Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daogirl

JJ Lemon Ice

So, after holding on to an email from me (from last summer!) asking him to ID a "premium yellow-white" plumeria, John responded a few days ago saying that my plumeria was one of their new named types for this year ... Lemon Ice! John said it's basically a dwarf, and a heavy bloomer. I'm stoked.

I bought this plumie (even though it wasn't a named one) because I thought it had a really desirable growth habit: branches are 10-11" long, then split into 4-5 new branches with the inflo. Flowers are mostly yellow with slight veining when first open, then fade to white with a yellow center. Unopened buds have a slight reddish tint. Scent is mild - smells like suntan lotion to me.

Pictures are from last summer:

Comments (3)

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    9 years ago

That is a very nice one! He sure is a busy man but I wish he would give the actual name. I still can't figure out why he does the "premium whatever". Although I got my scentsational the same way. It was called premium white.

Mike

• animalcraker
    9 years ago

What was the original code or ID for the plant? I bought one last year that looks like yours.

-Jen

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Jen,

The plant had no code on it whatsoever, unfortunately. Yours might very well be the same thing, though!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm