Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stellabella07

what to do?

stellabella07
15 years ago

I purchased a Daisy Wicox cutting that had 4 5 inch growth tips. When I opened the package today all of them but one were broken off! major disappointment cause they all had the crab tips on them.. Can I pot the broken off tips along with the stem or should I just contact the seller and have her send me a new one?

Comments (24)

• lovefrangis
    15 years ago

Since so many were broken off, I'd contact the seller. I had a 5 tip come with one tip off which I'm just going to try to root. With 4/5 broken off, I'd say they didnt pack it well. JMO

• Kimo
    15 years ago

I agree with Lovefrangi.
    I have shipped hundereds of cuttings and plants and have have never had any arrive with broken tips.
    Contact the seller since she didnt pack the cutting well

• stellabella07
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I contacted the seller (bloomingplumerias) and she said that it was the post offices fault and not hers! It was only wrapped in 2 sheets of newspaper.. She said also that when I buy from her again, that she would include another cutting for me to make up for mine. So I just went ahead and planted them and HOPEFULLY they decide to do something.

• karyn1
    15 years ago

That's BS. So in other words you will have to buy another cutting from her and then she'll make it right? I don't think so. If you paid with a credit card or Paypal you can dispute the charge. One broken tip, ok but 3 out of 4. That's the fault of the person that packed it unless the box was crushed. Was the box damaged when you received it?

• stellabella07
    Original Author
    15 years ago

the box really doesn't look crushed at all. It says FRAGILE all over it lol. I thought atleast it would have bubble wrap around the tips to protect them. And I'm not going to buy another cutting from her, knowing my luck the cutting would arrive broken in half! I'm just going to buy seeds and have her include the free cutting and make sure I insist on her bubble wrapping the tips! Oh well, Hopefully I'll have 3 lovely Daisy Wilcox soon! OH! one last question, What do i do with the broken off growth tip points on the main stem? Do i leave them alone and allow them to heal or do I put something on them? Thanks for all the help!

• lovefrangis
    15 years ago

Seems I've read recently that Bloomingplumeria has a good rep on this forum?? This doesnt sound kosher to me! A free "mystery" cutting is not what you paid for! You paid for a 4 tipper and got one because it wasn't packaged correctly. I agree with Karyn & Freak. If you can't get your $ back, I'd take it as a lesson learned and never buy ANYTHING from them again-even for a free cutting! Your thought on buying seeds for the cutting...well the seeds probably are old and non-viable. Ive said before, I'm very leary about who I buy from and have yet to be "screwed" (except from EP). I'd try my luck rooting the broken tips and take it as a lesson learned (but dispute it with PP or CC if you can). JMHO

• stellabella07
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just got an email from her today asking me to take pictures of the box and of the cutting so she can determine if it is the fault of the post office or the packaging fault. If its the packaging fault then she's going to refund my money. Thanks for your guys' opinions! They were alot of help.

• brancher
    15 years ago

I have just recently purchased from this seller. They have been so nice and helpful. I can't believe that they won't do what is right. Particularly since this forum is so widely read.

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Fuzzy & his wife @ BloomingPlumerias are very fair people!!! They will do what is right...

I just want to say also...within the last week I also received a thick HUGE 4 tip rooted Daisy Wilcox cutting from them and the plant arrived in PERFECT shape-not a scratch!!! And...the plant and all the tips were wrapped carefully--as they always are when I receive plants from them! I have received MANY multi-tipped cuttings & plants from them, and have NEVER had a tip break off from one of their plants! Could someone have opened the box to 'inspect it' because I know it is stamped all over & if someone isn't careful, they could have pulled it out and broke the tips??

You know...they have been very good sellers to me and several people I know that have ordered from Fuzzy...I really don't think it was fair for you to bash them on this forum!!! People need to think twice about what they are typing before they hit the 'SEND' button!!! I hope you never have to run your own business! Fuzzy will make a good faith effort to make it right---it is true, he doesn't have control over the P.O.---maybe you should have bought insurance!!! But don't blast him about the packaging, because that is not fair on a VERY public forum. He has had over 1100 auctions on EBay with a PERFECT rating---he is a good guy---he has offered to give you another D. Wilcox cutting---but the shipping on that item is NOT CHEAP!!! It is a HUGE thick cutting!!!

Come guys on the forum...you are all ready to blast a really good seller over this persons complaint--a person that just joined the forum this month?? Could the BUYER have pulled it out a triangular box and the 'buyer' pulled it out the wrong way???? Let's remember the sellers are trying to make a living!!!

Please be fair...at least on this public forum!!! Don't be so judgmental based on this one person's experience.

I am not siding with anyone...but just be fair...Fuzzy & his wife work very hard and are excellent sellers to purchase plumeria from on EBay.

• lil_cali_gal
    15 years ago

Good grief funinthesun.... lighten up a little bit !! Your post went down hill after the first paragraph. Perhaps, maybe you should re-read your post and follow some of your own advise. this reminds me of trying to gather feathers in a wind storm.

Cali

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Cali...

Have you ever been in business for yourself??? I have...and it is not easy.

There has been enough bashing for this year on the GW forum...people need to 'think twice' before posting items...with peoples names!

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Cali...

Have you ever been in business for yourself??? I have...and it is not easy.

There has been enough bashing for this year on the GW forum...people need to 'think twice' before posting items...with peoples names!

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    15 years ago

Well, last Tuesday I received the cutting I ordered(from Maui Plumeria Gardens) and a mystery one. The first one came with some leaves tips, bent over and something white(like mealy bugs)was on one of the leaves- the mystery cutting was smaller, wrinkled-up and no leaves sprouting, plus, when I opened the box and unwrapped the cuttings, all these little 'pieces' came rolling out. Does anyone know the reputation of Maui Gardens? I'd really appreciate it.

Annamaria

• lil_cali_gal
    15 years ago

Yes I understand being self employed, it's not easy I agree with you. Integrity and honor speak volumes. Bloomingplumerias will handle this and everyone will be happy.

Yes I agree people need to "think twice" before posting with or without peoples names. We could all be a lot more civil and less demeaning.

Please feel free to email me privately

Cali

• astrl
    15 years ago

I've received questionable cuttings before from a reputable dealer but I would give them a second chance. I figure sometimes things just happen.

• craftymama132001
    15 years ago

Hi, all, Before everyone goes ape over this, is it possible an employee other than Fuzzy and his wife may have packaged this cutting in question? Sometimes hired help is lacking in the responsibility area. Just a thought. Crafty

• trojanfan53
    15 years ago

Fancy Orchid, Jennifer at Maui Plumeria Gardens the best, I've never had any problems with her service. I also received a shipment from her last week, ordered on a Saturday they were on my porch on falling Wednesday. Did you notice MPG uses there own custom boxes for shipping? They have flaps that unfold so you don't pull out cuttings like with postal service three sided box. Sometimes you do get little pieces that do fall out,I believe these are the stems of leaves that were cut prior to shipping,does not harm cutting at all. The Question you had about size and thickness of cutting, well some varieties just grow lanky and thinner than others, Paul Weissich and Guillots Sunset that I have are that way. Thick and Beefy cuttings you want? try the Moraganes or a San Miguel. The white stuff on the leaves don't know, if you could post picture might help. Hope I was of some help, take care.
    Dave

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    15 years ago

Dave, thank you for being so prompt in replying, I feel much better, I guess being a novice I got nervous ! Yes, Jennifer is the best, she did send me a reply saying that everything was normal and the white stuff was sap. I will try to take some pics of the two cuttings--where would I send them?
    I'm afraid that my old plumeria is a goner, though, I'll take a pic of that too. Again, thanks for your help !!
    Annamaria

• stellabella07
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow funinthesun! I didn't think I was bashing them. I simply asked what I should do and then I did post that they would make it right( when I said they offered a refund). It seems that you are the one bashing me when I simply came here for help. Alot of the people on here are sellers and I wanted their opinion on what I should do. Please take the time to read all of the posts before you judge me too harshly. I am simply a newbie and needed help. Thank you. And as for them making it right, they issued me a refund for the price of the plant. I still am VERY HAPPY with my purchase and look forward to it growing and blooming. I do plan on buying another plant from this seller and will still buy from them!

• brancher
    15 years ago

stellabella07, you have nothing to apolozige for. It was only after two replys to your question that you mentioned any names. As a newcomer, you only asked for advise. (By the way I would have given you the same advise.) Two peopled quickly advised you to contact the seller. Seems reasonable to me. This forum is laden with recommendations, both good and bad, of sellers. I have reread the rules and agreement for using this site and it says nothing about avoiding good or bad recomendations of people that are selling products.

Funinthesun will have a hard time conviencing me that they are not taking sides. They clearly did not carefully read all the comments. Then to take shots at you because you had just joined is inexcuseable. How else are you going to get answers, which is one of the real advantages of using this forum. Before funinthesun jumps my case, I also just joined. However, I have been reading the forum for years.

Sounds like some would excuse poor customer service just because you are in business for yourself. As a buyer I would expect the same treatment from all sellers.

• lellie
    15 years ago

Ah..........'tis Friday, folks.
    Perhaps a cocktail would help...LOL

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Sounds good to me!!!

• jeelli
    15 years ago

Oh please- I don't want to hear it. I found a thread on the fragrant plant forum bashing my beloved Logee's- people SWEARING their plants from Logee's were infested with spider mites and slamming the vitality of the plants in general. Seems these people couldn't keep their plants alive. One person even posted this on Garden Watchdog! Made me sick!
    You know what? People have their opinions, and whether you agree or not, even if it pains you as the thread I'm referring to broke my heart- they're entitled to post.

• joeycarson5577_aol_com
    12 years ago

I have dealt with almost every Plumeria seller on the web, on Ebay and in person. I would never purchase anything from bloomingplumerias again. I ordered several from them last spring and they were my least favorite sellers. If you ask them questions, they give short, rude answers. Their shipping is high and several of my rooted cuttings arrived with no roots and damaged tips. I also ordered from onestopaloha on Ebay. I ordered a lot of plants this past spring and had a couple of issues with theirs and they dealt with it promptly and were extremely professional and nice. That is the only seller on Ebay I will now deal with.

I also like Jungle Jacks. His plants are incredibly healthy, he ships in the pot so there is no set back. Beautiful Plumerias. Shipping is a little high but if you have them shipped bare root the shipping is more reasonable.
    Florida Colors has very nice cuttings and shipping is very reasonable. I also ordered 2 rooted cuttings but they ended up being grafted plants so I wasn't pleased with that. They now graft all rooted cuttings so I just buy cuttings from them and root them myself.
    Mauiplumeria no complaints except they are pricey when you get 2-3 tip cuttings. They always arrive packed well and are very healthy.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop in Franklin County