Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fragrantgrower

I think my Phet Pachara is going to have an inflo!

At least I think it's gonna be an inflo and not a false one like Scentsational did to me. Laugh.

-Robert

Comments (17)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Course Jen was right and Scentsational now has 6 tips so I guess I shouldn't complain if Phet does the same. :)

-Robert

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

I say both instances are a winner. great job!

Mike

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks! Now if I can just get those darn thrips under control everything will be alright. Laugh.
    Sprayed with Al's thrip spray last night, waited until the leaves were dry and then hosed them down and repeated. :)

-Robert

• nativec
    10 years ago

I'm excited to see you get an inflo! I wanted this one last season for its unusual color. Keep us posted :)

Nicole

Original Author
    10 years ago

Nicole,

Mine bloomed last year and I love it! I'm hoping the scent will be stronger since mine bloomed late in the season. I also love the red veins in the leaves. :)

-Robert

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics of mine blooming last year

• nativec
    10 years ago

Robert- It was probably not a good idea to tell me how wonderful it is. You know I have that "just one more plumeria" sickness. Could be dangerous! LOL

Original Author
    10 years ago

I know...I'm a stinker. Laugh.
    Keep checking Brad's site for it. There's always room for just one more, right? ;)

-Robert

• nativec
    10 years ago

Dang it Robert-I somehow missed the included photos. Now that I've seen them, well...maybe I need just "one" more... A stunner! I love the shape of the petals!

• pcput
    10 years ago

Got my fingers crossed for your inflo Robert. Hope you have lots this year. Peg

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Hey I think that just happened to my Jeannie M. I was super excited to see what I thought was an inflo but then she just completely changed her mind. So instead of an inflo on that one tip, I now have 3 tips. Might as well my tree will look much more balanced now with 3 tips instead if just the one.

Can't wait to see if it's an inflo for you. ;)

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Ooh, those leaves look wonderful, Robert! Very cool. I'm crossing my fingers for a fat inflo for you!

When Heirloom blooms--barring any *#&^@ squirrel damage--I'll post pics and we can compare the two for color. Both are that unusual buttery peach color. Yours will smell better, of course ;-)

Original Author
    10 years ago

Nicole,

Do it! Laugh.

Thanks, Peg & Lynn! Really hope it's an inflo. :)

Jen,

Those dang squirrels! Maybe you can borrow my dog. The squirrels drive her nuts. She's constantly charging into my beds after them. Laugh.

I love the pics of Heirloom! They do look very similar. Wonder if Phet is one of its parents?
    Please post pics when yours blooms! :)

-Robert

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    10 years ago

I'll be crossing my fingers and hope this turn out to be an inflo Robert. :)

Mine's bit the bucket right at the end of winter,what a bummer. I had over watered it while it was still chilly and it rotted (along with a few others like Dwarf Singapore Yellow, d'oh!).

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Heirloom was developed in Houston by Barbara Randolph, who says it's a seedling of Summer Spice. SS looks nothing like Heirloom, but is Hawaiian, I think. Who knows what else Barbara had in her collection that it may have crossed with; butterscotch is such a crazy color for plumies!

Yes, I would love to have a small dog, as long as the dog doesn't also dig around the plants. Poor thing would be worn out chasing as many squirrels and rabbits as we have here!

Original Author
    10 years ago

musaboru,

So sorry you lost your Phet! Did you get it from Brad's as well?
    I'm growing mine in the gritty mix.

Jen,

That sounds like hog heaven to my dog! :)
    I took her swimming today at the park (she loves to swim in the ponds).
    Of course she also chased after several squirrels. ;)

-Robert

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Okay, just send her down here for a couple weeks Squirrel "R&R": Reconaissance and Run-Off.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

I keeping my fingers crossed for you Robert!!!

The Plumeria gods are smiling down upon you!!! ;-)

Take care,

Laura