plumeriafl

Gloria Schmidt

plumeriafl
11 years ago

First time blooming for me.

Comments (21)

• pcput
    11 years ago

Wooooooooooo!!! Nice !!! How does it smell good too? Do we know her name? Peg

• joanr
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh, that is absolutely beautiful. I got a rooted cutting this year so I will defintely look forward to it blooming.

Does it smell as good as it looks?

Joan

• loveterriers
    11 years ago

Congrats!!!!
    She is so beautiful....

• elucas101
    11 years ago

OH WOW!!! Just amazing! Thanks so much for sharing that - you just made me "ooooohhhh" and "aaahhhhhh"! What a great array of colors in all of the blooms, it's like 4 different flowers in one!

I was generously gifted a cutting so thanks for making me really look forward to that some day! How long have you had this plant?

How long have you had that plumie?

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

That is gorgeous! I, too, would like to know the scent. Googling around, I've seen that it is suppose to be sweet scented. If that's the case, I may need to search for one. It could very well be one that my husband would like.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Plumeriafl,

This is why i fell in love with Plumeria!!!

The colors are absolutely intoxicating....

Take me away... : )

Simply Beautiful!!!

I hope my blooms will be half as lovely as yours...

Thank you for sharing this lovely treasure!!

Laura

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

Wow, you sure have something to be proud of!
    The journey continues, as your plant grows so do the amount of blooms you have!
    The colors are so amazing!
    Thank you for sharing,
    Stuart aka Tropic~7

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

there is no substitute for heat and humidity. I never get that rich of color in California. I am jealous.

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

Great coloration on that one! Does it fade in full sun?

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Congrats--that is a stunning bloom!

• plumeriafl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone. My Gloria Schmidt came as a gift cutting when I purchased a different variety from someone about two years ago, and to tell the truth I wasn't expecting a whole lot from it based on pictures I had seen online, but I have been so pleasantly surprised by the vibrant colors.

In regards to scent, mine is not strongly scented. It is a pleasant sweet scent, but very faint. This is not one I would recommend for the person who places much importance on scent.

• plumeriafl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a picture I had took a few days ago with my iPhone, when the first flowers were opening. It's not photoshopped - The blue color behind is my Toyota Prius! :) The color of the flowers is probably truer in this picture. The first picture I posted makes them look a little more orange than they are.

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

It's good to get such a strong yellow and pink/red together in one bloom. What are your daytime temps like? I'm sure the heat affects this one?

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Dang, that's beautiful! She's been on my "If I had a bigger yard" list for some time but that's the best photo I've seen of her by far. Thanks for sharing it!

Emily, lucky you to have that to look forward to! Can I come over and visit yours when it blooms? ;)

• plumeriafl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Highs have been in the mid-high 80s, lows in the low 70s. And outside of winter, humidity is nearly always high in Florida, or in most of Florida anyway.

• Minderella
    11 years ago

Where in Florida do you live? I live north of Orlando. I love seeing pics of all the beautiful Plumerias. I just got my first cutting this year.

• plumie_girl
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Love the colors. And I wasn't going to buy anymore this year! ;o)

• Kenny
    11 years ago

plumeriafl,

What magnificent blooms! I got a Gloria Schmidt cutting from JL last month and it developed an inflo while rooting. I decided to keep the inflo but as of today (6.5 weeks along), it has roots but the inflo stem is wilting away before any flowers flourish.

I think plumerias do have minds of their own. In the end it's really not up to us to decide if they should keep the inflos after all. I'm sure my GS knows what's best for it during the rooting process.

I'm kinda bummed out I don't get to see my GS blooms but I'm glad to see a GS blooms from you! Thank you for sharing! :)

• stormys_mom
    11 years ago

Simply breathtaking. I am a newbie, but fast becomming addictated. Pictures like this, just add to the addiction lol

Jackie

• elucas101
    11 years ago

This is exactly the kind of bloom that just knocks your socks off and gets you hooked on plumeria. There's no other flowers out there like it. Each time I see that picture I think, "wow!"

Jen, of course you can come by and visit her LOL! You'll be first on the list for cuttings in a few years if you wait that long! HAHAHA! And great news, I saw a tiny leaf coming up on her today! More thasn a claw,just shy of a 1/2".

K2fl, I agree, they do what they are programmed to do, regardless. Plus the weather, with or without info, size of cutting, the tree they came form, etc., so many factors. Because of the size of the cuttings and the temps being juuuust a bit higher, I have cuttings rooting faster than the ones I planted way before them.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

I just bought Gloria Schmidt this Saturaday when I went to Corpus. It was one of 5 plants I bought. Barbra