Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nativec

Missed you guys!

nativec
10 years ago

Hello everyone!

Seems like its taken a miracle to get back on the forum. I've missed everyone and IâÂÂm sure IâÂÂve missed all kinds of plumeria goodness.

I hope everyone fared well this winter. My trees have FINALLY made it out after 4 or 5 arm breaking hauling parties. Take âÂÂem out, take âÂÂem in, repeat. Dang weather! LOL

As some of you may remember I was fighting the dreaded black tip at the end of last season and despite my preventative efforts(over wintering oil and a spray that was recommended by another forum member) I continued to fight it through the season. So all and all here is a list of my dearly departed(sad face here).

JL Golden Pagoda(my heart fell to my big toe on this one)
JL Purple Rain
Orange Splendour(a replacement from one that arrived to me black tipped)
Leona Hoke (sob)
Hawaiian Flag

I guess not too bad(imagine that said in a sarcastic manner). One the brighter side of the sun, I am enjoying watching my first infloâÂÂs developing on Dazzler and JL Supernova. Yay!

So happy that the winter is over! Since I canâÂÂt stay still I had to find something to occupy my time while not obsessing over my plumeria. This year my time was occupied with training, raising and becoming completely smitten with a new puppy! I somehow managed to forget that puppies chew things(its been a while) so plumie defense measures were in order. Learned this one after losing a couple adeniums to the canine thief!

Meet Valentinoâ¦..

Today....LOL

Is everyone out shopping to fill the wish list? LOL

Laura-How is JLM?

Jen-my Mum killed my mountain laurel and hibiscus you sent me. Good thing it was my mother or someone would have been in big trouble! She overwaters EVERYTHING! Ugh!

Take care!
Nicole

Comments (7)

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Nicole, glad to see you around here! OMG, your little heart throb Valentino is one gorgeous boy!!! What a cutie-patootie!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses, that REALLY sucks :(

Glad you have some inflos to look forward to though! Looking forward to some pictures! And you are not kidding about the in-and-out routine - that got old really quick! Because the weather has been so screwy my plants are still not even fully leafed out. If I had to take them inside one more time I thought I was going to lose it.

I have a fat, juicy looking inflo on my Gina that is about to bloom soon, I can't wait!!!

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Emily!!

Big, fat, juicy inflos translate into tons of photo ops! LOL Can't wait to see your Gina. I left out the inflo I have on a J-105-Splash that I'm super excited about. I don't expect to get any splash this year but maybe one day.

My cutie-patootie is now 90lbs! What was I thinking?!

Oh and I discovered spider mites on the trees this morn...geez really? Can't a girl catch a break? LOL

Its good to be back! :)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Nicole.

We have missed you so much.

I was looking at my CC and thinking ofyou !

My Metallica is doing great !

Love your little baby! Soooo cute!

I'm in between boarding , but had to say hello!

Glad to see you!

Xoxo

Laura

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laura!! How wonderful to hear from you and so thoughtful of you to drop a note in between boarding...LOL Have a safe flight :)

I'm anxiously awaiting for leaves on both JLM & CC. There is plenty to catch up on :)

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Hey, Nicole! Good to see you again! Sorry to hear you lost so much this winter--you must be at least the second or third poster who's lost Pagoda and Purple Rain and Leona and Orange Splendor. Those must all be less-than-hardy ones.

I happen to have a bumper crop of mountain laurel sprouts here and can try shipping you a few. They don't like to be transplanted, so I don't know if they'd make it. If you want to try again with seeds, I'll send some of those instead.

Your baby photo is adorable! He sure grew up quickly.

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

Nicole- good to see you back. Sorry about the losses. I lost a few in So. Cal due to the cold winter. One nice Thai that had never recovered from poor shipping from Brad's was my disappointment too. I lost 2 singapores (no surprise) and a mature Vera Cruz Rose (dang) and cut a mature Charlotte Ebert from 6' down to 1' but I see signs of new life. Your puppy can bring a smile- what a cute face. Nothing like a dog to cheer you up. Welcome back. Bill

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jen- It's good to be back. I don't think I'm going to pick up the one's I lost quite yet. This was my 2nd try with JL Purple Rain and the 2nd with Leona Hoke. Ugh! I thank you for the offer of seeds but I have to hold out unfortunately. There may be an out of state move in my future and I already have no idea how I'm going to deal with what I have. I hope you are doing well:)

Bill-I am shocked by the losses you suffered! Here's hoping that at least CE pulls through! I may need to pick your brilliant brain soon on how to safely move trees in the heat of summer. Please don't say a temperature controlled truck :( I think I'm in big trouble!

It looks like career opportunities may take me to either Louisiana or Georgia...mid August. If you have any advice it would be appreciated.

Take care!

Nicole

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths