Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tedb4

Beware of Plumeria2U from Manchester UK

tedb4
10 years ago

This got buried in another forum so I am reposting here... please feel free to contact me about it...

It is also posted in the adenium forum...

Just a quick comment on Plumeria2U out of the UK - I bought seeds from them with no problem, but with 2 purchases of adeniums from David Clulow in the first shipment 2 out of 5 plants were rotting on arrival, and when Stuart, the owner eventually responded a couple of months later, he promised to replace them and I ordered 5 more plants because I was very happy with the 3 that did arrive, he said he sent them but never provided any mailing information and of course they never showed up. He has also stopped answering any emails...
I'm not the only one... see

http://goo.gl/ne0Ru

I can't post the actual link so this is a shortened version from google...

order with caution and please let me know if you want any specific details...

Comments (14)

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

I'm happy with our Hawaiian and domestic plumeria vendors. They know what they're doing and grow really healthy plants. Don't see a reason to order from UK.

If I lived in Europe, Asia or the Middle East, I would probably try to order from Thailand if I could identify reputable vendors.

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Thank you for the heads up, it's a shame someone would go through all the trouble to have a huge website business only to fraud people. It's important we all look out for each other, thank you tedb4.

• desamecyra
    10 years ago

Ive been waiting on an order of seed from Stuart since April 06, myself. He has an excellent reference from someone I respect, so I'm kindof "up -in -the -air " on what to think, here. I was also informed there are mitigating circumstances involved, but Paypal will only cover purchases 45 days from the date of purchase, and I'm afraid that I'm going to have to resort to PayPal resolution for my unrec 'd order from Plumeria2u..
    Wish I could've avoided it

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Thank YOU for this information..

If it saves one person from getting ripped off, it 's worth posting..

Des. I have had a time with Paypal with the same problem. Hope you get your money back.... i didn't and the seller changed their name. That is why i stay with the "known" sellers . Buyer BEWARE!!!

Thank you!!

Cheers!

Laura

• jandey1
    10 years ago

It is possible that there's some illness or family circumstance keeping them from filling orders right now. As we all know, there are a lot of very small growers/importers in this business and when the primary operator is sick there's often no one else to keep the business going.

That being said, for seeds here in the U.S. I don't think you can beat Florida Colors or Brad's Buds and Blooms. And no Customs to go through with an order from them!

• tedb4
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I would certainly understand if that was the case and he communicated that fact, but there is no excuse for taking people's money and then never answering emails about a shipment that was supposedly sent...

• desamecyra
    10 years ago

Just a quick update on my transaction with Stuart of Plumeria2u in Manchester ...
    Not only did he communicate with me, after I let him know I hadn't received my seed order (he said he'd re -send it) -- but he resent the order as he said he would.
    As there is a time limit to how long Paypal covers transactions, I'd opened a mediation -dialogue (paypal calls it a "dispute") with Stuart in the meantime, and requested a refund for my seed order, which he promptly refunded. There is probably some cosmic irony in the fact that the (re -sent) order arrived a day or so, afterwards. I've returned the refund, but still wish things had been resolved differently....:(

• tedb4
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Maybe I should trying writing to him yet again... will keep you updated. FYI ... my seed orders with him were fine, it was the plant orders that were the problem...

• tedb4
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And here is the message I just sent him... will keep you posted...

Hello again Stuart -

I'm attempting once again to try to resolve my order number 4576 placed on Feb 4th and which you reported dispatched on February 20th, but which never arrived. I am documenting this request for some sort of a response on several gardening forums in an attempt to resolve my complaint.

Just to remind you of the whole story, I placed my initial order for 5 adeniums from David Clulow on Sunday Oct 28th. After being mailed to my billing address and not my mailing address and being returned and then being reshipped, they finally arrived on Dec 10th. Unfortunately, of the 5 plants in my order 2 had begun to rot and died shortly thereafter. After numerous emails, which you reported went to your spam email box, you finally responded on February 2nd and said you would be happy to replace the plants. I purchased another 5 different adenium plants to help with shipping and because I was happy with the 3 plants that survived.

Two days later, on Feb 4th, I placed my second order (#4576). You corresponded with me up until about Feb 20th when you reported that you had dispatched the shipment. However, despite repeated emails, you never sent a tracking number, never responded and the shipment of 7 plants never arrived.

I would like some sort of response from you in regards to my complaint, which I will be happy to print on the forums along with this letter.

Please note that if you search on Google for Plumeria2U, on the initial search page these complaints do register quite visibly and I believe that you have already lost business because of them, so I hope you will be ready to finally respond and clear up this situation. Likewise, I would be very happy to receive the plants that I paid for.

Yours sincerely,

• haworthia
    10 years ago

Great letter. good luck. I'm sure he will ignore it like usual. Take action and notify your bank, card card company and/or paypal to report this guy and his scam !. I've got in touch with paypal and got one of my most recent purchases refunded. I had Stuart hold my orders until March/ April due to the weather. He made sure that his so called " mailed"
    ( on April 22) had passed the 45 days required by PayPal. Still have no plants!. He's always having these so called amazing sales, specials and clearance which is how I made multiple purchases.

PayPal has a 45 days Max to report any problems, therefore my purchases made late Feb had exceeded that 45 day max by the time I realized that Stuart is a FAKE. I notified my credit card via Palpal recommendations and they are have credited me pending fraud investigation for my other two purchases. My card company also filed what is called " chargeback" via Paypal to collect from Stuart. I always make foreign purchases via Paypal only.

Please contact your credit card, bank and/or Paypal to report this guy. He constantly updates his website but refuses to answer any emails. We are not alone and should not allow someone like Stuart to con anyone again.I wonder if David Clulow knows how this guy is using his name and work to deceive and con adenium lovers. Other than Rinoa, I will not be ordering ANY adeniums overseas. Take action now to get your money back and put a stop to this scam!

• Plumedematante
    10 years ago

I am writing this on behalf of a friend who's in France and on my behalf too, since I have had the same frustration of being ignored.
    My friend had ordered and received a couple of items from Plumeria2U LTD last year without problem.
    Because of this he felt more confident about ordering more products from them. From January to April he placed over 5 orders and paid for them on the dot.
    He never received nor heard anything from Plumeria2U.
    He has tried repeatedly to contact them to ask where his merchandise was and got no response at all. After several tries he's asked me, because I live in London, to try and find out what was going on. I have tried to reach this company for the last 2 months and am still waiting to be answered.
    So far as we are concerned, Plumeria2U LTD is a dishonest company. My friend has been ignored all this time, (and so have I been) and more importantly he has lost a lot of money. Beware: it may happen to you.

• mac35
    10 years ago

Order placed on 31 January 2014 with Paypal payment.
    Never received order confirmation from Plumeria2u.
    After 2 weeks I contacted Plumeria2u and exchanged few e-mail this is their last reply:
    Re: 31 January 2014 order

FROM plumeria2u@googlemail.com TO You
    Hide Details
    From
    plumeria2u@googlemail.com
    To
    nonnusquam@btinternet.com

Your order was confirmed by email automatically by the website you idiot!! You will be refunded tomorrow morning and your order cancelled please never order again you Italian knob

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

That is Pathetic!

Sorry you had to deal with this.

Glad you posted so others will learn...

Laura

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Omg. I am in total shock!!! I cannot believe the nerve.
    So sorry to see this reply to you.

Chuy