Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynneny

Baaaaaad kitty!!!

LynneNY
10 years ago

I received this plumeria cutting last September for my birthday from an online friend who ordered it through ebay. It is "supposed" to flower blue - pictures are colorized very badly!, It was labeled "Mai Tai Siam" .

Anywho... my idiot mailman crammed the manila envelope into my mailbox and broke off the two teensy tiny growing tips on one of the 2 tips of the cutting. They now look like they are forming once again but are barely visible.

Fast forward to today... I had opened the window that this plant sits by to see what a noise was outside, and as I was closing the window, my very skinny cat jumped into it as it was only about 3 inches from closing. I quickly opened it back out and she jumped away, breaking one of the slightly larger growing tips on the other tip.

So... the question is, will these grow back, and how long will this take here in zone 6 NY? The stem seems very healthy, and I cannot put it outside quite yet as we had a freeze warning just last night. Should I put it in my full afternoon sun on the deck, where temperatures could get about 10 degrees higher than the real temps due to reflections, etc?

On the very top left is what broke off today - where it looks flat and white. The bottom tip in the center where it looks a bit red is hopefully new leaves are growing there?

This post was edited by lynneny on Tue, May 14, 13 at 13:32

Comments (3)