Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
uglyhair

JJ at Lowe's

uglyhair
9 years ago

Check your local Lowe's for JJ plumeria.....Ventura store got them today.

Comments (101)

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

Roxanne, I saw a lot of plumeria blooming at HD/Lowes that were really washed out & didn't look anything like they were supposed to - I think it definitely is the temps. But, I guess there's always a chance it was mislabeled. Is there a marking on the trunk?

• rox146
    9 years ago

no...wished there was.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

You guys are so lucky..

I am enjoying the stories and the great buys..

PLEASE!! Can someone pass me some more popcorn? Oh, I'll refresh the iced tea.... ;-)

Good stuff....

Laura

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Ditto Mrs.Laura!!
    you guys are killing me!! Really like Firestorm!

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

Roxanne,

Have you thought about emailing John with pictures? Maybe once the inflo has fully opened? He told me that the premium colors aren't always named varieties on the website, but he has a database of all his plants that he can reference. It might take awhile, but you'll probably get an answer.

• rox146
    9 years ago

mahalo dao...thought I would try that eventually. Still wish our stores would get some of those cool ones your's got.

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

Roxanne - I love your blue sea star hanging on your gate! I meant to mention that earlier! It's beautiful!

• rox146
    9 years ago

It was from Home Goods.....got 6 of them in different shapes and sizes...mahalos, roxanne

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    9 years ago

I feel so bad for you all, running your little feet off like that. If you lived over here, you wouldn't have that problem. :)

Sooo, who bought what today? lol

• CAST1
    9 years ago

Lowes in Arizona are selling them like crazy. These are $30 I believe

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Hoping they will show here in Texas!! Some good looking plants.

• rox146
    9 years ago

great! Now I have our Tucson friends looking.....on there way to Ventura.. ;-)

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

No new shipments here. Lowes and HD have some new plumeria, but they are the locally grown generic (pink, red, yellow) kinds.

• WBDB
    9 years ago

This thread has got my wife and I excited for plumeria, we checked a couple of Lowe's and found a slim selection, but there was one JJ Dragon Tears. Does this flower color well in hot inland climes? Thanks, Dave

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

AAAAAH!! I FOUND IT!!

Inland empire people - the new JJ shipment went to HD only, as far as I can tell. (I'm done with my hunt for this round, so I can tell you all that :) )

I picked up Red Jack (2 gal), SuperRound (2 gal with inflo) and .... wait for it ... Desert Sunrise! YES!!!

Big selection this time - although I picked up the only Red Jack, SR, and DS that I saw, I also saw more Purple Jack, El Corazon, Diva, lots of blooming Elsies, Dynamite, Jubilee, Supernova, Bird of Paradise, and some others that I'm blanking on right now.

• bobthewizard
    9 years ago

JJ posted information on his blog about his shipping to retail stores... I'm not sure when he posted it, but in the post he said "Just to tease you, there will be 2 Xquisites out there, somewhere, next week, both budded."

I wonder where they went... :)

~Bob

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

Ok, I made a list of all the varieties that I have seen at Lowes/HD this year. I'd definitely like to thank the workers that have been packing the trucks! LOL

(And no, I didn't buy all of them ... only some!)

Angel's Touch
    Bird of Paradise
    California Sunset
    Captivate
    Desert Sunrise
    Diva
    Divine
    Dragon's Tears
    Dulcemia
    Dynamite
    El Corazon
    Elsie
    Fantasy
    Firestorm
    Fool's Gold
    Incognito
    J105
    Jenny
    Jubilee
    Ken's White
    Lemon Ice
    Mini-White
    Nevita
    Panitta's Red
    Purple Jack
    Red Jack
    Sahara
    Supernova
    SuperRound
    Thai Jade
    Thumbalina
    Whirlwind
    Xanadu

Premium Yellow
    Premium Yellow-white
    Premium Pink
    Premium Pink-White
    (No Premium Red)

• rox146
    9 years ago

we had 13 of those you mentioned at our Lowes.....roxanne

• Quaching
    9 years ago

Ok so this might be kind of sad but I've gone to 7 different Lowes in 2 states (alabama and florida) and this is what I bought.
    Elsie, Firestorm X 2, Super Round, Sahara, Thai Splash, Fools Gold and I think the last one was called a LBR2.

Plus I just received my Raspberry Sundae from Florida Colors.

I think I'm done for now.....

• rox146
    9 years ago

SCORE!!!!!!!!!

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

I think that last code is Dulcemia. Out of curiosity, were your Firestorms 1 gallon or 2 gallon?

I haven't seen Thai Splash around here -- what an awesome find!!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Ok.. Needing some more popcorn.... As I pick myself off of the floor..

LMAO!!

You guys and gals make my mouth drool.. Seriously!! Addicts at their best and we/ I want to play!!

Mona.. You make me laugh.. ;-)

bravo to the one person who visited two states.. OMG. I think you have the bug!!

You all have done great..

Seriously.. Awesome. Now, pass the popcorn!

Laura

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    9 years ago

Bob

One of the xquisite's came here to Tulsa. Kenny picked it up. Another was posted about in Florida and California so at least 3 went out. Maybe more.

mike

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

There are 10+ 1 gallon Purple Jacks at the HD in Rialto (on Foothill), if anyone is looking to pick one up for under $15. All single-tip, no inflos (yet). This HD also had some Jennys, Delightfuls, Premium Pinks, Xanadu, and Thai Jade.

