

Lots of great advice here and good leads..

Let me know if can help!

Take care,

Laura

o

Hey Laura thanks you! Well I'm still waiting on the plant from jungle jacks and I'm looking for other easy growers.

Mark

o

Mark - I'm thinking you should be warned but I'm sure it's too late now. You're going to be in so deep just like the rest of us! LOL

You made a good choice. Inca Gold yellow coloring is so deep.

What's going to be your next purchase? :)

o

I have no Idea yet Moonie_57 there are sooooo many options. ,I'm thinking something with a red flower :)

Mark

o

Maark23...I hear Celadines are extremely easy "rooters". (Mine sure was!) Plus, it has that classic plumeria fragrance...and the flowers keep for a long time.
Cyra

o

Mark, I would hold off ordering rooted plants from Derrick at A Piece of Paradise. I just had my order seized by Dept of Ag and destroyed. Peg

o

Peg, did they give you a reason? I was about to order from him myself after all the glowing reviews here!

o

All the rave reviews were for cuttings I believe, not rooted ones. So sorry to hear of that problem. roxanne

o

I don't think there are any problems getting them sent to California. I've gotten both cuttings and rooted ones from Derrick, the last rooted ones came a month ago.

o

It was Hawaii that seized them so he couldn't get them out of his state. Had to do with being sent with soil. I guess not all get inspected so some get through, or maybe he sent yours bare rooted? I'm waiting to see if he follows through with compensation. He said he is waiting for a stamp so he can send them with dirt. I don't think cuttings are a problem.

o

Oh wow! I'm sorry to hear about that Peg. I was just looking at his website.

--Thanks Cyra! I will defiantly look into that Celandine.

Mark

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here