Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elucas101

Got Inflos?

elucas101
9 years ago

I've been closely examining my plumies and I'm getting really excited because I'm beginning to see a few inflos developing!!! At first it was just a couple...now I'm seeing more! OMG! Doing the happy dance!

So far:
Divine (and several of them, of course! Divine is a MACHINE!)
Desert Sunrise
Gina
Jeannie Moragne Jr.
Suwannapoom Sunshine
Probably-not-Butterfly-Gold (mystery?)
Penang Peach
CS3

What inflos are you seeing on your plumies?!

Comments (64)

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    9 years ago

Wowwwww.....I'm sooooo HAPPY for You....Jandey, Xerophyte, Laura, barb, disneyhorse, daogirl........what a magnificent group of plants you have !!!! I need to add some Divine, Mardi Gras, Katie Moragne.....to my Samoan Fluff, Celadine, Lei Rainbow....Mine had suffered a major setback while I was in the hospital for 3 months, I hope that now I still have time to work a major BOOSTING for my Babies!!!! Anyone has some suggestions for Me ? Xerophyte, would you name the Ones from the pics you posted? They all look Spectacular.

• disneyhorse
    9 years ago

As exciting as inflos are, I'm equally excited that my seedlings are leafing out. I read that seedlings shouldn't go dormant their first winter, but I didn't have anywhere to put 30 one-gallon pots. They all turned into tiny bare nubs. Just four inches tall on average. But I see leaves on all of them, so didn't lose anyone over the winter. I know I've got years to see what they are... But I've got a good variety of parent plants so I can wait. They are so cute, I hope they grow a lot this year!

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

I have been growing seedlings for about 10 years and they always lose all of their leaves each year. I have about 150 but did not label them but now when they bloom for the first time I put a label on them with the color and size of the flowers. They are so cute and I am sure that yours will do fine. Thanks for sharing, Barb

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    9 years ago

I ran out of daylight while still looking over the bigger plants and cleaning things up. Off the top of my head the bigs which are confirmed...
    Penang Peach
    Jeannie Jr
    Rose Red
    Sariah's Curly Pink
    Aztec Gold
    JL Candy Stripe
    Celadine

I'll check the rest today.

E,
    So glad there is a genetic duplicate of my Jeannie Jr in your hands. The mother plant is in the ground now.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

This is very exciting... Yea!!!

K.. Get your beautiful girls out looking!! They know what they are looking for!!! It's like an Easter egg hunt!! ;-)

Johnsonm08 great news!!

Congratulations everyone!!!!

Laura

• nativec
    9 years ago

Hi Emily!

So excited for everyone! My plants are still deciding if they want to even pop out leaves! But with that being said(and without jinxing myself) I think I have inflos on...

Golden Sun-2
    J-105
    JJ Purple Haze
    JJ Fuji Mist
    Dazzler
    Tai Surprise

Can I count the ones I cheated on an bought with inflos? Lol I won't count those :)

How are your awesome seedlings doing? I loved every bloom you had, even the one you claimed was ugly...LOL

Take care,

Nicole

• rox146
    9 years ago

many of mine that are coming on this year are having doubles...? roxanne

• xerophyte NYC
    9 years ago

@fancyorchid

In order of appearance:
    Rhonda
    California Sunset
    ? might be Divine just at a different sun angle
    Divine
    Lani
    Kauka Wilder

9 years ago

Emily.. You have some beauties listed!! I can't wait!!

Jen... It's going to be a good summer, indeed!!! ;-)

x.. Awesome!

Roxane .. You said double the fun... I remember it as " Double The Pleasure". Lol. It's all. good stuff..

Congratulations of some fine doubles.. You are lucky!!! ;-)

Take care,

Laura

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Disney, you got MS to root! Sooo looking forward to those pics! Once established they seem to grow pretty vigorously and mine had roots growing well out of their pots this winter.

Annamaria, great to see you here again--hope you're feeling well! If you had to be out of watering/feeding range for your babies, winter was the best time for it. Hope they bounce back and give you some inflos this summer!

K, I have also have a genetic duplicate of your Jeannie. Did you plant the really large rooftop one or a copy?

Rox, those buds are very cool with the two contrasting colors.

• elucas101
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi everyone! I love hearing about all of your inflos!!!

My latest discovery - TEMPTATION! Really looking forward to this one a lot, it will be the first time it blooms for me! And the winner for my first bloom of the season - GINA! First flower opened yesterday!!!

Laura, I was thinking the same thing as you - how exciting to have inflos early in the season!!! For all of them just sitting there for a while trying to wake up (and still kind of are!) I was starting to wonder if anything was going to happen...and then BAM! We all started seeing some! haha!

Loretta is pushing another inflo now so she will bloom on 2 tips, as will Penang Peach (super excited since I lost an inflo last year, I've never seen it bloom) and Gina is pushing a second!

xerophyte - WOW!! Love your pictures! Those are gorgeous!!! Hope to see a lot more of those from you!

Jen - I totally agree, JJ's plants are really something else. Right no on my Divine I have 16 branches and I have 9 inflos so far!!! I'm really looking forward to all of your blooms! That Lemon Drop is an animal! keep pouting, it seems to be working!

This post was edited by elucas101 on Tue, May 13, 14 at 11:28

• elucas101
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Disney - WOW! I can't believe you not only rooted a Makaha but you have an inflo?! We are ALL anxiously awaiting that, great job over there!!!

FancyO - I still can't believe what you have been through - I'm glad you are able to be back with your plants, you made it home just in time for the season! I hope you see lots and lots of blooms!

Disney - that seedling looks mighty happy! Keep up the good work. It IS difficult to find space for them all over the winter. I keep mine in the first year but second year they have to go in the garage for the winter!

Barb, you have 150 seedlings?! WOW!!! I guess I better bite my tongue, I don't really know that I'm all that far behind you hahaha!

K - thanks, I'm looking forward to this one because I do think it is one of the most spectacular plumeria out there by far! It's pushing 2 inflos, one on each branch & looking at one closely because it almost looks like a false inflo, I hope it's a true one!

Nicole - you have some really unusual and amazing sounding plants, I'm really looking forward to your blooms!!! And I would absolutely count the ones you bought with inflos - EVERY inflo counts! hahaha!

My plants are still trying to push out leaves too, it's weird! Thank you so much about the seedlings! I have been closely inspecting them and really hope to see something from at least one of them this season, we shall see! The ones I planted last year aren't nearly as developed as those 2 yr olds that were blooming last year, I don't expect anything from those this year, the 2 yr olds are my only hope!! But I have several seedlings I started this season that I will try to be very good about spraying for bugs & ferts - I think my lax routine last year may have put that batch behind? I'm also not going to start any later in the year and see if that helps.

• elucas101
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Johnson - CONGRATS on your first ever inflo and flower!!! That means you are doing something right! keep it up and we expect more pics!

Rox - I don't know why some of them do that but the more the better, right?! Hahaha!

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

My newest discovery -- out of left field -- California Sunset!

Seriously, this was another plant recovering from cold damage, and I was sure the undamaged tips were not long enough to bloom again. Guess I was wrong!!

Roxanne - My DSP used to have inflos like that! I always thought it was so cool.

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    9 years ago

J - That's right. Jeannie JR is also in your capable hands. The only three cuttings taken from that Plant were given to You, E, and Barbra so I just have the momma plant. It did not care for the amout of heat and sunlight it got on the roof or perhaps it was the wind. Whatever the reason it wasn't as attractive as previous years. Now she is firmly planted in the ground with full sun until about 2pm and then late afternoon sun. I counted about 15-20 inflos. So Jeannie Jr is going to put on a show in about a month.

We went on a search for inflos and found:
    Wiamea
    Kona Candy (from Jandy)
    Raspberry Sundae
    Orange Spendor (from Barbra)
    Gulfstream
    Hawaii White (Island Walmart White)
    Bud Sally (from Bud's tree by way of Emerson)
    Elizabeth thornton
    Pink Pansy
    Edi M. (from the poolside tree on Kauai).
    Loretta
    Fruit Salad
    Dwarf Orange
    Dwarf Deciduous White
    Dwarf Singapore Pink
    Samoan Fluff (which survived the winter in ground with one frosted tip and one broken branch.
    Giveaway Pink(s)

It looks like one Give Away Pink, Lei Flower and Dean Conklin got some frosted tips so it will probably be slow for them to push.

• jandey1
    9 years ago

OMG, what a list, K! You know we're all dying to see those pics, especially the first four and Jeannie tree!

Jeannie will probably love having her feet in the earth this summer. I think TLD will get the same treatment here.

When I get our shipment can I bring it by so I can get a sniff of a full blown Jeannie inflo? :)

It's gonna be a great season, everyone!

