Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jwhite2947

Any place to buy plumeria in Houston now?

jwhite2947
11 years ago

I am making a very unexpected trip to Houston tomorrow (Friday 4/26). Is there any place (nursery or individual) I can visit to buy plumeria?

Thanks.

Joan

Comments (11)

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Well, for my money, I can't think of a better place to go than to Seabrook to see Emerson and Nan Willis, aka Nan and The Plumeria Man. I know it's out of the way, but they do have the most wonderful plumeria! Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Emerson's Plumerias

• jwhite2947
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the information. I tried to reach Emmerson but was unable to and didn't see the second post until too late. We were only in Houston for a few hours today. I might get to come back in June for the sale. I hope so.

Joan

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Joan, Barbara was Emmerson's mentor, per his wife Nancy. She told me this at the PSA sale in Fort Bend. I bought 2 plants from her at the sale, sent one to Andrew. My plant had such a great root system, she rooted it a few months prior. I don't know about Andrews plant, but I know he was very pleased when he got it. I live in San Antonio, and Andrew lives in New York. If you want her email address, send me an email and I will give it to you. Barbra

• beachplant
    10 years ago

call me next time you come down this way.
    I think Emerson was still in Florida in April, I think he usually comes home the end of April, first of May. He lives 2 blocks from my brother.
    Larry, who has a lot of thai hybrids and Mardi Gras is a couple of miles from Emerson.
    Paula is up in League City, Becky in LaMarque...most of the growers at the sale in June live in our area.
    Tally HO!

• jwhite2947
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks. Hopefully I will know earlier so I can make contact before we head toward Houston next time. My sister who lives in Lufkin is ill. Last week we took my mom down to visit her. While they were visiting we took a quick trip to Houston. I appreciate the information in case we make another trip in the near future.

Joan

• broadscott
    9 years ago

Hi - my first post. Is Emerson still selling plumerias? We are taking a trip to Galveston this weekend and I was hoping to stop by. His website seems to be down.

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    9 years ago

Last time I was at his place in June he still had a yard full but he said he was not rooting anymore and will sell off what he has got.

• broadscott
    9 years ago

What a shame. It seems like he was the go to man! How do you get in contact with him to organize a visit?

• Charlie P
    9 years ago

FYI All of the Houston Garden Center locations (Red & Yellow) have got a lot of potted plumerias. Some have 2 or 3 plants in them, and others have nice tall plants. Usually right now, they're $24.99...I picked up a few this week. Good luck

• jedobaTX9b
    9 years ago

Tom's Thumb in Galveston has several named varieties.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor