Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any suggestions on where I can find a Bill Moragne plumeria?

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Fri, May 27, 11 at 12:25

Hello eveyone,
I have been looking for a while now for a Bill Moragne plumeria. Right now I have unrooted cuttings of Jeannie, and Kimi.

I tried to order the Bill Moragne from Florida Colors but I was told that there tree did not far well over the winter. I have to say, I was kind of surprised by that, even though I know that Florida's winters have not been very warm for the past few years.

Since they didn't have the Bill Moragne I asked the woman I was speaking to if she could suggest another Moragne. She had a couple of suggestions and I ended up going with Katie Moragne because she told me it had a great strong fragrance and beautifull flower color.

I am still hoping to get the Bill Moragne this year. I also checked Maui Plumeria Gardens and also Brads Buds and Blooms. Neither of them had it.

This plumeria really must be in high demand, or maybe it is hard to start from a cutting?

I did find it on Ebay. One stop plumeria is selling it but it's an unrooted cutting and they want $44.95!! Florida Colors would have sold it to me for considerably less and it was rooted.

I will pay up to $35 for a rooted cutting, heck the way it's going, I would be willing to pay $35 for an unrooted cutting.

I have heard so many people rave about this plumeria. I really hope I can find one this summer, if not I will have to wait until next year.

Thanks guys,
Andrew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any suggestions on where I can find a Bill Moragne plumeria?

• Posted by pharoah Sherman Oaks CA (My Page) on
    Fri, May 27, 11 at 18:36

Hey Andrew,

It's funny, I've also been thinking about adding a Bill Moragne to my collection.

At any rate, Suki has unrooted cuttings available and she sends quality products. They are $27 Unfortunately, I have heard that they are very difficult to root which is why many people order grafts but since FC is tapped out then you may be stuck.

I'm not allowed to give Suki's website, but I'll try sending you a private.

Can someone veryify the flower size of Bill M?? I'm over the small flowers and prefer them 3 1/2" and above. I've read contrasting information about Bill. I've heard as little as 2 1/2 and as large as 4 with 3 being the most common. All reports claim he is a profuse bloomer :)

Tony

o

Tony,
Your in Sherman oaks where your summers get HOT! Usually in hotter areas the flowers are smaller, BM is probably around 2 1/2 to 3" in your area. In my patch the summers average 75 to 85, but it can get hotter but its not common, and usually in hotter areas you will get intense color and shapes where as in the cooler area we do not get the color but we get size..flowers can get huge. Bill M in my patch gets 3 1/2" to 4" depending.

Here is a pic of my 1st BM inflo from 4 yrs ago not a lot of color and the flowers were about 3 1/2" got larger the next season:
Photobucket
Large inflo:
Photobucket

Andrew,
I sent you the names and contact info of 2 very reputable sellers who can get BM for you, don't know about pricing. Contact Bloomingplumerias from Ebay as he can get huge cuttings and Jean.
Good luck

o

Thanks James,
Stupid me, I deleted that email..sorry can you resend it to me? I will email Bloomingplumerias from Ebay.

What do you think about this rooting issue? I am not going to buy an unrooted cutting. I don't want to spend any amount of money if I am going to have trouble with rooting it.

This plumeria is just too awesome to pass up! I also love the fragrance description...grape soda right?

Thanks James!

Hi Tony,
I just read your email a few minutes ago. I am going to contact that woman and see if she can refer me to a reputable grower who offers rooted cuttings.

It may be a long shot but I am going to talk with John from John from JJ. Maybe he can offer suggestions on where I can find one.

Thanks to both of you!
Andrew

o

Andrew,
Resent the e mail.
I also saw that Florida Colors has a grafted BM for 35.00. I think that is a pretty good deal for Bill. You can also call and talk to Carol and ask her if any of the grafted BM have inflos and request one with an inflo.

o

• Posted by pharoah Sherman Oaks CA (My Page) on
    Fri, May 27, 11 at 21:06

James,
That Bill M. is stunning! The colors are so vibrant even in your cooler conditions. Now I definitley need one even if the flowers are smaller.

Andrew,
Good luck in your pursuit. I completely understand your reservations about an unrooted cutting...it's just too risky along with the waiting and waiting only to find out that he's still unrooted after a year. LOL!

