Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rox146

piece of paradise...Derrick Martin

rox146
11 years ago

Many Alohas and Mahalos once again to Derrick at Piece of Paradise...I now have added Intense Rainbow,Hawaiian India, Midnight Ruby, Kona's Orange Dream, Honey Rose, Kona Hybrid, Samoan Red, Wailuku, Irma Bryan...and he tossed in for free a Guillot Sunset. They are all happily callussing in the sunroom and I cannot wait to sneak them into the collection outside.

I was able to jump in on a friend's order of 50 or more, a big box, and not 1 of the tips were broken on any....

Mahalo Nui Loa to Derrick....roxanne

Comments (14)

• uglyhair
    11 years ago

Hey Rox, yes, I too am very happy with our cuttings. All have multiple tips, are branched, beefy and clearly freshly cut.

I was looking at my growing area at lunch...how or where am i going to fit another 30 potting plumeria into the mix (oh boy.....)

Thanks again Derrick!

• rox146
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well...I am still trying to not have Larry see them in the sunroom all in a bucket with ends in perlite....also, just back from Green Thumb where I scored 2 rooted 1 gallons with inflos from C star....what an illness...next time you are this way...come and see the herd....Derrick is the best!!!! aloha, roxanne

• rox146
    Original Author
    11 years ago

p.s. do have your friend come to the luau in August...may as well support each other in the quest for more... :-) roxanne

• desamecyra
    11 years ago

Those are a nice, healthy-looking bunch of cuttings, kudos to the nice folks at Piece of Paradise. (They're sending me a little piece or two of paradise, as well...Aztec gold and Singapore...because fragrance is as important as bloom to me, and I've heard that these cultivars are very fragrant)
    They are extremely reasonably priced, I was very surprised by their prices, and will be back for another visit there, as finances permit. They have lovely candles, too, but I sort've make my own, so I didn't succumb to those...even though the containers they use are decidedly unique!

• rox146
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And don't be surprised if he does throw in freebee....roxanne

• Quaching
    11 years ago

I also bought some plumeria cuttings from Derrick (10 pack) and he threw in some extra's. I can't believe I was paying $30.00 for one cutting before with no multi-tips. I paid about $76.00 after shipping costs and ended up with 13 plumeria cuttings from Derrick ( all with two or three tips). Make sure to check out the link on his webpage for daily/weekly specials. He had Nebels Rainbow for $3 a cutting. I only wish I would have found him sooner.

• rox146
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Exactly, a remarkable find he is...roxanne

• Minderella
    11 years ago

I just ordered last night from him. I need to start writing down what all plummies I have.

Mindy

• rox146
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good luck with that idea Mindy...the more you write down...the more you want... :-)....roxanne

• Minderella
    11 years ago

How long did it take to get them from him?

• desamecyra
    11 years ago

Well, I'm sort've still waiting, my transaction with Piece of Paradise was on 04/19/13, so there's still time as I see it. I'm not one of those "instant gratification" types who need everything.....yesterday. If there's anything plumeria have taught me, and are still teaching me, it's patience. Some things are well worth waiting for....
    Maybe they're giving my cuttings "callus" time, before shipping, I know that I would do that, were I in the business of selling them, so that new growers' cuttings didn't rot after receipt, (by the customers planting them before they'd fully callused).

• rox146
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have found that they seem to come at least 1 week after you are told they are coming. He cuts them fresh and has gotten quite busy. It is worth the wait to get such nice beefy cuttings. I have 11 that I got from a friend's order 1 week ago and am letting them callus after dipping in sulphur dust and now in the sunroom on top of perlite...I will pot them up in atleast 1 more week....roxanne

• desamecyra
    11 years ago

I can imagine they're very busy, especially this time of year.
    I love browsing plumeria sites, especially ones that show pictures of their actual plumeria, so one gets an accurate idea of what to expect. Their candle containers are pretty unique, too, btw.

• Minderella
    11 years ago

He message me today and said he had 10 orders in front of mine. So I will be waiting. Today I received a Kaneohe Sunburst from a friend on another site. So I am happy, Need to pot them tomorrow,