11 years ago

Here is my Jeannie Moragne as of today:

{{gwi:1165180}}

A no ID pink as of today:

{{gwi:1165181}}

A Celadine starting to bloom

{{gwi:1165182}}

I call this picture "Calico kitten needs a new home"

I brought them into the garage due to an incoming storm and put the cat in the garage because I wanted to sleep without my foot being shredded if I moved it under the sheet.

{{gwi:1165183}}

Here are three other pictures I had on my cell phone I took earlier this spring while bike riding some local trails.

{{gwi:1165185}}

Lastly...I was sniffing around for bargains at my local HD and came across this product saying its made from coconut fibers. Does anyone think this is similar to Coir? I bought the small pellet version of this product and it seems to hold a lot of moisture and not a good choice for rooting a cutting. Curious to know what everyone else thinks.

{{gwi:1165187}}

Comments (9)

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Ruh-roh. Hide, kitten, HIDE! Sometimes I miss having a pet, but not when the plants are inside.

How tall are some of those big trees? Jeannie is such a gorgeous color.

Beautiful shots of the wildflowers, K! Spring in Texas is incomparable.

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Awesome Jeannie M! One of my absolute favs. Awesome colors and fragrance. Another plumeria that I would like have more than one of.

Sorry but I don't know too much about the Burpee product but the fact that you said it holds a lot of moisture would make me nervous using on the plumeria.

Good luck,
    Andrew

• elucas101
    11 years ago

Wow, those trees are awesome!!! Beautiful wildflowers too! I haven't used that particular product, but I have tried the Jiffy peat pots and they held way too much moisture for my seeds.

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jen,
    the JM is probably 8-9 feet tall from the top of the pot. I pruned a few branches this spring. Its slowed down in growth of the last few years. I would estimate this season's inflos are about 6-8 inches from last years inflo scar. The pink is probably 6 feet tall and the Celadine is about 7 ft. As best as I can remember they are 8-11 years old.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi K,

Love all of your beautiful pictures..

Those little critters... are they still around? : )

Looks like the cuttings were rooting? Bummer... Did you pot them back up? How are they doing now?

Love the wildflower pictures... reminds me of one of my favorite emails that i cherish... : ) It is a couple of pics of the Lavender fields down in Texas. Simply beautiful...

Thanks for sharings these beauties..

Laura

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Laura,
    I did pot them back up and I dont think it caused a problem for the VCR which has put out leaves since then, the Teresa Wilder (far right) has not opened a leaf yet despite roots which were still intact. The black Ruby and Cindy Schmidt Orange had not started rooting but had some bumps along the bottom so I don't think they were impacted.

A normal (wet) Texas spring is a great time of year. We actually improved from exceptional drought last year to only moderate drought so far this year.

• pcput
    11 years ago

K, What beautiful pics !!! You not only can grow plumerias but have an eye for a good shot of them too. Thanks so much for taking the time to share them with us. I live with 3 cats and they can be hard on the plants. I had 2 that were chasing each other and manages to pull a stake right out of the pot but fortunately, the newly rooted, cutting wasn't tied too tight to and slid right past it. It still is leaning but I'll wait to straighten it up when it has had some time to recover. I checked to see if they had ripped the roots off but it seems to be ok. They also ran over a banana plant and broke it in half. I'd rather loose the banana. Anybody want a cat??? Peg

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

K-

These photos are awesome--thanks for sharing. All of your plumies are stunning...the wildflowers as well! I've never seen that side of Texas--really pretty.

Greg

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

So odd for me to hear about your menacing cats. Over the years my cat has gone after many a house plant, but she hasn't taken a single nibble of a single plumie. In fact she has been named, "The Keeper of the Plumeria" as she has taken up residence in the guest bedroom (the greenhouse if you will) and without assault. I have cuttings and seedlings in there.

Hmm, on that note I guess I'll knock on some wood and maybe even throw some salt over my shoulder in the hope nothing changes.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz