Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
JJ at Lowe's

Posted by uglyhair (My Page) on
Mon, May 19, 14 at 17:03

Check your local Lowe's for JJ plumeria.....Ventura store got them today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: JJ at Lowe's

Gadzooks, will be calling off work early today. LoL.

o

scored SuperNova, Captivate, Incognito, Premium Pink (loaded w/inflos), Temptation.....all in all a great day! roxanne

o

Scored a J105!! Almost picked up Incognito, but decided to be thrifty. Still looking for a Desert Sunrise ... more stores to hit tomorrow!

o

Managed to snag a Captivate. Looks like a better version of Penang Peach (already have 2 haha). The Lowes in Rancho Cucamonga has Xanadu, Angels Touch, Thumbelina, and of course Divine.
The Xanadu had a quite a strong scent; It was like buttered popcorn with a bit of peaches mixed in.

o
Does JJ makes it to Lowes in Houston

Does anyone know if Lowe's in Houston carry JJ and if so when they start arriving?

o

Lowe's around Phoenix started getting them this week.

o

and behind door /gate number 1........

o

Here is the score all with their happy faces on. ... and 2 were not even on my wish list. Ahhhhh the temptation of it all....ooopppss....got that one too. roxanne

o

Jeff,

Check out Buchanan's Native Plants in Houston, Maas in Seabrook, Turner's GardenLand in Corpus Christi, and Water Garden Gems in San Antonio.

They just got some beauties!

o

Roxanne - lucky you! I didn't see any reds or true pinks, really, at the Lowes near me (no premium any color, either) -- except for the J105 that I picked up (which is more of a rainbow?). So far, in the several Lowes that I've gone through, I've seen J105, Jenny, Incognito, Thumbelina, Mini-White, Divine, Xanadu, Lemon Ice ... that's all I can remember at the moment!

o

Congratulations!!!

You all did great..

I guess I'll go visit my Lowes and buy..... " tomato plants.." ;-)

Have fun You all!!!!

Laura

o
RE: JJ at Lowe's - Huntington Beach update

Well, I checked a Lowes in Irvine yesterday, nothing. Today on the way home I visited the Lowes near home in Huntington Beach. Very disappointing, a table full of lots of plants but all Lemon Ice and Mini White, nothing else.... very disappointing :(

o

Sorry MJ,

The Lowes in Oxnard basically only got Divine.....sad

o

The Lowe's on Limonite in Eastvale only had a few Angel's Touch and Divine left last night around 6:00. Ultra pathetic. Too bad I have to work so I can't check other stores out.

Roxanne, great score! I'm looking for a Premium Pink after smelling the large one at Parkview, had a wonderful floral scent. Temptation is a beautiful flower, good choice.

o

Temptation may not be that color here on the coast BUT it was loaded with inflos. I am not sure if all the premium pinks are the same, no marks on stems this year. I did see a premium pink/white...only 1 info though on a 5 tip tree.

It is getting to be all about "who wants to be an easy happy bloomer " for me now days in the hunt. roxanne

o

I went back to the Lowes where I got my J105, and all that was left was Xanadu (a bunch of them!) and a couple Jennys. Everywhere else has been only Thumbalina, Mini-White, and Divine (and a couple of Lemon Ices here and there). So, I agree, not as exciting as I hoped. But there will be more shipments throughout the summer, and there is also Home Depot to check (anyone gone there yet??).

o

Simi Valley only got California Sunset, Dvine and Thumbalina, but I had a talk with the Lowes buyer and the seller (and they wanted to know who this "Roxanne" was - I had to tell them the epic story - of the great Allison's nursery order changing accomplishments, and how it had paved the way for the mighty Roxanne person they'd all heard about and the way she built an incredible army and network of Lowe's plumeria buyers reporting back to her and each other!), and hopefully we'll get more next week. Didn't see too many in Burbank, but I'll be checking back. Hoping to snag a Captivate.

o

The seller and buyer asked for popcorn as I told them the powerful and compelling story - it was very moving! Thanks again, Allison and Roxanne!

o

SIMI....you are too funny and make a great story writer....I see a sit-com in this whole adventure. My guy up here is talking to the rep tomorrow...fingers crossed and will look out for Captivate. still laughing, roxanne

o

Better luck today ... Scored a Jubilee!

o

must look up Jubilee...

o

Mesa AZ, got a shipment early today. They have a few.

o

Another day ... another find ... a one-gallon Firestorm (for $13!!)

o

wow!!! Are you getting great stuff....Ours got another shipment today, he called me , I ran up and out of 20, all Divine, Thumbalina, Delightful and 2 premium un named pinks and 2 unnamed yellows. you are scoring! roxanne

o

I'm workin' for it, though ... LOL. I keep leaving to run "errands" (which involves me speeding along to the next closest Lowes and back and then sneaking the plant into the backyard through the back gate!) I've been to a bunch so far. And I've waded though many, many Divines, Thumbalinas, Lemon Ices, and Mini-whites. The ones I've found so far were the only "special" ones in the group ... so I bought them. LOL

Still would love a Captivate, and still looking for a Desert Sunrise (*ahem*, I'm lookin' at *you*, Universe!)

o

BTW...the ones shipped in today, no inflos whatsoever compared to the shipment Monday almost every one had inflos and more.

o

Found Captivates at HD on Euclid and Riverside in Ontario. Landed on that has seven tips :) and another with three tips and an inflo. This HD does not move its plumeria very quickly. They have them in with the tropical plants on the "inside" garden. The HD on Mountain and 8th in Upland had several Desert Sunrise on Wednesday.

o

Daogirl - that's an astounding deal! Congratulations! Firestorm is one of my favorites - big flowers with incredible colors that are even beautiful when they fade. Mine more than doubled the number of tips since last year, it's a good grower. An inflo on almost every tip. Really nice scent. Only criticism (based on a single year) is that the inflo didn't last very long. Let's see this year. Congrats on that one!

o

I see one called Diva. This one looks tempting, but will only get it if it has an exceptional quality like extremely fragrant or floriferous. Anyone else get it?

o

I'm at the lowes in Anaheim off the 91. Divine, angels touch, cal sunset, and Devine are here. I'm buying the only thumbalina thanks to you bad influences. The ca sunset has four tips and I'm tempted, but don't even need this thumbalina.

o

Ocnites - weird about the HD in Upland. I found the Jubilee in there on Weds and there were definitely no Desert Sunrises ... I must've just missed getting one. Drat!

Simi - I'm excited for Firestorm! It's only a single tip, and no inflo yet, but I couldn't pass it up - especially for that price.

o

Just left the Oxnard Lowes...they did get another shipment like Ventura did..All the same stuff...the 3 that keep being mentioned....BUT way in the back was 1 and only one...Dulcemia...don't have that one, do now. Let the hunt continue...roxanne

o

Yay! Found a Captivate! Also grabbed a 1 tip 1gal Jenny with an inflo. Upland Lowes also got in another shipment -- all Divines except for 2 Thumbalinas.

o

so how many Divines, Thumbalinas are there in the world?

o

I just read the JJ facebook post that talks about the fact there are mostly Divines and Mini-Whites out there right now - apparently, they are the fastest to root. Other plumeria will show up as the summer progresses ... so, it's not over yet ... :D

o

shipment #3 showed up today at Simi and Ventura. None added in Oxnard. Not all divines or thumbalinas this time.....get there when you can. Any one know the code for sps23 or 25? roxanne

o

In SImi, there was a Bird of Paradise and some Dulcemias, all with inflos.

o

George...I do want that Bird of Paradise.... only if you end up going back....trade that Calif. Sunset for the info one... :-)))

o

daogirl, i went back to the Lowes in Rancho and I immediatly thought of your post after seeing the new shipment of JJs there. Hah! It was a sea of Divines and I only saw one other variety, Xanadu.

o

Heh. I managed to find a 2 gallon Whirlwind with an inflo earlier this week, but that's the last non-Divine, Thumbalina, Mini-white, or premium color that I've seen. Will keep doing the rounds, though!

o

my thoughts exactly @daogirl, until yesterday on a whim i stopped by murrieta lowes and scored a JJ purple jack and an el corazon....i was pinching myself. I went by JJ nursery this week and one of the workers showed me the greenhouse of plants that are going out to stores...many different varieties than what we have seen thus far, but they (JJ) aren't price matching this year...im mad i didnt take pics in the greenhouse >:(
keep checking back at lowe's because it's only just begun, my local ones said to check on fridays and mondays..hope this helps someone score a rare one for a great price! :)

both my closest HDs don't have any yet...

o

our Lowes in Oxnard and Ventura also get the deliveries THRU Coreys on Mondays and Fridays.....

o

Hmmm ... Sitting here at HD with Purple Jack, El Corazon, Dulcemia, and a compact premium pink with inflo. I can't get them all today ... choices, choices ...

o

wow!!!! Our Home Depots up here NEVER get them!

o

I think I'm leaving El Corazon behind ... would rather use that money for something else. I also didn't pick up Supernova - so, I'm only getting 3 today. What restraint!! LOL

o

Daogirl..

What a score!!!!

Purple jack.. Wish list for me.. Congratulations !! Supernova. Wow! I couldn't leave it, you do have great restraint!!! Good for you!!!

Laura.

o

I also went to Lowes today, but it was mostly Divines, a couple Incognitos, and a single Jubilee, which I have.

Roxanne - that's weird that your HD doesn't have JJ. It's actually the first place that I ever saw a JJ plumeria. Sometimes HD puts them in weird places, though - like inside with the houseplants.

Laura - thank you! I'm only kind of thinking about going back to get a supernova. LOL

Hollis

o

Here's my Lowes/HD haul so far ... And it's only the beginning of June. Yikes!

Out of these, every single one has at least one inflo (Elsie and Whirlwind are blooming already), except for Purple Jack and Firestorm.

o

My God, Daogirl, you made a killing! What an incredible bunch you picked up. Congrats!!

o

Ditto, SimiDude!! That is quite an impressive row of tags! Great hunting, daogirl!

o

Okay Dao....I got soooo excited when 1 of my 3 Premium Pinks opened up...it is pale yellow white though. Faint scent and I am hoping it is due to the coastal climate. Each tip has inflos and 2 more plants to open and see what they are. Going to bring the bloom up to the computer to see if I can find it on the catalog/site. Checking again on Wednesday. You have certainly gotten some great ones. roxanne

o

Roxanne, I saw a lot of plumeria blooming at HD/Lowes that were really washed out & didn't look anything like they were supposed to - I think it definitely is the temps. But, I guess there's always a chance it was mislabeled. Is there a marking on the trunk?

o

no...wished there was.

o

You guys are so lucky..

I am enjoying the stories and the great buys..

PLEASE!! Can someone pass me some more popcorn? Oh, I'll refresh the iced tea.... ;-)

Good stuff....

Laura

o

Ditto Mrs.Laura!!
you guys are killing me!! Really like Firestorm!

o

Roxanne,

Have you thought about emailing John with pictures? Maybe once the inflo has fully opened? He told me that the premium colors aren't always named varieties on the website, but he has a database of all his plants that he can reference. It might take awhile, but you'll probably get an answer.

o

mahalo dao...thought I would try that eventually. Still wish our stores would get some of those cool ones your's got.

o

Roxanne - I love your blue sea star hanging on your gate! I meant to mention that earlier! It's beautiful!

o

It was from Home Goods.....got 6 of them in different shapes and sizes...mahalos, roxanne

o

I feel so bad for you all, running your little feet off like that. If you lived over here, you wouldn't have that problem. :)

Sooo, who bought what today? lol

o

• Posted by CAST1 9b Arizona (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 0:40

Lowes in Arizona are selling them like crazy. These are $30 I believe

o

Hoping they will show here in Texas!! Some good looking plants.

o

great! Now I have our Tucson friends looking.....on there way to Ventura.. ;-)

o

No new shipments here. Lowes and HD have some new plumeria, but they are the locally grown generic (pink, red, yellow) kinds.

o

• Posted by WBDB Sunset 19 USDA 10a (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 17:19

This thread has got my wife and I excited for plumeria, we checked a couple of Lowe's and found a slim selection, but there was one JJ Dragon Tears. Does this flower color well in hot inland climes? Thanks, Dave

o

AAAAAH!! I FOUND IT!!

Inland empire people - the new JJ shipment went to HD only, as far as I can tell. (I'm done with my hunt for this round, so I can tell you all that :) )

I picked up Red Jack (2 gal), SuperRound (2 gal with inflo) and .... wait for it ... Desert Sunrise! YES!!!

Big selection this time - although I picked up the only Red Jack, SR, and DS that I saw, I also saw more Purple Jack, El Corazon, Diva, lots of blooming Elsies, Dynamite, Jubilee, Supernova, Bird of Paradise, and some others that I'm blanking on right now.

o

JJ posted information on his blog about his shipping to retail stores... I'm not sure when he posted it, but in the post he said "Just to tease you, there will be 2 Xquisites out there, somewhere, next week, both budded."

I wonder where they went... :)

~Bob

o

Ok, I made a list of all the varieties that I have seen at Lowes/HD this year. I'd definitely like to thank the workers that have been packing the trucks! LOL

(And no, I didn't buy all of them ... only some!)

Angel's Touch
Bird of Paradise
California Sunset
Captivate
Desert Sunrise
Diva
Divine
Dragon's Tears
Dulcemia
Dynamite
El Corazon
Elsie
Fantasy
Firestorm
Fool's Gold
Incognito
J105
Jenny
Jubilee
Ken's White
Lemon Ice
Mini-White
Nevita
Panitta's Red
Purple Jack
Red Jack
Sahara
Supernova
SuperRound
Thai Jade
Thumbalina
Whirlwind
Xanadu

Premium Yellow
Premium Yellow-white
Premium Pink
Premium Pink-White
(No Premium Red)

o

we had 13 of those you mentioned at our Lowes.....roxanne

o

Ok so this might be kind of sad but I've gone to 7 different Lowes in 2 states (alabama and florida) and this is what I bought.
Elsie, Firestorm X 2, Super Round, Sahara, Thai Splash, Fools Gold and I think the last one was called a LBR2.

Plus I just received my Raspberry Sundae from Florida Colors.

I think I'm done for now.....

o

SCORE!!!!!!!!!

o

I think that last code is Dulcemia. Out of curiosity, were your Firestorms 1 gallon or 2 gallon?

I haven't seen Thai Splash around here -- what an awesome find!!

o

Ok.. Needing some more popcorn.... As I pick myself off of the floor..

LMAO!!

You guys and gals make my mouth drool.. Seriously!! Addicts at their best and we/ I want to play!!

Mona.. You make me laugh.. ;-)

bravo to the one person who visited two states.. OMG. I think you have the bug!!

You all have done great..

Seriously.. Awesome. Now, pass the popcorn!

Laura

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 9:05

Bob

One of the xquisite's came here to Tulsa. Kenny picked it up. Another was posted about in Florida and California so at least 3 went out. Maybe more.

mike

o

There are 10+ 1 gallon Purple Jacks at the HD in Rialto (on Foothill), if anyone is looking to pick one up for under $15. All single-tip, no inflos (yet). This HD also had some Jennys, Delightfuls, Premium Pinks, Xanadu, and Thai Jade.

o

Daogirl all of these were 1 gallon square pots. I couldn't believe I found Thai Splash either. The Lowes in mobile alabama has three of them left but one looked really rough. Lowes waters them everyday here and puts them under the covered portion of the outdoor garden section. I had told them so many times not to water them everyday but they don't listen. I'm going to check now to see if your right about the Dulcemia....it would be nice to put an actual name with it.

Laura I definitely have the bug and have had it for years...I seriously can't help it, haha.

o

Ok so the name of it is LRB2 and here is a pic. It's not Dulcemia though.

o

Went on the tear with Quaching last night and picked up a Firestorm, Super round, California sunset, and an LRB2. Not too shabby for a one nighter. All came from 4 different Lowe's

o

Went on the tear with Quaching last night and picked up a Firestorm, Super round, California sunset, and an LRB2. Not too shabby for a one nighter. All came from 4 different Lowe's

o

GGGGRRRR....we did not get that good of stuff.....oh well, next years hunt....

o

Quaching - I might've misread JJ's Facebook post - I thought someone had asked about that code and he said it was Dulcemia, but now I see the code they asked about was LBR2. I bet you could email him or post on the JJ facebook page and he would be able to tell you pretty easily what it is. I've yet to dig around my Premium Pink to see if there's a trunk code anywhere. It's about to bloom, though, so I'm trying not to mess with it!!

o

Daogirl you were right. I actually have a LRB2 which JJ said is the Dulcemia. So thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I will label it Dulcemia even though the color doesn't really match what he has on the website. In Alabama we normally get lighter colors at times so maybe it will still darken, even though I really like my pic more then the Dulcemia he has on his website.

o

I have definitely seen big discrepancies in color between the photos and the actual plants because of temps, humidity, light, etc. My Dulcemia is really close to blooming - I'll post pictures when it does!

o

Daogirl, please do....I'm curious to see if your's looks like mine or if your plumeria will be a darker color.

o

anybody seen any in Texas?

o

none in Texas that I can find. Our local nursery had them last year but none this year.
:(
Tally HO!

o

get thee to Lowes AGAIN!!!!! Scored 7 today between Ventura and Oxnard....now sneaking them in, names later....YAHOOO!!! roxanne

o

LOL Roxanne!! Can't wait to hear what you found!

o

score was: Big 3 tipped and blooming Temptation, Big 5 tipped not blooming Jubilee, Big 3 tipped no blooms Dynamite, Small blooming Jenny BUT squishy...what shall I do...tips look good, Big 3 tipped and blooming J-105 and a small 2 tipped no blooms Firestorm and a big 2 tipped no blooms Bird of Paradise...7 total...YIKES! roxanne

o

None in Austin that I can see. :(

Found some neglected looking desert roses yesterday at HD but that's all. There aren't even any of the generic plumies that Lowes and HD usually get in summer here.

Guess I'll have to do like Allison and make friends with a nursery owner or manager to get a JJ's shipment.

o

jandey,

if you do let me know I can add to that order for sure!!!

o

Here is the inflo from yesterday's score at Lowes of J105. roxanne

o

I'm loving my J-105.

Er, and I might've picked up a second Desert Sunrise today that was blooming :D

o

Here's my Dulcemia - it's got that first-bloom weird petal shape going on. I love the thin pink line running down the center of the petals.

o

Daogirl I love the colors on your Dulcemia. The colors on mine are really light but I still love the texture on mine too. Wish it had the darker orange though. Thanks for posting your pic so I can see the difference and potential mine has in the future.

o

Dang you people... Went to lowes in Anaheim today and got a little Purple Jack and Desert Sunrise.
They also had some Inca Gold, el Cabazon or something red, one written "Crazy" on the stem, a couple Jenny, divine, and a couple more I can't remember. They were going fast!

o

Great haul, Roxanne! I love Temptation so much that I have three of them. I also just picked up Dynamite, actually two of them since I have never seen it before and El Corazon. The HD in San Bernardino had them in full sun and the Dynamites have some sunburned leaves. The HD in Eastvale has them inside and soggy wet, I don't know which is harder on the poor green house raised plants! So far my favorite blooms are the Laredo Princess and the Xquisite that I got from Parkview. Jubilee and Captivate are rather pale and small so far, we'll have to see how they progress.

o

Is anyone growing the one called "Red Jack"? I would appreciate any photos if possible.

Thanks a bunch.

Kasie

o

Been thinking about the red jack as well. Says it is very compact and I am needing some smaller ones.

o

TOOMANYDOGS....IF you see a Laredo Princess w/inflos....I will buy it from you thru George......on my list..... roxanne

o

Ok, Roxanne, you're on! If I see a Laredo Princess it will be yours! Smells great and keeps on blooming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here