• elucas101
    Original Author
    9 years ago

*CUE DRAMATIC MUSIC*

And here she is, my long awaited first bloom of the season...

GINA.

• nativec
    9 years ago

Way to go Emily!

Gina is always so gorgeous:)

9 years ago

' I can hear the band playing....' ðÂÂÂ

Fabulous ! What a beauty she is! I know you must be " over the moon" with this baby! The coloration is fantastic and to think this is the first? Wow! Sure is a beauty and it's going to be a wonderful summer!

ðºðºðºðºðºðºðº

Way to go Emily!!!

I'm so excited for you!!!

Laura

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

I love Gina! What an excellent first bloom of the season!

• georgecc
    9 years ago

Emily, hope all is well!

Here's what I have with inflos so far:

Kauka Wilder (my first bloom of this year, which was an extra surprise because I didn't know if was a Kauka Wilder!), Bill Moragne (may have 4 inflos, and given how big Bill's inflos are, it should be a sight!), Jeannie Moragne (this one is in its third year and hasn't changed at all - 5', three tips, and new inflos always appear on the same two tips with no new branches), Katie Moragne, Scott Pratt, Desert Sunrise (on 3 of 5 tips), Kaneohe Sunburst, Hurricane (first inflo), Aztec Gold, Stenopetala, Samirie (unfortunately, the inflo is not on my plant - I'm holding it for someone!), Rainbow 36, J-105, EmmersonâÂÂs Pink Nova, Princess Victoria (first inflo, hope it has a big color break), JL Hawaiian, Moragne 93 (I think it's an inflo!), Lava Flow, Firestorm (on almost every tip), Cerise, Gold Coast Peachy, Lei Rainbow, Celadine, California Sunset, Divine, Hong Kong, Psycho (first inflo), Singapore (first inflo), Samoan Fluff,Thumbelina (first inflo), and Theodora Crimson (unfortunately, not on my plant yet, I'm holding this one for someone, too). And even though I got them this week, I'll take credit for the inflos (after all, I have to make sure they don't fall off on the way home - trust me, it's happened!) - CS3, Cherokee Geisha and XQuisite.

And then the not quite what I bought them as plumies, but they're still family - Maui Beauty's Cousin Joe, Celadine's aunt Jolene, and Mardi Gras' sister's husband's barber's pedicurist's stepson Elmore (this one was more far removed from a real Mardi Gras than what I care to admit), oh, and Jeannie Moragne's cousin Joe Bob Moragne.

All in all, I'm really looking forward to this year.

• rox146
    9 years ago

you are too funny with all those names......roxanne

• nativec
    9 years ago

LOL hilarious names!

• georgecc
    9 years ago

Oh, and Buttered Popcorn. I just got hungry and remembered that one!

I guess it's good I can laugh at all the ones that turned out to be something else NOW. I wasn't as amused when it turned out the huge 11' tall Mardi Gras I managed to get to my house was something else! (My second Mardi Gras, turned out to be real, but the wind knocked if off a steep hill just as the gardener was going to plant it). And then my third "Mardi Gras" was 5' tall and very wide, and also turned out to be something else.

I have been advised to stay away from Mardi Gras, it's just not meant to be!

Well, at least most of the fakes turned out to be good bloomers. I'm glad I could give them good names. Something positive came out of it!

• toomanydogs
    9 years ago

The next surprise could be called "George's Folly", SimiDude.

• georgecc
    9 years ago

Actually, Allison, my "Sundance" is finally going to bloom this year. I got it with a bunch of other plumes from the lady who was wrong about EVERY plant she sold me, except for one Celadine she identified correctly (she only sold during the dormant season, LOL). This was back when I was young and innocent, plumeria-wise. So there is about a 99.2% chance that it will be something else.

I'm thinking about having a contest here before it opens where people can place bets on what it might turn out to be! Now, if it turns out to actually be a Sundance, I may need CPR! Now, Allison, you have a couple of plants from her. The Celadine cutting should be okay, but the Lei Rainbow may give us both a surprise this year! If it turns out to be something else, I'll help you name it!

9 years ago

Ok, so let me get this straight....

That means that some of my baby mammas relatives of Mardi Gras sisters husbands barber's pedicurist's stepson, Elmore? Who could be related to cousin Joe and Aunt Jolene? Didn't Zac Brown write a song about " Jolene?" He must have had a cutting from the back woods... ;-)

Good to know the parentage of the mommas... Wonder about the baby daddies? Lol...

