Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mksmth_zone_6b

Just a few pics

No blooms yet so sorry to disappoint.

JJ's Delightful with seed pod

JJ's Scentsational, cant wait for this one to bloom again

NOID white that bloomed last winter. Im concerned with how tall and lanky this one is getting. Its not uncommon for use to have 20-30mph winds with gust to 40+. Im undecided if I should just stake it or cut it and root the top. Or am i just paranoid. What do you think?

Thanks

Mike

Comments (24)

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

I would stake it. My experience has been that it will pull out of the pot before its breaks from wind.

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Mike- Exciting about the seed pod, sure sign of a happy tree!

John showed me a blooming Scentsational late in my visit....i'd already spent WAY too much money so I didn't take it home. Of course now it is on my wish list. Enjoy it when it blooms, what a fragrance!

• houstontexas123
    11 years ago

good looking plumies. i'd stake it.

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks

When i bought the scentsational last year it was in bloom and it was an amazing smell.

I think I will stake the tall one tonight.

Hopefully soon Ill get an inflo. Im sure if I stop checking for one everyday that might help, LOL

Mike

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Mike, your trees are very far along for foliage--very nice!

I think "NOID white" is synonymous with "tall and lanky". My NOID white bloomed then took a year off to grow tall and lanky, and is showing no sign of blooming this year either. You should probably stake yours, but give it enough play to sway in the wind--that'll help it grow a stronger trunk.

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Hi Mike,
    I had a Nebel's Gold that was tall and lanky like that. I din't stake it and one day we had very string winds. I went out to find that plumeria blown over(the next day) and in PIECES! I did try to root them, I traded some, and sadly, none rooted AND I lost the main plumeria:(

I too have Scentsational. I got it from a dear friend of mine, and it rooted right away! I am hoping this year it will bloom. Flowers are gorgeous, from the pics I have seen they don't looke like there pure white. I have heard from more than a few people that Scentsational really does describe the scent. CAN'T WAIT!

Andrew

Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Jandy, Andrew.

I did stake it with a bit of play in it.

Andrew, mine bloomed last year and the petals are white with a yellow throat and very aromatic. I hope you get an inflo!!

mike

Original Author
    11 years ago

OK FINE, JUST TAKE MY MONEY AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!,LOL

so for the past month once a week I check my favorite nursery for new plumeria and what do ya know, they got them in.

I picked up 2...today hehe Each was $25
    Inca gold, only one they had so it was a must buy now decision

Jenny

others they had were these

california sunset
    hearts desire
    Devine
    angles touch
    mini white
    premium rainbow

So of these are any of them a must have and by that I mean, "You better go get it before someone who isnt really a plumeria lover walks by and says "hey thats a pretty plant i think Ill buy it" and then get its home not knowing how to care for it, puts in in a pot of Miracle grow, never feeds it, over waters it, leaves it out this winter and kills it, then realizes um maybe it should have brought it in and now someone who is addicted to these things cant have it." Yeah Im that serious, lol.

Mike

• Kenny
    11 years ago

Those are really good buys! I wish they have more Inca Gold as I was contemplating on getting one from eBay today. Ah such luck you have :-)

• pcput
    11 years ago

Hi Mike, What a lucky find. I wish we had sales like that here. We can get a noid no color plant for $30. I think they are still trying to sell the same ones each year. I've never even seen an inflo on one. Maybe they'll put them on sale one day. Congrats on your new babies. Peg

Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks

they had them last year but they didnt move very fast and come july they had marked them down 50%. Thats when I picked up my first JJ's. Its very, very hard for me to stay away from there

k2, these are at Southwood Nursery if you make it over here one day. They have about 30 or so but that was the only Inca.

Mike

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

Divine is really a nice plant and flower. Cal.sunset is basically penang peach.

• nativec
    11 years ago

Mike,

Scentsational is one of my favorites! The smell is out of this world! I often say I want to tape one to my nose so I can smell it all day long...LOL you will love Jenny it's a beauty!

Thank you for sharing!

Nicole

• Kenny
    11 years ago

Hi Mike,

I made it to Southwood after work! It was worth a 90 min drive. You were right, there were lots of JJ plumeria plants there. To my surprise, I found the last Inca Gold with 4 tips and 3 inflos (yay!). I heard a lot of good things about Divine, there were quite a few there as well, most have inflos coming. I picked one with the most buds on the inflo and a thick trunk.

{{gwi:1165761}}

• Kenny
    11 years ago

Those are really good buys! I wish they have more Inca Gold as I was contemplating on getting one from eBay today. Ah such luck you have :-)

• Kenny
    11 years ago

Ah cursed browser back button! It reposted my message on the iPad from earlier today!

Anyway thank you Mike for the info on JJ's plumerias!

Original Author
    11 years ago

That is so awesome!! I didn't see that other Inca. I almost bought that same divine. I may sneak back and get one today. I think you and I will have to spread the word about plumeria in Ok and maybe one day the society will have a sale here or in OKC

Mike

• jandey1
    11 years ago

You lucky ducks!! OMG! What fantastic finds! Yes, K2, that was worth the 90 minute drive--good-looking plants and great cultivar choices.

Mike, from what I hear the Divine is a must-have. Don't know much about the others but I doubt you can go wrong with JJ's.

Now why can't we get those at nurseries in Texas? I think there must be a mafia of Texas NOID plumeria growers keeping JJ's out because NOIDs are everywhere in the summertime. Probably a good thing for me JJ's isn't sold close by, actually, LOL!

• Kenny
    11 years ago

Mike,

I think we should get the words out. I like your idea!

Jen
    I sympathize with you...at least you get lots of choices there, and my, the upcoming PSA sales in Houston and Rosenberg should be festive for any plumieholic at heart. I'll post some pics on the JJ plumies I found at the nursery yesterday. Maybe you can live through my experience as I've lived through your PSA one from last year =)

• plumeriafl
    11 years ago

Divine is a must-have in my book. I would go back for that one.

• elucas101
    11 years ago

LUCK-YYYYYY!!! GREAT SCORES YOU TWO!!!

Original Author
    11 years ago

Well I did go back and get a divine. There was desert sunrise, which I forgot the had, calling my name also.

Mike

Original Author
    11 years ago

This is what I came home to after being gone a week.
    Desert sunrise
    {{gwi:590348}}

it does get a bit lighter in the afternoons.

Mike

• elucas101
    11 years ago

That's a really gorgeous bouquet there, great decision to go back and adopt her!

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions