Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumeria in Georgia

Posted by FSUDaisy (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 20:11

A co-worker of mine brought me back a cutting from Hawaii, but sadly it did not root. Is Plumeria something that would be sold here in Georgia at nurseries or would I need to order one? Im hoping I can find it around here and it wont be as expensive as ordering.

Is there anyone else in the south that finds them in the store?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumeria in Georgia

FSU,
I live in SOuth Caroina, by Augusta.
I bought mine at a local privately owned nursery. Go to a privately owned nursery near you and ask about them, they might have them.

o

• Posted by ashef coastal NC z8 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 8, 14 at 21:11

I'm in North Carolina and haven't found any nursery that carries plumies so I order them online. I've had good luck buying on ebay from drock808-2008 (very big, inexpensive cuttings) and 1-stop-aloha, and from Florida Colors Nursery & Plumeria Hut Nursery in Florida, among other places. Look around this forum for other recommended sellers but be very careful who you buy from on ebay.

If you're buying a cutting, I recommend Celadine -- it's very easy to root, fast growing & a great bloomer. You might also consider buying a few already rooted plumeria to have some blooms this summer. And you might get lucky and have someone on this forum offer you a starter cutting; unfortunately I don't have anything to share at the moment. Good luck!

Allie

o

Based on my time there...Its a bigger state by east coast standards...any chance you could elaborate on what part of the state?

o

Thanks for the info everyone.

kms, I am in the Atlanta suburbs.

o

From Virginia Beach... No sales around my area!!!

I have to go online or buy from Florida, CA or HI and TX too!!! ;-)

They just don't sell in the Mid Atlantic Coastal areas ...

It stinks...

But , I suppose I should be happy because I have enough. " yes, I said it" ;-)

Laura

o

I remember occasionally seeing them in far Southeast GA but not up in the Atlanta area.

o

I was in Lawrenceville a couple of years ago and found some at a nursery called Randy's. It had a lot of water garden supplies including fish. The salesman I talked to was very knowledgeable about plumerias but I don't remember his name. Don't know how close that is for you or if they would have what you want. Peg

o

Thank you for the info pcput. I may try calling them to see if they still carry plumerias.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here