Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cutting fell over, lost some claws

Posted by kim319 6A, So Indiana (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 7, 12 at 14:27

Hello! I just recently got a penang peach cutting, which I just planted April 3rd. I had it sitting in front of the window getting some sun on the heat mat when my fan accidentally fell and knocked it over which resulted in some of the claws (they weren't very big, just starting to get shiny) to be knocked off an it oozed some sap a bit too. My question is, will it be alright and re-grow some claws which eventually will turn into leaves? I am just so bummed out about what happened b/c I am really looking forward to this cutting an am worried that they won't re-form again. It was the only one that took the brunt of the impact.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cutting fell over, lost some claws

Hey Kim319,

Dont worry to much about the cutting...it happens sometimes.

Just pot it back up and make sure it is supported and not loose in the soil. It will be fine. Do you have it on a heat mat?

Relax and the claws will form and the leaves will grow and be just fine.

No worries!! : )

Take care,

Laura

o
RE: Cutting fell over, lost some claws

• Posted by kim319 6A, So Indiana (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 7, 12 at 18:59

Hello Laura! Thanks for our reassuring. It makes me feel much better. I was just worried about it b/c I am really looking forward to seeing penang peach do it's thing.

Yep, I have a heat mat, two to be exact (one on a desk an one by the south sunny window) an a plant lamp that throws off excellent heat (sometimes the lamp if placed in the proper place, will exceed 90F temps). When I had the lamp shining at the bottom of my bottles, penang peach got shiny claws within 2-3 days.

Again, big thanks! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here