Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
uglyhair

Attn Plumeria Junkies in Ventura County, California.......

uglyhair
10 years ago

The Ventura Green Thumb Nursery is having a plumeria demonstration and sale this weekend. You can get some nice beefy cuttings for a modest price

http://www.greenthumbintlnews.com/news/april/2013wk1-vtu.html

Comments (7)

• rox146
    10 years ago

This where I got my start....Werner and his wife are now good friends of ours and come for bot rides. He has Daisy Wilcox, some beautiful Yellows that I think were renamed and a rainbow that really looks like Kauka Wilder...so helpful on any questions. He helped me go from 2 plants to my now whopping 188....muchos mahalos to him...roxanne

• rox146
    10 years ago

Cool Mike...did not know it was you....why Ugly hair? :-)

Thought you had 400 of these things, you must have sold a lot...rox

p.s. Nancy is standing in line at the San Diego sale for us and has all the instructions and strategies :-)

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Roxanne, where do you keep all 188 plumies? Are they potted? I'd love to have many of them but... no room for now. :(

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Does anyone know if the Green Thumb in South Orange County is having the same deal? :). Will check if there's anything online as well..

Chuy

• rox146
    10 years ago

CHUY415...pretty sure it is only at this green thumb in Ventura. He is a friend of the head nursery guy here and a great human being with a lovely and gracious wife. He has about 60 huge trees in the ground by FARIA up the coast a few minutes that he sells great cuttings from. He originally brought all these from Hawaii when they were itty-bitty and put them in the ground at a friends ranch. Locked and guarded.. :-)

Sago Lover..I have only a few in the ground as we are on a very small lot and my husband will not let me start to put them all over the upper decks and roof tops......so, lots are in pots and I am putting lots on wheels. .. not all are of blooming size yet but each year I get more and more that are blooming. I think each year I will start to thin the herd and give some of the common or unnamed/non smelly ones to neighbors. Are you going to the S.D. sale? mahalo, roxanne

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Wow, it must be great though to see so many of them blooming, and to have enough to select from. Are those in the ground getting bigger faster than the potted ones? I guess they are big trees already. So beautiful!

No, we're not going to SD, not only that's so far from us, but we have a full weekend: hubby is going to help our best friends with their moving in a new house and I together with my 2 kids are going to do all the chores we usually do on weekend all 4 of us. Tough weekend. I bet we'll start the new working week on Monday exhausted...

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Thank you Roxanne... Sorry for the late response..

Chuy

Sponsored
VA's Foremost Professional Roofing & Siding Craftsmen