Had to laugh at these and wonder about some of my mystery cuttings from you... I'll go tag.. " possible Jolene". Lol!!!

Speaking of inflos.

Just wanted to share this special Duvachelle inflo!! Makes my day to see the beauty that is emerging.. Looks red.. Not yellow... ;-). It is a true Duvachelle that has no cousins from the foothills....!!!

Have a great day,

Laura

• georgecc
    9 years ago

Hmm... Looks like a Celadine to me. Or a hibiscus. Possibly an Audrey II. Sure it's a Duvachelle? ;)

9 years ago

Why yes.. She did just have her hair done.. She went from yellow to red...

These Duvachelle plumeria are very particular... Lol!!!

Ha!!!! It does look like a celandine? Sure.. Lol!!!

To funny!!!

Laura

• georgecc
    9 years ago

Hmm, well, it does have a resemblance to Joe Bob Moragne... LOL

• veronika33
    9 years ago

Hi everyone,
    ItâÂÂs so exciting reading all the posts here and I'm looking forward seeing your pics :)

One of my plants is going to bloom as well. ItâÂÂs my 1st bloom ever and itâÂÂs going to be GINA. :-)) You can imagine how I feel...
    Just hope INTENSE RAINBOW and my other 2 plants are going to follow Gina's example; especially these two as they are mystery to me. The owner was able to tell me that one of them is pink and the other one is yellow :D. Found a note on one of them âÂÂImperialâÂÂ, so maybe the yellow one is IMPERIAL CROWN (???).
    Here is my Gina prepared to bloom:

• elucas101
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks so much for the kind words on my Gina bloom!!! Yes, she is fabulous and one of my very favorites!!! This inflo is just getting started & I have a second branch pushing one now too!

Simi - HAHA! LOVE the names of the distant plumie relatives - I think I have some "extended family" as well LOL!!!! Time will tell. YOU are going to be busy - TAKING PICTURES FOR US ALL!!! OMG, you have SOOOO many inflos!

Looking forward to that Duvachelle! I don't think I've seen any pics except sellers pics of that one!

My newest inflo discovery: Gloria Schmidt!

veronika, looking forward to your blooms, great job!!! Should be any day now!!

• veronika33
    9 years ago

elucas... I have to say that your pics of Gina posted in 2013 made me to buy this Plumeria. :) I wanted to order a new cutting or plant and couldn't decide.... had a few in my shortlist but had to choose only one. And when I saw your pics a few months ago, I felt in love immediately... you know how it ended :)

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Hi Everyone!
    I am so excited to read about all of your blooms on the way! Every morning, I go out at the crack of dawn and inspect every tip on every plumeria I have. I read about Foliage Pro on this forum, and used it for the first time last summer. I am observing many plants for the first time with multiple inflos and never have they made such an early appearance before. Thanks to all who recommended Foliage Pro. JJ Zona Rosa and ETLD were the first this year. Looking forward to a wonderful season!

9 years ago

What a beautiful bloom, . Gidgetsocal!!!

Glad you like the Foliage Pro!!! ;-)

Congratulations!!!

I was just doing a walk thru yesterday looking closely at the Duvy... Lol!! I. Expecting her to open in a few days.. Whooooo hooooo! I'm really excited about this one... ;-)

Ok.. Makaha Sunn is doing great!!! Coming along nicely.... Thank the Plumeria Gods...

Maya dropped the inflo, ( bummer). But has three new branches.. I was wishing for that one... Argh...

Another bummer... Blaze aborted the inflo.. Three branches now... ;-(

Desert Sunrise has one pushing. So does Elizabeth Thornton Lemon Drop!

Bali whirl...

Penang Peach has two healthy inflos..

Hilo Beauty. Has one too!!!

Metallica , upon close inspection, may be as well..

Kapalua is pushing out new ones.. All of the ones that were inside dropped once I placed the tree outside.. I was really bummed... But I do see more!!!

That's all for now...

Hope to hear more news from everyone !!!

Great summer... !

Laura

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Thank you, Laura! I am sorry to hear about your dropped inflos, especially Maya. Even though you are blessed with new branches, it still hurts. I have waited many years for my Goldmine to bloom. It has nubbed once, and dropped its inflo twice. Two tips blackened by the cold, but it is hanging on. I see a new inflo appearing, but it looks a little odd. Fingers crossed...really would like to see what it looks like someday. Congrats on your Metallica!

