Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

Selling some of my plumerias

No-Clue
10 years ago

Hi

Now that my yard is done and I have squeezed in as many plumerias as I could I am completely out of space. That means some will have to go. I also wanted to wait to make sure they wake up before I sell them and most of them are awake now.

Are our local people still interested? I will compile the list with photos later today.

Thanks!

Comments (33)

• rox146
    10 years ago

I am....I am in Ventura, how far away are you? What size and names etc. so I can compare to my list.....mahalo, roxanne

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Roxanne,

I'm in OC. On top of my head I have

Lurline - bought from Matt on Ebay
    Elsie - bought from JJ's
    Penang Peach - from the Plumeria Sale last year
    Christina - JJ's (she's my biggest of the group).

There are more but I can't remember at the moment. :( I'm running out right now but as soon as I get back I will list the name, size, and pictures.

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Yeah, please list your girls here, so we could all see. I am close to you (or at least I hope I am), if you're not all the way in S OC.

• astrl
    10 years ago

Any chance we can see pictures of the yard? :) I love to look at landscaping. I'm still trying to decide where to put my own.

I would be all over that Lurline if I lived closer.

astrl

• rox146
    10 years ago

I have friends returning from vacation soon that could bring the ones I want to their house in Ventura. (they live in Newport) I just need to see size and if you could mention smell...Lurline and Elsie interest me, unless of course you say how great Christina is...so, price and size and photo would be great. I too though am running out of room. Have added 24 this year already and that puts me up over 150....husband no happy... :-) roxanne

• animalcraker
    10 years ago

Depending on the price and variety I'd be interested.

-Jen

• toomanydogs
    10 years ago

Who doesn't need more plumeria? Of course I am interested. By the way, Upland nursery carries Vietnamese gardenia, I saw it there on Sunday.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Toomanydogs are you serious?

I need to go but it's sooo far! And with all the events for the kids coming up I'm not sure I can entice DH to drive me. :(

But thank you for the head's up. I will call them today and see if they will ship it to me or something.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry I have been so busy tracking down fragrant plants. But here are some photos of the plants I'm letting go.

Photos are of the actual plants. Photos were taken last week so they all grew a little more this week.

{{gwi:1164939}}
    JJ Premium Red

{{gwi:1164942}}
    Got this from JJ's last year.

{{gwi:1164944}}
    She's waking up nicely. Potted in Al's Gritty Mix.

{{gwi:1164946}}
    She has 3-tips

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

{{gwi:1164948}}
    Standing a little over 3 feet tall Elsie has 4 tips plus the old inflo in pushing another tip!

{{gwi:1164949}}

{{gwi:1164952}}
    She just starting to wake up.

{{gwi:1164955}}
    She's pushing an inflo as well.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kaneone Sunrise

{{gwi:1164957}}She has 3 tips and stands around 2 ft tall.

{{gwi:1164959}}

{{gwi:1164960}}
    I either bought from Matt or Fuzzy.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kaneone Sunburst

{{gwi:1164961}}
    Two tips

{{gwi:1164962}}

{{gwi:1164963}}

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Waimea

{{gwi:1164964}}
    Two feet and three tips plant. She's a beauty!

{{gwi:1164965}}
    Purchased from Matt or Fuzzy... I can't remember.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mardi Gras

{{gwi:1164966}}
    1 tip...

{{gwi:1164968}}

{{gwi:1164969}}

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dean Conklin
    18 inches 1-tip

{{gwi:1164970}}

{{gwi:1164971}}

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Penang Peach
    20 inches 3-tips

{{gwi:1164972}}

{{gwi:1164973}}

{{gwi:1164974}}

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pink Pansy
    20 inches Two-tips

{{gwi:1164975}}

{{gwi:1164976}}

{{gwi:1164977}}

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Christina
    3.5 Ft tall 6-tips. I had to amputate the 7th tip due to frost. She's simply getting too large for me to move around so she has to go.

{{gwi:1164978}}

{{gwi:1164980}}

{{gwi:1164981}}

{{gwi:1164982}}

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wildfire...

This poor thing has been through hell and back! During the move, one of the movers tipped her over! She was in the gritty mix so that was not a good thing.

Then during the construction of my yard, the landscaper tipped her side way AGAIN!! The poor baby. So after that I re-potted her to the mix Bill gave me that I was saving for the cuttings!

She looks to be a bit in shock so she will need some major TLC. She will be free of course.

{{gwi:1164985}}

Now more bad news.

{{gwi:1164986}}
    Here is 3-tips Lurline. Notice anything unusual?

While shooting photos of Lurline I noticed this!
    {{gwi:1164987}}
    Didn't look good to me so I went searching below.

{{gwi:1164988}}
    Looking from the top I never would have guessed she was suffering! She was just waking up nicely too.

I'm guessing the spot where the branch snapped off during shipping (from Fuzzy I believe) got water inside and rotted?? I didn't think to seal it because she was doing fine and blooming last summer.

The root was squishy... and looked bad when I cut.
    {{gwi:1164989}}
    {{gwi:1164990}}
    I kept going until it showed clean white flesh.

