Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blazeaglory

Fresh cutting in pot

blazeaglory
12 years ago

Hello. Ny name is D and today my Boston Terrier knocked a branch off of one of my Plumeria. So I stuck it in a pot that was used for Dahlias that have not come up yet and I think are not growing anymore. Anyways, I know Im supposed let the cutting get callous but it is already leafing out and has a few nice sized little leaves. Should I leave it in the pot and hope for the best or take it out in the morning and let it callous over?

The parent tree, or trees, were taken from a friends giant plumeria. They were both about 3 feet high with 3 different 2 feet branches on them. Last year we cut them and planted them the same day without rooting them first. One tree rooted fine and is now putting out leaves like crazy but the other one got rotten at the bottom and i dug it up and chopped the black soggy part off and stuck it back in the ground but it had no "main" trunk just 3 2 foot branches coming out of the ground like a "V" TRIANGLE. Anyways, a year later and I knock one off and let it root and callous and plant it. Then my Boston knocks one off today so i break the other one off and stick both of them in different pots. My friends mother does this alot and I tell her she should root them first and she insults me in her non insulting insulting manner. Should I pull them out and let them callous? Or roll the dice and leave them? They were bleeding pretty bad.

Sponsored