Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Houston Pre PSA Plumeria sale! Raspberry Sundae :)

Posted by Alisarom none (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 10:57

Hi everyone, I am a new member, and until now I have not posted yet, since I feel I do not have much to add to the vast knowledge that is so kindly shared here. But, this time, I hope this brings someone a little happiness :)
German Collazos, Houston PSA member, has a plant sale. Between 2 trips, I managed to buy 20 plants! Not sure how that happened :)
Anyway, he has sooo many diferent plumerias, I even made a list, I can share with you, if interested. But since I have read a few posts about the "famous" Raspberry Sundae, he does have a few left, I bought 2. He also has a few Mardi Gras, JL Hot Pink, Hilo Beauty, Nancy Andes Rainbow, I spied a Madame Poni in there too. These are all rooted plants, they start at around $20, some of them are a bit more.
German is a really, really cool person to talk plumerias with, I spent 2 hours in his backyard yesterday. Oh, and did I mention how awesome his backyard is?? I lost track of time and then found myself in a rush to leave, I forgot to take pictures of it, but I am sure I will be going back for more soon.
He is currently starting rooting a bunch of cuttings for the June PSA sale too.

Forgot to post his number, if anyone is interested.

This post was edited by Alisarom on Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 12:38

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Houston Pre PSA Plumeria sale! Raspberry Sundae :)

Hi Alisarom. Your posting was most timely! I was just coming to once again think Barbra for helping me obtain Raspberry Sundae. Just this morning I discovered an inflo! Happy me! :)

So, thank you, Barbra!

Stay around Alisarom. You probably have as much knowledge as many of us.

Y'all can be expecting photos in the coming weeks.

o

Hi Moonie, thanks for the warm welcome! I am so happy to be able to buy rooted plants locally, without the rush/lines I have seen in pictures posted from previous PSA sales. I tried cuttings - I am still trying actually but while I feel like I have been reading so much about different methods of drying/callusing, rooting, soil mixes, etc, I still rot them like no one else! Mainly, because I have NO patience, and I keep bothering them... I know, I know, go bother something else... So.. I bought all these plants, hopefully they will keep me away from the cuttings :)
Considering I started with one plant this winter, and now I have about 35 plants, plus some cuttings, plus some seedlings, of course had to look and buy some adeniums, I think I qualify for the "addicted" status...

o

We'll be doing your intervention soon. Welcome to the club! Peg

o

Mmmwwwhhhaaaa!!!

Welcome!!! ;-)

Just wait!!!

Have fun...

Laura

o

Hehe, Laura, you are one of the "bad" influences :) Wish my backyard would look like yours one day.
Is is bad that I am going this weekend to buy a greenhouse to start preparing for Texas winter already? lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here