{{gwi:1164992}}Then I cleaned them off and sealed w/ root tone. Now I have two small cuttings about 8.5 to 9 inches long. They are also free so hopefully someone can try to root it.

I also have another smaller rooted plant that I'm planning to give away since it was a gift to me I want to pay it forward. I will photograph her later.

Here a the rest of the list that I have yet taken photos

Thumbalina
    JJ Premium White
    U of Orange Hawaii
    Cranberry
    Cerise
    NOID

I will try to do the rest this week. Please let me know if you are interested... I'm thinking next Sat June 8th. Thanks!

• animalcraker
    10 years ago

I'd be interested in you Christina, Lurline, and UoH orange. Do you know how much you want to sell them for?

-Jennifer

• Lnorigb
    10 years ago

Think Pink Pansy and JJ's premium white would like to come live in S. OC? =)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

No-Clue, I am doing the same. I just finished planting 10 more plumeria in the ground this weekend. Do not get rid of your Wilfire, mine started to bloom yesterday, and it's beautiful. Large blooms that smell almost as good as my magnum opus, but not as strong. What a beauty!. Barbra

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Barbra... I would have loved for Wildfire to stay w/ me. But I'm running out of space. I did promise DH that I would not turn our yard into a jungle. So my cut off is 50.

I'm recently bought a bunch of fragrant plants and I'm on the hunt for a Ylang Ylang tree as we speak so I'm struggling to make it all fit. Right now, I'm pretty much letting go of most of my smaller plants except for Viola G., Metallica and Mahaka Sunn. If I don't do it now and they bloom I'm letter going to let any go! :(

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

No clue, I can only tell you what I see, I would let metallica go before Wildfire. I own both, and believe me you will regret letting Wildfire go. Barbra

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Lynn, I'm also trying to stay around 50, but it's not easy! Too many gorgeous choices.

Barbra, I'm glad Wildfire is giving you a great show! It must love it down there at the coast.

Mine has grown very, very slowly, though it's been easy to care for. She just doesn't like too much of our sun.

My Dazzler is about to bloom on two tips--very exciting! Will post pics when it does. Hope yours is growing well for you. I find it to be a vigorous grower.

• DelWH
    10 years ago

My 2 foot tall 2 tip Dazzler has been blooming on 1 tip for a couple of months(of course under lights). Just transplanted to a 5 gallon pot, but, if you can believe it, it has grown the whole time in a 1 liter water bottle!. A very vigorous plant indeed.

Potted this up in August 2012, this pic was taken April 23, 2013, just before I repotted it into a 5 gallon pot.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Wow, Del, nice! Looks like the shorter sister of my plant. I've been really impressed by this one, she's a very easy plant to like.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Del, your Dazzler really knows how to dazzle! What a gorgeous baby! LOVE her. Don't temp me.

I just realized that I am still not down to 50 because I have some at my friend's place. Like 6 more if my memory serves me right. But I don't remember which plants I have. Yikes!

So are the local folks interested in meeting me somewhere on Sunday June 16th at 10am? Prices will be very very reasonable. PM me if you are interested and I'll let you know the place and pricelist. Otherwise, I will donate them to my kids' schools, their teachers, neighbors and some family and friends. I need to clear my yard for other plants that are coming in.

Thanks!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Lynn - I am in absolute shock! How do you make the decision what stays and what goes? I couldn't even give up my plain ole noid whites! LOL

Wish I could see you on Sunday June 16th at 10am. :)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Jen, the Dazzler you gave me, has an inflo. It is doing great, I have it planted in the ground. The only plumeria blooming now are Gold Coast Cotton Candy, Madri Gras, Siam Ruby, Magnum Opus, and Wildfire. I am down to 35 named plumeria, I have gotten rid of all my white plumeria except for Plumeria Don( I have not seen it bloom yet). I only kept 2 yellow plumeria, Thortons Lemon Drops, and Celadine. I only kept 1 light pink- Charlotte Ebert, because of the size of the bloom. I decided that I would scale back and only keep colors that pop in my yard. Barbra

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Not easy Mona.

But I did it by size and by how easily I can replace them. So in case I have a change of heart later on I can easily buy another bigger plant. But if I don't do it now I will never do it!

Besides I have fallen in love with other fragrant plants so I want some evergreen that will bloom longer. Feels like I'm cheating on my plumerias though. :(

• murphy9999
    9 years ago

Hi Lynn,
    Besides plumerias I am into fragrant plants also. Have 2 big M. Champacas and a few plumies. Will let you know when I see ylang ylang again in some nurseries in Florida.
    Missed your plumeria sale last year. Please let me know when you have another sale of
    plumerias. Have a friend who wants big size with flowers on it. Does not want a stick.
    I am in NY city but have a small place in Costa Mesa.
    If you happen to read this email please email me at minhchau.g@gmail.com
    I am senior and not good with computer.

• edzone9
    9 years ago

I Cant see the photos but i'm interested in buying some if you ship via USPS 3 Day Please let me know.. Ed

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!