Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Possible inflo on Scentsation?

Posted by robert1971 7a OK (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 14:17

So I like everyone else have been staring my plumies down for signs of inflos. I'm pretty certain my Celadine is pushing one up but not so sure about Scentsation. Could this be one of those tricky false inflos? Maybe it's decided it's lanky enough as is and has decided to branch out some?
Your thoughts?

-Robert

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Possible inflo on Scentsation?

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Wed, May 1, 13 at 14:28

i hope it is!!! i have been checking my scentsational everyday and nothing yet. Going on year 3 for me and no inflos other than the one on it went i bought it.

mike

o

Ack! Don't tell me that, Mike! ;)
I'm not even 100% certain it is Scentsation since I got it off eBay.
Guess I need to learn to be patient. Ha!

-Robert

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Wed, May 1, 13 at 14:49

Im sorry I bought it on 7-12-2011 so it would be 2 years old to me this July.

Im not very patient either.

Mike

o

Robert,
It is definitely "trying" to be an inflo. I will keep my fingers crossed for you but there is a good chance that it will "nub" :( It will most certainly branch though :)

o

Thanks, Pharaoh! I suppose either way will be better than its current state which is a super tall lanky single tip plumie. Laugh.

-Robert

o

• Posted by k2fl okc 7 (My Page) on
    Wed, May 1, 13 at 16:28

Do you see tiny buds on its head? If not it might be a false inflo unfortunately...I have one of those growing on my rooting Kimo.

Kenny

o

Hey, Kenny.

Nope. Just see tiny claws. Oh, well. It's currently ridiculous looking (looks like a giant fat finger coming out of a pot) so some branching would be appreciated. :)

-Robert

o

• Posted by k2fl okc 7 (My Page) on
    Wed, May 1, 13 at 16:37

Hi Robert

Just as I suspected...your Scentsational may have decided to skip inflo and branch out instead. Either way, it's making good progress :)

Kenny

o

Robert,

It really looks like a "false info" to me. I had a seedling that did the false info for me and branched and now the branch has a false info. I don't know if I will ever see that one bloom!!!

All I can say is it better be worth the wait or else it will for a good grafting practice plumeria :)

Joan

o

Ha! Joan you give me too much credit for patience. If this sucker doesn't bloom this year it will probably be given away. :)
I would like it to branch so fingers crossed!

Oh, and I just realized it should be 'Scentsational'. Doh!

-Robert

o

No way, Robert, I will not let you--Scent Hound--give away a Scentsational! Let her do her branching thing and she'll eventually reward you for your patience on her three new branches. I promise!

If not, you can come down here and tell me off to my face ;-)

o

Ha! Too funny, Jen. I wish I had your patience. Can't believe you didn't have any inflos last year on your 60+ trees. I would have started collecting other plants. ;)

I'm sure with all the Dyna-Gro fertilizer, Pro-tekt, maybe some foliar spray (read a pretty interesting article about Epsom salt) and what not that sucker will be blooming away in no time! :)

-Robert

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here