Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jwhite2947

Question about the July sale in Houston area

jwhite2947
10 years ago

I was planning to make it to Clear Lake for the June sale, but found out this morning that it will not be possible. How does the July sale compare to the June sale? I live in central Arkansas and would like some information before I make the trip. I am really disappointed not to be able to make it for the June sale. I actually made hotel reservations yesterday. Luckily I decided not to save money by making reservations that could not be cancelled. Thanks if you have time to respond.

Joan

Comments (11)

• beachplant
    10 years ago

I think the Ft. Bend sale is a bit smaller but still lots of vendors and plants.
    Barb went to it last year I think. Honeybunny are you out there?
    Sorry you can`t make the sale, I have friends coming down for it, they spend the night on the island, we`re all meeting for dinner at the Spot up on the Seawall that Friday.
    Tally HO!

• jwhite2947
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for replying. I'm really disappointed that I can't make the June sale. My mom is having hip replacement surgery on the 30th and I'm it for helping her. I may avoid the board for the days after June 8 so I won't be too jealous. Hopefully I can make the July sale.

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Gotta take care of mom. I live back in Texas because my mom was in a serious car wreck in 2000 and has been having health issues since then. I was living on a cruise ship and fixin` to move to Paris to work for Silversea cruise line. But you only have one mom
    Tally HO!

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Joan, I went to the second sale in 2011--when they had it in Katy--and the June sale last year. I can't say I saw much difference in their inventories.

I picked up eight plants in 2011 and two in 2012 and felt there were many, many more left behind that would've made me happy. Don't worry, you won't be disappointed by the July sale!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

K and I went to the Ft Bend sale last year. Kwhite, if you want plants, contact the sellers in Houston, pay for them ahead of time thru paypal, They can either mail the plants to you for postage, or you can pick them up at the PSA sale. If you are just 5 minutes late to the psa sale, the best plants are gone. So its best to have pre arranged sales, and the price will be less than what you pay at the PSA sale. Barbra

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Barbra's right--there's no way I could have snagged that huge Lemon Drop if I hadn't pre-paid. On the other hand, I did pick up a very nice 3-tip Heirloom near the close of the sale. The price tag must've scared off the not-serious collectors ;-)

• jwhite2947
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If anyone has time to email me information about Houston sellers who will pre-sale for the July sale, I would appreciate it. I have gone to Emerson's website, but when I try to access the information about the plumerias that are for sale, I get an error code. I would like to attend the sale -- just for the experience, but since I am going to travel about 500 miles one way, I would like to buy some plants ahead of time to be sure I don't go home empty handed. Thanks for all of your replies.

Joan

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Joan I had the list of all the sellers and their contact numbers, but my husband cleaned out his office after he retired and threw out all my information. It took me months to get my friends phone numbers. I did send the information to several folks, maybe someone can help you. You can contact Emmerson, by email , and Tex you can call on his old phone number 409 767 8135m but he has moved from Texas and now lives in Homestead Fl, l will list what Barbara Randolph has for sale, she is getting a price list together for me, and I will list the information if you like, or you can email me for it. Barbra

• jwhite2947
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Barbara, thank you for your reply. Jandey kindly sent me the contact information for several sellers. I will email you so you can reply if you would like to send the list. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out. I am not sure about emailing from the forum. If it doesn't go through, please excuse me.

Joan

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Joan, after I sent it I found out Tex and Kay Norwood have moved to Florida Colors, so that info is no longer valid. But they should be at at least one of the shows, so maybe call Florida Colors directly with your special requests.

• pcput
    10 years ago

For all of you lucky to be going to sales in TX. Here is want Tex posted on FB;
    "Tex Norwood
    YEA!!! Finally ready for Texas!! We are leaving for Texas in the morning, (Wednesday the 29th). The trailer is ready and all the Plants for the Texas PSA Sale ( more info at www.theplumeriasociety.org ) will be loaded tonight. Well over 500 plants are making the trip, and the list keeps growing as Carol and Kay keep adding to the list. I need a bigger trailer! We are bringing grafted plants, rooted plants, And cutting. Stop by Saturday June 8th, Our Florida Colors table letter is "O". If you've never been to a PSA sale it is an experience you will never forget!

We are looking forward to seeing all our Plumeria Friends!!!"

Hope you all find great buys there. :) Peg

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH