Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumeria Nakama's Rainbow.

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 23:20

Hi everyone.
I have seen this plumeria quite a bit on Face Book. I really love the color and shape of this plumeria, but trying to find a nursery that has it is not easy.

I am kicking myself as I probably could have had someone buy me one at the plumeria sale in CA today.

I also wanted to add that this must be my year for plumerias that are blooming for the first time. I counted over 16 trees that have either started blooming or are growing there inflos for the first time. I did have an inflo on Katie Morage but sadly it aborted.

For trees that are blooming, my Psycho is still pumping them out, along with 2 Celadines, a third Celadine has a 2 inflos, Thai Super Round, Mini White is growing more flower buds, andTaj Mahol is still pumping them out more buds. I actually had one flower bud that opened and the flower was fully opened, which was really exciting as I have never had one before! Also, my Dwarf Singapore Pink(Laura Jones, you still MUST get one of these!) has at least 8 or 9 new inflos! I have never seen a plumeria that produced so many new tips before. One inflo dropped and the tree produced 7 brand new tips for me!!!

I am super excited about this year for all my trees. This year promises to bring me some awesome firsts!

Andrew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumeria Nakama's Rainbow.

Hi Andrew!

I was just popping in to see if anyone posted about going to the sale today. Some of us can only live vicariously through others! LOL

So glad to hear that all your trees are doing so well. It must make the recuperating process slightly less exasperating? Sorry about your Katie inflo. I don't think my Katie is going to make it. I have been trying to root it since last summer. Just when I think she's doing something... well, she doesn't! So far I have resisted the urge to take a peek. I'm giving her a very short time then I'm pulling her out and peeking at her bottom. :)

It won't be long before I'll have blooms on Aztec Gold. It's one that I have overwintered in the greenhouse at work. Sheesh, it seems like it takes forever... kinda like a "watched pot" that never boils. LOL

I won a mini white tonight from Matt. It was simply named, Mini White so I don't know if it's JJ mini white as it was not named such but it is suppose to have the gardenia scent. Actually I assumed it would be King Kaläkaua from Hawaii. I really didn't mean to buy it though. You know how that can just happen! :)

Are you feeling well? I hope so. Take care and have a good night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here