• Quaching
    9 years ago

Daogirl all of these were 1 gallon square pots. I couldn't believe I found Thai Splash either. The Lowes in mobile alabama has three of them left but one looked really rough. Lowes waters them everyday here and puts them under the covered portion of the outdoor garden section. I had told them so many times not to water them everyday but they don't listen. I'm going to check now to see if your right about the Dulcemia....it would be nice to put an actual name with it.

Laura I definitely have the bug and have had it for years...I seriously can't help it, haha.

• Quaching
    9 years ago

Ok so the name of it is LRB2 and here is a pic. It's not Dulcemia though.

• shamrockman
    9 years ago

Went on the tear with Quaching last night and picked up a Firestorm, Super round, California sunset, and an LRB2. Not too shabby for a one nighter. All came from 4 different Lowe's

• shamrockman
    9 years ago

Went on the tear with Quaching last night and picked up a Firestorm, Super round, California sunset, and an LRB2. Not too shabby for a one nighter. All came from 4 different Lowe's

• rox146
    9 years ago

GGGGRRRR....we did not get that good of stuff.....oh well, next years hunt....

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

Quaching - I might've misread JJ's Facebook post - I thought someone had asked about that code and he said it was Dulcemia, but now I see the code they asked about was LBR2. I bet you could email him or post on the JJ facebook page and he would be able to tell you pretty easily what it is. I've yet to dig around my Premium Pink to see if there's a trunk code anywhere. It's about to bloom, though, so I'm trying not to mess with it!!

• Quaching
    9 years ago

Daogirl you were right. I actually have a LRB2 which JJ said is the Dulcemia. So thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I will label it Dulcemia even though the color doesn't really match what he has on the website. In Alabama we normally get lighter colors at times so maybe it will still darken, even though I really like my pic more then the Dulcemia he has on his website.

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

I have definitely seen big discrepancies in color between the photos and the actual plants because of temps, humidity, light, etc. My Dulcemia is really close to blooming - I'll post pictures when it does!

• Quaching
    9 years ago

Daogirl, please do....I'm curious to see if your's looks like mine or if your plumeria will be a darker color.

• texasplum
    9 years ago

anybody seen any in Texas?

• beachplant
    9 years ago

none in Texas that I can find. Our local nursery had them last year but none this year.
    :(
    Tally HO!

• rox146
    9 years ago

get thee to Lowes AGAIN!!!!! Scored 7 today between Ventura and Oxnard....now sneaking them in, names later....YAHOOO!!! roxanne

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

LOL Roxanne!! Can't wait to hear what you found!

• rox146
    9 years ago

score was: Big 3 tipped and blooming Temptation, Big 5 tipped not blooming Jubilee, Big 3 tipped no blooms Dynamite, Small blooming Jenny BUT squishy...what shall I do...tips look good, Big 3 tipped and blooming J-105 and a small 2 tipped no blooms Firestorm and a big 2 tipped no blooms Bird of Paradise...7 total...YIKES! roxanne

• jandey1
    9 years ago

None in Austin that I can see. :(

Found some neglected looking desert roses yesterday at HD but that's all. There aren't even any of the generic plumies that Lowes and HD usually get in summer here.

Guess I'll have to do like Allison and make friends with a nursery owner or manager to get a JJ's shipment.

• texasplum
    9 years ago

jandey,

if you do let me know I can add to that order for sure!!!

• rox146
    9 years ago

Here is the inflo from yesterday's score at Lowes of J105. roxanne

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

I'm loving my J-105.

Er, and I might've picked up a second Desert Sunrise today that was blooming :D

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    9 years ago

Here's my Dulcemia - it's got that first-bloom weird petal shape going on. I love the thin pink line running down the center of the petals.

• Quaching
    9 years ago

Daogirl I love the colors on your Dulcemia. The colors on mine are really light but I still love the texture on mine too. Wish it had the darker orange though. Thanks for posting your pic so I can see the difference and potential mine has in the future.

• disneyhorse
    9 years ago

Dang you people... Went to lowes in Anaheim today and got a little Purple Jack and Desert Sunrise.
    They also had some Inca Gold, el Cabazon or something red, one written "Crazy" on the stem, a couple Jenny, divine, and a couple more I can't remember. They were going fast!

• toomanydogs
    9 years ago

Great haul, Roxanne! I love Temptation so much that I have three of them. I also just picked up Dynamite, actually two of them since I have never seen it before and El Corazon. The HD in San Bernardino had them in full sun and the Dynamites have some sunburned leaves. The HD in Eastvale has them inside and soggy wet, I don't know which is harder on the poor green house raised plants! So far my favorite blooms are the Laredo Princess and the Xquisite that I got from Parkview. Jubilee and Captivate are rather pale and small so far, we'll have to see how they progress.

• kasiec
    9 years ago

Is anyone growing the one called "Red Jack"? I would appreciate any photos if possible.

Thanks a bunch.

Kasie

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Been thinking about the red jack as well. Says it is very compact and I am needing some smaller ones.

• rox146
    9 years ago

TOOMANYDOGS....IF you see a Laredo Princess w/inflos....I will buy it from you thru George......on my list..... roxanne

• toomanydogs
    9 years ago

Ok, Roxanne, you're on! If I see a Laredo Princess it will be yours! Smells great and keeps on blooming.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner