Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Still cannot find rooted 'Bill Moragne' plumeria!

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

I should have bought it on Ebay...it was something you could bid on but I didn't and now I regret it.

Florida colors isn't offering it this year. They didn't opffer it last year either due to there tree being damaged by a freak frost.

BBB has unrooted cuttings. I could by from him and send to FC to have it grafted but I would much rather buy one that was ready to go!

IF anyone knows of where I could find one, please let me know...it would be greatly appreciated!

Andrew

Comments (22)

• joanr
    11 years ago

Andrew,

I could look at the PSA sale on 6/9 for one for you. Let me know. Joan

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Email Bloomingplumerias on Ebay. If fuzzy has it he will sell to you direct outside of ebay.

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Joan,
    That would be great! I would really apreciate it! Just let me know and if they have it, I will Pay Pal the $$ to you. I will let you know if I can find it before the 9th.

Hi James,
    I emailed you about a month or so ago, not sure if you got it or not. My computer was acting up there for a while. I will email Bloomingplumerias but I did try to buy a plumeria he was supposed to auction off and all he said was that the plumeria I wanted, would be up for auction again:(

Thanks for all the help. I am curious though..is the reason why this variety seems so eluxive because it's so hard to propogate?

I also was wondering about the growth habit. I was told it sprawls a lot and doesn't bloom regularly, though I suppose it depends on where you live.

I just wonder if this is a bad variety for me, but I do love the flowers!

Andrew

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Andrew, I will check for you this weekend, when I go to Corpus. I will buy it if anyone has a Bill Moragne. I was told that the rooted cuttings would be $20 to $30, but $30 would be a very rare plant. I will post when I get back on June 2nd. I am so excited that I have been invited to go. Barbra

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hey Andrew!!!

I hope you find your Bill Moragne.

It sure is a beauty and i know how frustrated you are that you didnt pick it up before.. You will find one!!

I really love this forum!! Everyone is so helpful!!

Have a great night everyone!!!

Laura

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Andrew,

My Bill does not grow that fast but it does bloom for me every year. I bought my Bill Morange from Sonia in 2007, I believe that she told me she purchased it from Teas Nursery in Texas several years earlier when it was still open. Bill M when it blooms has HUGE inflos that bloom to the size of beach ball sometimes. If you can get it from the PSA sale then Id go for it, but Fuzzy aka Bloomingplumerias usually has larger rooted plants. If not Upland Nursery in Tustin Ca has Grafted 5 gal Bills, call them and see if they can ship a rooted one if the PSA Sale and Fuzzy do not pan out. Cheers

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

My Bill Moragne died. Sadly I can't help you.

• joanr
    11 years ago

Andrew,

I can definitely look a the PSA sale on 6/9 if Barbra doesn't find one earlier especially at the price she was quoted. I did notice that 1-stop has a cutting on ebay but it is not rooted. The one I hope to find should be a rooted cutting and it may cost more but I won't know till I get there. Joan

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Joan, do you know if they've made up the sales list for the June show yet? I keep checking the site and can't find the pdf. If you email me with details of where you'll be I'll stop by to say hello.

Jen

• joanr
    11 years ago

Jandey,

My sister said they should have the list up after 5/31. People have to send in a final list of what they plan to sell by then but I think some still bring other plants too.

I will send you an email once I know where I will be helping that day.

Joan

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Joan,
    Please let me know about Bill Moragne(if it's listed or not), that way I can send you the $$ before you go.

I really appreciate all your help! Time to move more plumeria outdoors. With temps these next 4 days in the 80's and 60's at night, I think it's finally safe!

Andrew

• joanr
    11 years ago

Andrew,

I will let you know as soon as I find out. Keep watching this thread :) Joan

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Will do..thanks again!
    Andrew

• nativec
    11 years ago

Andrew

Upland nursery has the Bill M. For $20.00. Good luck on your quest!

:) Nicole

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Nicole,
    Unless I'm wrong, there website does have it listed but I pretty sure it's not rooted.

The ironic part is that I bid on a Bill M. on Ebay for $24.00 but it was accidental. I got to excited and didn't realize it wasn't rooted either:(

Andrew

• nativec
    11 years ago

Andrew,

If you call Upland and check they might have rooted, it will cost a bit more but worth a try if rooted is what you are looking for. Maybe someone else will outbid you on eBay...LOL. Keep hope alive:) you'll find it!

• stormys_mom
    11 years ago

Andrew Good luck with your search for Bill. Ebays ok but with the way I work, I always get outbid :( I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Jackie

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Bill, I just got home, Frank did not have a Bill Moragne. Barbra

• pcput
    11 years ago

Congrats Andrew !!! I see you were outbid at the last minute on your Bill Moragne cutting. At least that fixed your ops. Send me an email, I have a question. Peg

• Andrew Scott
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Peg,
    Yep, I lost at the lost minute but I bid and won the Apricot that Laura posted pics of! She really raved and RAVED about this variety so I am thrilled I got it..and it comes with an inflo!!

I will email you later on today...just drop me a note if I forget. I have a busy day today. I have a follow up with my nurosurgeon today. Should know today if I will have another surgery to remove the broken titanium screw:( Man, I hope this will be the last surgery for a while!

Andrew

• joanr
    11 years ago

Andrew,

Do you still want me to try to get a Bill Moragne for you at the sale Saturday. If so, send me an email with what your top price is. I can ship priority 2 day to get it to you fast. Will have to see what that cost is.

Joan

• rjcantor
    11 years ago

Did you ever get this? There's another one on ebay...