Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

Does anyone know where they sell plumeria in Seguin Tx?

honeybunny2 Fox
11 years ago

I found on craigslist that someone is selling plumeira in the Seguin Tx. I cannot seem to contact them with the email address. Does anyone in the Seguin area know who this is and how I could contact them? I called all the nurserys in Seguin, but its not their add. It has to be someone selling from their home. I am going to a wedding in Seguin on Saturady, and would love to stop buy, and check them out. Barbra

Comments (22)

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Barbra
    There is a Nursery on the way that I have seen Plumerias. Its called Water Garden Gems and is right on the east bank Of Cibolo Creek. Exit the 10 freeway just before the bridge and cross over then turn on the frontage road.

I think they are hit or miss on things and mostly geared towards plants, fish, and equipment for garden ponds.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

K, on craigslist in Corpus they have an add stating we have an enormous collection of plumeria for sale. Plants collected from Tea's Nursery, Jim Little, Jungle Jack, Milton's and Florida Colors. They even have large plants for pick up only. I guess that means they would mail out the smaller ones. Wish I could have contacted them, but I guess I will just have to be patient, and wait for the July sale In Corpus. Barbra

• hita
    11 years ago

You don't have to wait for the July sale in Corpus there is going to be a sale June 9th in Houston, check PSA website for the time and site address.

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

I'll be in Round Rock 6/7-8 for the state Baseball playoffs. Is there a good source in the RR area?

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I know about the PSA sale in Clear Lake, my husband even offered to drive me down, since I still am having trouble. I decided just to wait and get the plants in Corpus, which is only 35 miles, vs Clear Lake that is over 200 miles.

Printmaster,I checked and Round Rock is in Travis County, I think that is very close to Jen, so you might want to check with her.

I can tell you there is no place here in San Antonio, Good luck in the playoffs. Barbra

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Barbra,
    I'll tentatively plan to come in for the Corpus Christi sale. The girls love going to the beach. Email me any info you have. I would like to meet some of those contacts you have in that group. Hope you feel better soon.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Printmaster, there are no good places that I know of in the RR/Austin area with plumies, or at least not named ones.

Jen

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

K, I think the date of their sale is July 26th. It is not posted on there website yet. Allene just had the flyer, with the information. I am almost sure that the date was July 26th. I will check when I am down next week, and post the information, so you can make plans. I will try and get a Bill Moragne for Andrew, I found a grafted one, but its too much. If your heart is set on something, and you cannot make it down. Let me know and I will try and get it for you. I think they are just selling 1 gallon plants. I am going to look for California Sally, Susan Saint Amoure, Lurine, and Pretty Princess. I have already ordered and just need to pick up Metallica, Pink Ruffels, Imperial Crown, and a Tai Orange.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

K, I could not stay at the coast and just got back. The Plumeria sale in Corpus will be on Saturday 7-21st. Barbra

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

Thanks, Jen.
    I hope to make the July sale.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jen, if you want to come down on Friday, you and your son can stay with me in Rockport, then just drive 35 miles to Corpus for the Plumeria sale, about 30 minutes. It beats driving 3 hours from San Antonio. If you want to stay an extra day, and go to the beach that is ok with me too. I plan to be down there, and would love the company. Rockport has one of the best beaches for small children in the United States. Corpus sells perlite $7 less a 4 cu bag than what you find in San Antonio. I know you will need some for the new plants, from the Corpus Plumeria Sale. I will watch the little guy so you can play supermarket sweep, and grab those deals. Barbra

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Barbra, that is such a kind offer! Very tempting, but I need to go visit my mom and have a ton yard work to do this weekend. Maybe later this summer. I definitely can't be tempted by another plumeria sale, either, lol.

What are you going to look for there?

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jen, I am just going to see what a plumeria society sale is like, I have never been to one. If I saw a Pretty Princess, or Lurine, I might buy it. I am planning on ordering both from Brad in the spring, so it really doesn't matter. I am going to really just look at the beautiful Thailand Plumeria. I think the sale opens 1 hour earlier for the members, so those plants will be gone when the doors open to the public. I plan to just look at the plants this year, and get the experience. Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I called Jungle Jacks and asked if he sends any of his plants close to San Antonio. He said he only has one place, and it is Water Gardens Gems in Marion, Tx. This is NE of San Antonio. I called Water Garden Gems and they have his plants. They are $49.99, single, and multi stem plants, 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 ft tall. They have Honey Pot, Southern Cross, Thumbelina, Divine, Mini White, Whirlwind, Angels Touch, Pinwheel, and Premium Pink/white, Premium Yellow, Premium white, and premium pink. Just thought I would share this information. I just bought a grafted single tip plant from Florida Colors, 12 inches tall, for $45 with the freight. Jen, this would be really close to you, since its on the NE side of town. It is 33 miles from my house, I live on the NW side of San Antonio. Barbra

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

That's the place. Its just east of the county line at the IH 10 Cibolo Creek bridge . Last time I was there they did not carry JJ plants.

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Thanks for the info, Barbra! It's over 70 miles for me from Austin, not terrible. Closer than Houston. If I were smart like you, I would've called JJ's and found this out for myself, lol. Not that I need any more plants...

• elucas101
    11 years ago

I had to go to San Antonio today and I figured on my way home I would stop here and just check if there were any JJ plumies left there. Honestly I didn't even have the heart (sense) to call and even though it was about a half hour each way out of my way I had to go check it out.

Well boy am I glad I did!!! There were 5 JJ's plumies that I saw - 4 Premium White and...1 Divine!!! It was just sooooo meant to be! So for $49.99 plus tax, I got a 6 tip 3 or 4 inflo plant, 3ft from the soil line.

{{gwi:1164301}}

Some of the flowers:

{{gwi:1164302}}

{{gwi:1164303}}

It was also a perfectly snug fit in my tiny Sentra - sitting on the floor of the car it was brushing the roof inside. Only 2 little bits on an inflo were broken, not bad at all.

I don't know if they had any plumies anyplace else, honeslty I didn't walk through the whole place even though it was really lovely. I walked up the path, just happened to notice a cluster of plumies sitting there, looked for just a few minutes and of course I knew I was getting the Divine. I paid and all said and done I was in and out of there in 10 minutes.

kms2 you're right on, they sell mostly water garden stuff but it's very beautiful to walk through and if you're looking for a plumie you could always call them! Thanks for the info everyone, thanks to you I got a phenominal plant!!!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Gosh I just called 17 days ago she had over 10 diffrent variety of JJ plumeria plants. I guess this forum has a lot of readers, who lived close to them. Elucas that is a beaautiful plant. I am so happy for you. You are lucky to have found it. I have read so many good things about Divine. I love the color, and I think it only gets 5 ft tall. Barbra

• elucas101
    11 years ago

Okay, I couldn't resist - I called and she said they have about 25 more plumeria there in stock!!! Oh geez...well there you have it!!!

• elucas101
    11 years ago

I forgot to add, she did say they will not get another shipment and that they usually come in around Mother's Day if they are getting any.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

elucas, if you want more, let me know. I can go get them for you, and hold until someone from your area visits san antonio, or corpus christi. barbra ( computer acting up)

• elucas101
    11 years ago

Barbara, thank you so much for your sweet and generous offer :) That's so kind of you. I'll see on payday if I can swing something, if I'm feeling completely crazy I may just drive out there! It would be about 2 hours round trip for me, not all that terribly bad in the grand scheme of things for a JJ's I suppose!

I'm thinking the 3 that interest me the most out of what you said they had would be Thumbalina, Whirlwind or possibly Honeypot. I think Jen was also possibly interested in Honeypot.