Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photos of some of last years blooms....

Posted by powderpuff 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 12:31

Divine- Love this tree, beautiful shape, and it is a blooming machine.

Plumeria JJ's Delightful photo IMG_4157Delightful_zps9a325202.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos of some of last years blooms....

Elsie- late season, first time bloom

Elsie's first blooming late in season photo IMG_4079Elsie_zpse5c819de.jpg

Chompoo Paan

Chompoo Paan photo IMG_4072ChompooPaan_zps3918108f.jpg

Noid, maybe India or Kimo

Noid Plumeria Kino or India? photo IMG_4071Noid_zpsc27cea76.jpg

Star Ruby

Star Ruby photo IMG_4068StarRuby_zps057d5a6b.jpg

Aztec Gold

Aztec Gold Plumeria photo IMG_4062_zps2b7c6d82.jpg

Sangria- one of my favorites, a non stop bloomer- each info just puts out more and more blooms for many months

Sangria Plumeria photo IMG_4044Sangria_zps57c850a6.jpg
Sangria JJ's photo IMG_6044_zps3d3a2f28.jpg

Guillot's Sunset- LOVE this one. Easy to root, easy to grow, great bloomer

Guillot's Sunset Plumeria Blooms on tree photo IMG_4042_zps79bfad5e.jpg
Guillots' Sunset photo IMG_4037GuillotsSunset_zpse926d214.jpg

Thumbelina- noon stop bloomer, such a pretty small tree

Thumbelina JJ's photo IMG_4038Thumbelina_zpsfc68d723.jpg

Inca Gold

Inca Gold Plumeria 1 photo IMG_4035IncaGold_zps51cb9e26.jpg
Inca Gold Plumeria 2 photo IMG_4030_zps057fe213.jpg
Inca Gold Plumeria 3 photo IMG_4016aztec_zps91b0d024.jpg

Divine

Plumeria Divine from JJ's photo IMG_3990Divine_zps813b5d5e.jpg

Gulfstream- I got this original cutting from a friend's yard that used to live in the Marathon. I believe Emerson Willis who used to winter there collected and registered this one. The name of the RV park was Gulfstream, hence the name. My tree is about 10 years old now and I cut off a mini tree and rooted it in the summer of 2011, so have 32 now. Easy to root, easy to grow and blooms from May to October or longer in the Keys. Sadly these were too big to bring so they live happily in my yard in the Keys. I will get a nice big cutting to try up here. I miss it,

Gulfstream photo IMG_3952Gulfstream_zps4170b6ed.jpg
Gulfstream with blooms photo IMG_5109_zpsd5b64ad5.jpg

Madame Poni first bloom late in season- not much twisting of petals

Madame Poni first bloom late in season photo IMG_2182MadamePoni_zps5612ea0c.jpg

Noid #2

Noid India or Kimo photo IMG_9246Noid_zpsb03a511e.jpg

Nassau with heat

Nassau with heat photo IMG_6989Nassauwithheat_zps9346ef9e.jpg

Nassau again

Nassau cloudy weather photo IMG_6666Nassau_zps7bf5de61.jpg

Kaneohe Sunburst

Kaneohe Sunburst photo IMG_6497KaneoheSunburst_zps558b5698.jpg

Heart of Gold-

Heart of Gold photo HeartofGoldblooms7222011_zps41a09565.jpg

Noid- Much oranger than it appears in this photo, possibly Kauka Wilder or a seedling of it? I gave Emerson WIllis a big 4 tip cutting, hoping it will bloom for him this summer and he will know what it is.

Orange Noid in collected in Keys photo IMG_5366_zps4afbf021.jpg

NOID- I love this one. It is so fragrant, like Gardenia. You can smell it all over the yard! It's such a pretty coral pink. I collected this one from a tree in the Keys.

Peachy pink, HIGHLY fragrant Noid in Keys photo IMG_5303_zps6fba30aa.jpg

Singapore- so fragrant, such pretty leaves, I had to leave this one in the Keys in the ground where it is very happy..., zero cold tolerance for central FL.

Singapore photo IMG_5294_zps733f9089.jpg

Noid Rainbow - a friend gave me 2 huge multi tipped cutting of this tree. It's very compact, blooms like mad and one of the easiest ever to root.

Noid Rainbow collected in Keys, easy to root blooms non stop photo IMG_5271_zpsb8f95cae.jpg

Noid Yellow , got a big multi tipped cutting, more like a small tree from a generous neighbor. Sadly, this one rotted this winter and I lost it. Have no clue why. It was big had about 7 tips.I will replace it next time I go down. :(

Keys Yellow NOID photo IMG_5262_zps3bc718b5.jpg

Noid white given to me by a friend in the Keys. This one is special because the blooms are so heavy and waxy. Fragrance isn't as great or strong as some of the other whites but the flowers last forever. I picked one and put it on my kitchen window sill and it lasted 5 days out of water.

Florida Keys White Noid, heavy, waxy flowers last a week photo IMG_5223111thStOcutting_zpsda952ff5.jpg

Japanese Lantern- given to me by Emerson Willis- he collected it from a tree that he trims each year for the owner in Marathon. The mother tree is HUGE and gorgeous. I have some photos, will find them and post later.

Japanese Lantern photo IMG_5155_zpsff547fd5.jpg

This post was edited by powderpuff on Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 13:13

o

• Posted by k2fl okc 7 (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 13:22

Beautiful blooms! I wish my trees are that big, but then again they're not planted in the ground so that would be a big hassle moving them in and out every year.

Thanks for sharing!

Kenny

o

Most of mine are in pots now. I left the bigger ones in the ground, some were way too big to move. I am going to put some in the ground up here this summer. I think they grow much faster. Then will dig them up for the winter. Emerson Willis does this every year and it works for him. Some of his trees are huge. I can't imagine doing what he does each winter. That is real love.

o

Very nice to see some beautiful plants. As long as you took cuttings with you..it can all be done again. I would also consider in ground planting the less sensitive varieties until you are more comfortable with winters in your new area and have figured out the "micro climates" at your new home.

The reason he digs them up in the winter isnt because of the cold but due to the "gumbo" soil he has being so close to Galveston Bay.

o

Very nice!!! I love the Coral Noid. What a shame you had to leave them. Hopefully all will work out with the move. We are looking at moving and I'm just figuring it out here and then I'll have to start all over. Peg

o

Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing! Can't wait for summer. :)

-Robert

o

Hi Powder...

Those pics are gorgeous!

The trees are so full of blooms and are so healthy. I'm sure it was hard to leave those behind, but you can have nice size trees in containers and like K mentioned, you can see what can be planted in the ground once you are familiar with your new home.

I just love scrolling thru your pics.. Makes me long for the warm temps and a trip to some tropical location.. Oh, to be in Hawaii or Florida/ CA. I just love these trees and I can't think of a better fragrance...

Thank you for the "eye candy". Lol.. Now I will go to sleep and dream of my favorite things... ;-)

Thank you again,

Laura

o

always great to see flowers when the plants are waking up- makes me wonder what the summer will bring for my garden. Thanks for sharing. Bill

o

I love that NOID Rainbow. How large are the flowers? They look big!
~SJN

o

Sultry... the flowers aren't that big. I have a photo somewhere of the mother tree. I will try to find it and post it. They are are on the smaller side but what they lack in size they make up for in numbers and length of bloom time. It's an early bloomer and bloomed into late October.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here