Comments (28)

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's one more

5/4/14

• arctictropical
    9 years ago

Nice..... where do you store them during Winter?

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Inside the house. This year I kept them by the front door. The draft caused some issues & had some rot on both plants. 1st time in like 10 years. Had them wrapped in pipe insulator and everything. This year I think I'll wrap them in Christmas lights.

Should make for "BAD AS_ " Christmas trees!

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Update
    5/5/14

So I'm thinking both of my mystery professor plants in the 65gallon geopots may fave some flo action going on, pics will be posted below. This would be great considering I left them in the house close to the front door & they both experienced some rot, even tho they were wrapped in pipe cleaner.

Also the big one had a fungus issue, due to plain stupidity. Kids, DON'T spray a fungal based compost tea on your trees, only bacterial compost teas. I made a concentrate from garlic & I was astonished how fast it obliterated the fungus issue!

These are well established trees with root systems the size of basketballs so I'm expecting inflos on most branches this year, especially with the transplant into the 65g geo's and my new soil mix which I'm pretty thrilled with.

Here's the possible flos on mystery big one, we can call it Psychotic bc it's crazy loco how many variations this plant displays in color, intensity, as well as petal shape. It's bloomed everywhere from first red & orange with petals curled backwards, to longer petals with amazing reds, maroons, eleclectric pinks & orang.

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

1 more....

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's my mystery pink, "Pinky". Lol
    Might have some flo action here too....

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Hi Jason,

They look great and they do look like they have something " going on.." Lol, just heard the Marvin Gaye song.. " What's going on..." That should be your theme for the season.. Lol!!!

Good luck with the big guys and I agree, No spraying of the trees with that stuff... Sorry for the fungus.. Glad you have it under control now?

I can't wait to see pics of the crazy tree. Sounds interesting and beautiful at the same time!!!

Congratulations, Jason!!!

Laura

• pcput
    9 years ago

I agree with Laura - can't want for pics of "crazy"
    Do you have the 20 mule team to move those 65G ones?
    I can't even imagine moving them!!!
    Peg

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@ Laura - I'll tell you "what's goin on." I'm going to cut crazy loco nxt year & I'll send you a stick. I'll send one to the birdy too, and a few select folks. I believe in spreading your special plants around incase of disaster. It's just good Karma!

Was that mulch I see in your pots, bark maybe? Oh, on that topic of mulch, I forgot to mention that my mulch makes great food, as well as shelter for my compost worms that live in my plumie pots! :P

So the birdie encouraged me to try and track down the professor who gave me the 2 large trees in hopes of finding out what they are. Found him on his work website but he hasn't responded yet. The guy goes around the world collecting plants, so they totally could be unnamed trees, who knows.

& Marvin is the man!

Hey Peg, No, 50 chihuahuas.....lol
    Actually, I have dolly's that I made out of 2x4's, casters & gorilla tape. Moving them is pretty easy. Can't wait till they're big enough for 100 gal geo's, unfortunaly, 65's are the biggest I can get through the sliding glass door.

Here's my dolly....

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

For Laura & barb - Here's some pics of Psycotic...lol

First EVER blooms.....

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

First blooms last year....

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

More last year...

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Some more.....

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another....

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Last one...

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Very beautiful flowers. I am always surprised on what a little stick will give you and it is not only one or two flowers but they bloom so long. I have so many that are going to bloom this year, and can not hardly wait to post pictures. Thanks, Barb

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    9 years ago

Very Nice. It looks like things are waking up. I am also a firm believer in sharing plants to ensure its not lost.

9 years ago

Jason,

Wow!!! Psychotic is absolutely beautiful and I would be honored to grown one of your beauties here on the east coast. What a kind gesture to share and I also love the karma. It will indeed continue to grow and be well taken care of ... I'm humbled... It truly takes on different colors and shapes with the change In the Heat. I'm so excited... Thank you again!!! ;-)

Marvin ... Yes, he is the best and I heard his song yesterday and kept singing it.. Great man... So, what's going on...

The bark you see in my pics is Fir Bark that I put into my mix. If I have some leftovers, I will sprinkle them around the top especially in the hot summer.

Sounds like you are having fun experimenting with your soils and mulch. That's what it's all about. Im So glad you are having success !,,

Make you feel good when you see success at what we do with our hands..

Sounds like the open house will be a busy time, but we just don't get to see nurseries like that here in Virginia. We understand a lot of the good selections will be take. Already.. Cough, cough.. Lol. But it's the people and friends that we want to see as well.. Maybe you can visit if we have lunch after ? That would be fun. I think the hunt is on and like K mentioned. The chum is in and they are a circling... Lol!!!! I'd be right in the circle too..

I hope you do track down the professor and hopefully can ask him so e questions. Birdies are good ... She is the best!! Tell her I said "hello"

Your trees look happy!!

Please keep posti g your pics.. !!

Take care

Laura

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@ Barb - I'm excited for you, can't wait to see your awesome blooms! These plants are pretty amazing, I've seen them thrive in many different conditions, soil types, & climates.

It's amazing how much joy & fulfillment these plants bring to me. Burglars could come & take my big screen, car, tools, & furniture, & I wouldn't care. But if my plants were taken I'd be crushed, glad I've got a lock on the gate....... :P

@kms2 - thanks for chiming in.

@ Laura - I don't typically eat lunch, my breakfast is soo huge. I'll share with you what I had today & you can have a laugh......1/2lb bacon cooked slow, 2 eggs fried in bacon fat, 4 more yolks raw, 1lb broccoli, & some macadamia nuts. That's not counting my bulletproof coffee that has kerrygold butter, mct oil, & coconut oil....... :P. Actually this time of year I'm starting to up my veg intake & even add in some fruits to my diet. I know..sounds crazy right, but it makes me feel like I'm 19 again....seriously!

Anyway, I may not eat lunch, but I'm always down for social hour! & if they happen to serve a little red wine that would be a plus! Lol

Expecting purple rain & temple fire hopefully Thursday & lakes passion maybe Friday, I'll post pics. It's kinda funny, I placed my last jj's order because I wanted purple rain, which is going to display amazing color here, but I really fell in love with temple fire, it should look absolutely electric in this heat!

Ugh, I need more 3 gallon geo pots....lol

Here's a pic of red dragon or dragons breath, I'm not really sure. You can see a little mineralization on the leafs, probably from the K in the foliar I use.

• pcput
    9 years ago

PlumeJunkie - I can send my chi to you and make it 51! Beautiful blooms. Thanks for the eye candy. Love when it reflexs. Some times noids turn out to be the best. Nice if you find out the origin though.
    Barb - I seem to remember you were fertilizing like crazy last year and were disappointed with little blooms. Well that feeding program last year will bring the blooms this year. "Congrats" can't wait to see pics.
    Peg

9 years ago

Good Morning everyone!!!

Thinking about having some hot tea because the pollen is so bad here and it's hurting my throat... Also thinking of breakfast!! OMG. I thought I was dreaming!! ;-)

Jason.. I had to read what you ate for breakfast three times OHH MYY!!!

I love bacon too!! But if I ate that much, ahhh. The eggs are wonderful but I can only eat two. ( cooked). Lol. The veggies sound great and I still can't get over all of the different oils in your coffee . I can understand how you could skip lunch!!! ;-). Now you are adding more veggies and fruit? Wow!! Good for you!!! I bet your body does love that combo and as long as it makes you feel like " 19" .. I think I would give it a go!!!!!

If we all do meet for lunch after open house, it would be nice to meet you and some of the other members. I'm sure some type of social hour will take place. We will let you know!!!

I love the color of the leaf on your Dragons Breath, looks beautiful already!!

Trying to get motivated this morning and I'm thinking about your breakfast...
    That would fill me up for days!!! ;-)
    Ok.. Weeks... Lol!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Laura

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laura-Laura-Bo-Bora,

To tell you the truth, the coffe keeps me full & energized ALL day, I don't even need anything else really. I used to fast 20hrs a day, only eating durring a four hour window, but I've since switched things around trying to get my fasting blood sugar down. Anyway, tons of healthy fat + tons of seafood + lots of veg + carb free + & ton of unflorinated water makes Jason feel like SUPERMAN!!!

The great thing about the coffee is that not only does it give you SUSTAINED energy, but gives focus and mental clarity because of the mct & coconut oils are direct fuel for the brain!

If you want to try an experiment, take your favorite coffee, put 2tbl kerrygold butter (MUSTbe butter from grass fed cows), add a teaspoon of coconut oil, and put in a blender or shaker. It really does work better with mct oil, but coconut oil can do. If you happen to have any cinnamon, cocoa powder, turmeric, or vanilla & would like to throw them in.....go for it.

It's important to start small with coconut oil unless your body has become efficient at digesting fats! I use probably 2tbl of each....lol
    Point being is to increase the good fats as your body becomes more efficient at processing them.

Anyway, hope you give it a shot, I really think you'll love it!

Hoping my Jj's package arrives today,

Jason

• evdesert 9B Indio, CA
    9 years ago

Very nice blooms plumejunkie! I noticed a bloom opening up on my plumeria this morning and came home from work this afternoon to find this bad boy fully open.
    Evan

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nice Evan,
    Your lucky to have blooms soo early in the season! Thanks for sharing.

Keep on rockin,
    Jason

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lady Barbie opened a leaf today. It's tiny!

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laura, can u find Scarlet Night?

Where's Waldo anyone?

9 years ago

Jason... I haven't tried the coffee yet, so I can't see where " Waldo" is... At least he did have glasses... Lol and a striped shirt to identify....

If I were to guess. It's in the light blue crate. In the square container with the dark reddish leaves ?

I had to laugh at the title of " Laura, Laura.... ". Wonder how many remember that ?

Glad to see your package arrive.. What a great gift to your mom!! Sweet!!!

I will try the coffee... I will wait until I'm off for a few days.. :-)

Sounds delicious !!!!

All of your plants look great!!

Evan.. Looks good...

Take care,

Laura

• plumejunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laura, that's a good guess, but it was actually red dragon or dragons breath, not sure which. It's actually right next door in the blue crate.

Oh, Lady Barbie & ms. Nonburi have leafs opening today.

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz