Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plumejunkie

Plumes in 65 gallon geo pots

plumejunkie
10 years ago

Ok guys, so decided to start the new season right & transplant my bigger trees into 65 gallon geo pots. Thought some of u might like to see it. Mixing 130 gallons of soil is loads of fun, really glad I've got a dump truck wagon to make filling the pots a breeze!

I mixed up 2 different types of soil, 1/8, 1/4, & 3/4 in lava rock, a couple hand fulls of moss I cut very fine, sand, and some rice hulls. The plan is to run a no-till setup, amending throuought the season as needed.

Both plants were innoculated with micorizal fungi and bennefficial bacteria. Also, red wigglers came along with the transplant as they were thriving in my cactus mix from the previous pot.

At the transplant, I misted the roots with a mixture of fresh aloe, fulvic acid, potassium silicate, sea crop, diastatic malt, and some black strap molasses.

So far I am very happy with my soil mix. It drains quickly & is never wet, but always seems to hold just a tad of moisture. The worms seem to be doing well, and are covered with a mulch of bamboo leaves, which just so happen to be a great source of potassium..... ;)

Let's see how they do....

Comments (8)