Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cuttings with inflo's

Posted by jeff_d_grower 8b (My Page) on
Sun, May 16, 10 at 13:22

I took 4 cuttings from a parent plant aprox 4 weeks ago and was surprised to find 3 of them are now showing inflo's. So I was wondering; do I treat them any differently from other cuttings? They are still in the greenhouse and not exposed to direct sun at the moment. The pots have also dried out from the initail watering. Any thoughts out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cuttings with inflo's

I treat them the same as other cuttings. As long as the foliage continues to develop I'll leave the inflo. If I don't see any foliage growth I cut the inflo off so more energy can go to root development.

o
RE: Cuttings with inflo's

I agree with Karyn. energy put into the inflo is subtracted from rooting so if I want more roots, at any sign of weakness, I cut the inflo off. If I don't need to see the flower, I cut the inflo off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here