Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Callous pictures

Posted by ladyver 9 (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 14 at 13:50

I have a bunch of Hilo Beauty cuttings that I'm putting through an experiment to help me figure out the best way to root this variety. I've never paid attention to what the callous looks like on any of the hundreds of cuttings I've rooted before (all different varieties), but I do notice that I lose about 25-50% of the really "hard to root" varieties. Each Hilo Beauty cutting was treated with 1, 2, 3, or 4 different substances that I had on hand, and I have one as a control with no treatment. All are in a bin with mulch, and are raised above the mulch on a wire rack. What's the minimum amount of time I should keep them there and what's the maximum amount of time? If anyone has pictures of their callouses, could you post them on this thread? I'm trying to figure out what a perfect callous looks like vs an average one vs a bad one, and when to make the decision to pot them up. I have a pretty good idea but I'd love to compare someone else's pictures and read what you have to say about it! Thanks!
Sonja

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Callous pictures

I would look for some posts from 2012 or 13 from "Citizen Insane" which he posted about the callous process and even dissected some cuttings. Very informative info and may help your experiment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here