Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunseeker53

Sharing Hawaii plumeria pictures

sunseeker53
12 years ago

Hi everyone!

I am back from my trip to Oahu and would like to share some plumeria pictures I took over there. Enjoy!

{{gwi:1166099}}

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

{{gwi:1166101}}

{{gwi:1166102}}

{{gwi:1166103}}

{{gwi:1166104}}

{{gwi:1166105}}

{{gwi:1166107}}

{{gwi:1166108}}

{{gwi:1166110}}

Comments (15)

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    12 years ago

Wow! Just super shots! Such a nice sampling
    Of blooms.

• isobea
    12 years ago

Oh look at these big, healthy trees and beautiful flowers!
    Next time you go, can I go with you? I promise to roll up into a tight little ball that will fit into your suitcase.
    Thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us. I keep thinking Hawaii wouldn't be a bad place to live. Here in Carlsbad it was 58F today, and we got 1/2 inch of cold rain. My plumerias were shivering and dreaming of the tropics...
    Iso

• Gram_Gardener
    12 years ago

These pictures are absolutely incredible! I didn't even know plumeria could grow a huge trunk like that . . . amazing! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing these pictures!!!

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    12 years ago

Does that first one have a name?? Amazing colors.

• sunseeker53
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't know the name on any of them, could only guess some of them, for example the 3rd and 4th pictures I think were Kaneohe Sunburst because I picked up the blooms from the ground and got a close look at them.
    The 1st picture was taken in a neighborhood we were just driving around to admire the trees and I was blown away by the color.
    From the 5th picture on, they're from the Dean Conklin Plumeria Grove.

• labland
    12 years ago

As far as the first ine a name? I just got back from the North Shore yesterday. This variety, what ever the name is all over on the north shore, it is a shame, they don't know the names, no need to fertilize. They just cut them off and plant new ones, ignore and they get HUGE. Perfect setting for plumerias. No plumeria societies. So sad. But so beautiful to see them everywhere, the Singapore Whites get so big, they just cut the branches off, standing about 5' tall, with new leave and inflos popping out of a 1" trunk! Crazy! Jennifer in La Verne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone...

Sunseeker....Beautiful pictures!!

I love all of the colors...great pics!!

Those trunks are huge...I did get to see some large trunks when i was out in Costa Mesa... Never had seen trunks that large before!!

One tree that comes to mind..Psycho and the Guillots Sunset (California Sally too!) Trunks were the size of live Oaks here on the East Coast..lol...Unbelievable..

I'm glad you had a great visit in Hawaii!!

Thanks for sharing those beauties with us...

Hi to Jen...hope your visit to HI was a relaxing trip for you...we all need some R&R...lol

Hi Iso!!!

Take Care Everyone...

Laura in VB

• jandey1
    12 years ago

Conversation with hubby yesterday as I show him sunseeker's pics:

I say,"Honey, look at what we could see in Hawaii!"
    "Wow. Those are beautiful--what are they?"
    "Plumerias," I say.
    "Really?! They get that big?!" he says, nervously glancing at my growing collection of sticks in the garden. "Do they ever use those for leis?"
    I say with exasperation, "YES. Plumeria ARE lei flowers. Do you even hear me when I talk about plants?" (eye roll)

...and this is why I need to find some plumeria friends to form a club--LOL!!

• isobea
    12 years ago

Hi Jennifer and Laura, I may have some good news: My husband told me he wants to apply for a new job (same company) and part of his new territory would be Hawaii! He would "have to" go there 2 or 3 times a year. And where is the problem in this? My one and only question: can the wife go?
    Can't wait,
    Iso

• labland
    12 years ago

Iso,

Great news! You must find out more! What does your hubby do/ work for? Jennifer

• sunseeker53
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OMG Iso, can you imagine going plumeria shopping while he's at work? :-)

• isobea
    12 years ago

Soory it took me so long to respond guys, but today was move-out day at our son's university and it was a zoo...
    Jen, my husband is a sales rep, but it's not a done deal yet. I hope, I didn't jump the gun. But sunseeker, you are so right, I was sooo excited. I love Hawaii anyway and was already dreaming about where to go and what I would want to buy (yes, I've been reading other posts and collecting info). Keep your fingers crossed for me.
    In the meantime, I'll have to go to Germany first (5-26 to 6-19). Don't get too excited about that - I'm going to help my mom ...
    Take care everyone and have a great Sunday.
    Iso

• kiwilad55
    12 years ago

Aloha - beautiful photos - thanks for sharing. Mahalo.

• labland
    12 years ago

Iso,

Good luck in Germany. I understand. I spend many a visit in Hawaii helping my mom. Good luck and try to enjoy your trip. Jennifer

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hello Everyone...

Hi Iso,

Have a great trip to Germany....Hug your mom tightly and give her extra kisses!!!

I hope that your hubby will get that job in Hawaii!! We'll keep our fingers crossed....

We can all visit and help you go shopping for Plumies!!
    Then we can really get into another frenzy!!! LOL...

Love all of the pics from Hawaii...those blooms are just beautiful...AWWW.....to smell them now!!! Then to watch the sunset over the Pacific....what a day!!!

Hi Jen...I hope all is well with you...been thinkinng about you and will be in touch!!!

Great pictures Sunseeker...they are real beauties!!!

Take care everyone!!

Laura in VB

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz