Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

I love my son...

moonie_57 (8 NC)
10 years ago

who at this very moment is trying to take some scrap wood and nail together a table or two for my cuttings. Last year I had a piece of old paneling... very thin paneling... sitting on top of 3 pieces of those plastic baby play yards. It served it's purpose but the paneling isn't going to make it another season.

I have 3 large dogs so I need my smaller plumies up off the ground. Many of you know what I mean, hmm?

Yes, I love my son very much but hope he doesn't get into any of dad's good wood. :)

Comments (6)

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok, that sounded like I was talking about a teenager... or younger. My son is 36. LOL

• joanr
    10 years ago

LOL, I was picturing this little teenage boy scavenging dad's prime wood and nailing together a lopsided table for mom (whom he loves dearly) and standing back with a big smile on his facing telling mom "look what I did for you".

Joan

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL

Even at 36 that was a pretty good synopsis, Joan! :)

Actually, he stopped by and I asked him for suggestions so he cut a piece of plywood to fit where the paneling had been, then used some other scraps and made another smaller table. They will serve the purpose. Thanks, son!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Mona!!!

Sounds like you have a wonderful son..

My son is 23 years old and he took me to dinner tonight and wouldn't let me pay.. I thought i was going to go into a state of shock!!! LMAO!! He is a wonderful young man too!

What would we do without our sons? Sigh... i love him so much!!!!

I will admit.. when i read the title of you thread, i thought it was going to be about Greg!!!! ;-)

Take care,

Laura

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laura - it makes me all soft and mushy talking about the kids! yes, love them all so much. And Greg... lucky me.. I have the most beautiful grandplumies ever! :)

The human ones aren't half-bad either. My oldest grandson (13) called me today and his voice is changing. I didn't recognize it and asked who I was speaking with. He was slightly annoyed but it had been a month since we spoke on the phone! LOL

My 7 y/o grandson calls me Grandma Moaner. I've always loved that and when they tried to correct him I wouldn't allow it. Isn't that just so cute? I hope he always calls me that. LOL

And not to leave out the other two... my 10 y/o grandson looks a lot like me. Luckily for him I look good in male form. He loves banana plants.

My one and only granddaughter is 2. I'm very happy that she likes flowers... when she isn't crying and clinging to her mothers legs. :)

Bet your son was so proud to be seen with Mom and able to pay for dinner. So sweet!

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Laura, I thought Mona was going to post about Greg, too, LOL! So lovely of your "boy" to take you out to dinner!

Mona, so lovely of your "boy" to help you make your other "babies" safer! As for your grandkids, it's never too early to get them started on plumies.

My son isn't even in kindergarten yet, but he knows full well how much Mommy loves her other "babies". He has, um, requisitioned a few for his own collection, though. I have to write his name on those. He's starting very young. :P