• rox146
    9 years ago

Gidget...my Goldmine I ordered from Cstar and bloomed that next year and grew like a weed. No inflos this year, just lots of new branches for next year. Hope yours blooms for you, it is a nice one. roxanne

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    9 years ago

Am waiting for my JJ Premium White to bloom. Hoping for Scentsational, but looks like it could be Ken White as well. (The white buds below, also in pic is Penang Peach).

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    9 years ago

so far I have these new inflos for this year
    Divine
    Angels Touch
    Hearts desire
    My white NOID
    and drumroll........Scentsational. Last time it flowered was when I bought it July 2011. so yeah 3 years.

here is divine. re-blooming on last years inflos and has another new one for this year.

Mike

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    9 years ago

Wow Mike. Its just amazing how many tips your Divine has.

My PW opened. Smell, is different from what I have encountered in the plumeria world so far whixh is usually citrus, peachy or fruity. This one has a floral scent, something like lily but not quite. And it aint knocking ny socks off yet, so it seems like it might be Ken White.

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Laura, bummer about the Blaze inflo :( But at least you have the extra tips now! Mine is growing very very slowly now and no sign of inflos yet.

And I think I can (almost) safely (fingers crossed!) say that I've joined the Makaha Sunn inflo group. Woohoo! Thank the plumeria gods, lol.

Musaboru, whatever that white is it's very pretty. And of course Penang is fabulous!

Mike, gorgeous Divine plant! Nice to hear Scentsational will finally bloom, too. I have so many from 2011 that still haven't bloomed or re-bloomed I'm a little exasperated.

• veronika33
    9 years ago

Oh, I love all your pics and Plumies you have :)... sooo beautiful.

and here is my Gina; 1st photo was taken end of May and the 2nd a week later ;)

• elucas101
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am just LOVING all of this inflo action from everyone!!! GORGEOUS blooms!!!

Recent developments: I've found 2 inflos on my Kaneohe Sunburst, one on what I *hope* is Sunny Delight, and drumroll please...on a Penang Peach seedling that bloomed last year!!! WOO HOO!!!

This is such a good inlo year!! I hope it keeps up, I'm getting spoiled with all these inflos from you all and from what I'm getting!

• pcput
    9 years ago

"OMG" the lists go on and on and on. Can't wait to see all these blooms! Wish I could even join in but my 2 seem insignificant. Not even worth the mention.
    TOO funny Simi and Laura!!!!
    Peg

• elucas101
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beautiful pis everyone!! Keep them coming! Veronika and Musaboru - :O BEAUTIFUL!!!

I hate dropped inflos :((( I also hate when my buds fall off and never bloom :((( especially if I have to spray pesticide ('organic').

Ok, so I am premature in saying this, but I felt a little faint when today I feel like my suspicion that one of the Goldilocks twins maaaaaaayyy be the very beginning of pushing an inflo....ohpleasepleaseplease...say it is so.

Peg - it's kind of funny because I felt I was very lax last year with ferts, pesticides, etc. but it's funny to see how the plants are kind of doing what they want anyways for the most part...I just know yours will pick up!!

• sunnysa
    9 years ago

Our plumerias were late leafing out but we're hoping that we will soon have blooms. Really enjoy seeing all the pics. Thanks.

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    9 years ago

Divine, Premium White, and Penang Peach lined up together. Penang Peach has the best and strongest scent in this corner.

I've got others blooming soon including J4, Captivate, and Dwarf Watermelon....

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

Elsie unfurling:

This is from a couple days ago ... the colors are even more intense now. We've been hitting mid-80s to low-90s for days now!

Here's the current total. I totally cheated by buying so many JJ plants at Lowes/HD:

Already blooming: Elsie, Saigon Moon, Whirlwind
    Allllmost there: Celadine (2 inflos), Dulcemia, J105
    On the way: Guillot's Sunset (2 inflos), Premium pink, Jenny, Jubilee, Cal Sunset, Captivate

• SHhhhh
    9 years ago

Great pics everyone!!!

My Musk Rainbow inflo is coming in nicely. Should have flowers in the next week or so. My Celadine has been flowering for weeks now, and they smell great. No inflo's on my other plants yet.

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    9 years ago

I have 2 inflos on Rhonda, 1 on Desert Sunrise, and 1 on Xquisite. My Inca Gold had one but it is just about spent.

Desert Sunrise

Rhonda