Tony

o

Hi James,
When I ordered my Leela from Florida Colors I was also wanting to order the Bill Moragne from them. I called them and the woman I spoke to told me that there tree was in bad shape because of the past winter so they would not have any available.

Sorry James but I thought I had told you this all ready and I think there price was only $25. IS Carol with Florida Colors? That may actually be the woman I spoke to.

And the puruit continues!

Andrew

o

Andrew, you're right to want a rooted BM. However, Luc at Florida Colors will graft a cutting for you, you just have to add the expense of the graft and shipping to and from. And, yes, that was probably Carol at Florida Colors. They are great to deal with. They grafted a very difficult cutting for me and now I have two rooted plants from it.

Bloomingplumerias is also wonderful, but I can't remember them ever listing a rooted Bill M. Still, worth a try. I've bought lots of plants from them and they're always big and healthy.

o

I highly recommend BloomingPlumerias as a source for rooted plants. I've bought very healthy plants from them, all of them with multiple tips, some with inflos. While in Oahu, I got to visit their garden and was impressed by the variety and health of their plants. The owners are very nice people.

o

Andrew,
Fuzzy aka Bloomingplumerias can get BM for you, he may even have a rooted one. So contact him

o

Oh, Andreeeewww! Check out ebay--the plumeria gods must've heard your plea. That, or you contacted Fuzzy as recommended.

o

Andrew and Tony,
Upland Nursery which is a very reputable nursery especially for plumies has Bill Morange Cuttings on sale for 20.00...such a deal Posting link to the BM page

Here is a link that might be useful: Upand Nursrey Bill Morange

o

Thanks James! My only issue ia that it seems like most people say that Bill Moragne is really difficult to root. I did find a rooted Bill Moragne on Ebay from this seller

bloomingplumerias

Have you ever heard or bought from them? I couldn't figure out how to cut and paste the link for the Bill Moragne. To me the flower color looks diffrent. It's mostly all red. IF I knew that this seller was reliable, I would just order it from them.

There selling it rooted for $19.99 Uplands isn't rooted correct?

Thanks for the link James! They have some really nice plumerias. Yeah, like I need anymore! LOL!

Andrew

o

Thanks James! Funny you mention Upland Nursery as I actually called there a few days ago to inquire about what is out front ready for sale. I figure since I am within driving distance, I would just prefer to get rooted plants.

Bill Moragne wasn't ready yet. Apparently, they only sell them in bloom...or by cutting online. I was really tempted to go down and pick up a 7 gallon "King" but at $289 it was out of my budget.

I remember several years ago the owner took me on a trip to the Plumeria growing areas in the back. To see hundreds upon hundreds of huge Plumeria trees blooming in every color imaginable was something I will never forget.

Upland Nursery is pricey, but worth it for the quality. Hopefully, Mary Helen Eggenberger will be ready soon for purchase. They had a "My Valentine" ready and they are similar but I'm opting for the MHE since I think the scent is probably just a little stronger.

Tony

o

Andrew, I have bought 6 rooted plumerias from BloomingPlumerias seller and highly recommend them. I actually got to visit their garden when I was in Hawaii; Fuzzy and his wife are very nice people. Their plants grow in 1-gallon pots and they take them out of the pots and strip the leaves just before shipping (but they leave the inflos on). If you go on ebay though, you have to bid on the plants and wait for the bidding to be over (which usually lasts a week) to find out if you even won the bid or not, and at what price. May be better to call Fuzzy and ask him for a price to buy right away, since he has several plants of each variety.

o

Same here; I've bought several from them, all multi-tipped and very large and healthy. They are very reasonably priced for the quality.

o

Andrew,
Fuzzy aka Bloomingplumeria is really reputable and has good stuff. I posted earlier on this thread to check him out. I actually talked Fuzzy into opening his Ebay store in 2005, before that he was actually supplying this other women's Ebay store without knowing it. So Fuzzy decided to open his own Ebay store instead of supplying someone elses.
Id buy from Fuzzy in a hot minute and have in the past. My Donald Angus, Duke,Mela Pa Bowman and a few others came from Fuzzy in 2004 before he opened his store....love his stuff.

o

Andrew,
I looked at Fuzzy aka Bloomingplumerias Bill Morange, some how I question it ever though I will swear by his plumies. Also his description of the scent seems off as BM smells kinda like Grape juice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here