Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nativec

You know you have too many plumerias when....

nativec
10 years ago

..you go into the garage to grab a bucket to wash your car and notice a bright spot of color on the shelf only to realize its an inflo on a cutting you bought last August! So sad, if DH had found this before me he would have been able to substantiate his claims that I have too many.

How could I have forgotten?! LOL

A picture of a very sad looking Golden Sun which would be orange if it had actually been potted up and given some sun! So off with the inflo and in the pot it goes! :)

Comments (15)

• rox146
    10 years ago

I say, leave the info and do it with an egg...I have doen many like that and the info keeps on going while it is rooting....roxanne p.s. what is the smell like on that one?

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

That us too funny. i love the yellow!

Mike

• dthrooop
    10 years ago

I'm glad you found it first! It would be a shame to provide any ammunition. Too many plumnerias? Who ever heard of such a thing ;-)

• desamecyra
    10 years ago

Good advice from Rox, IMO. Think it'll be ok.
    You know you have too many plumeria when you sit on one....yep, almost did just that, yesterday. I'd put a "Dwarf Pink Watermelon " that was recuperating from USPS, onto my rave reading chair, to get some filtered sunlight..... It was the only place left in the apartment that doesn't have a seedling in it:)

• desamecyra
    10 years ago

Sigh...am posting from a Kindle ...with "auto -correct ". "Rave " should've been "fave "...

• citizen_insane
    10 years ago

According to Emerson Willis you cannot have too many plumerias, just not enough land.

George

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Nicole!

A lady after my own heart!!! Lol

Glad to hear your hubby didn't find the cutting either... I think about what mine would say if he would have found a cutting like yours... He did say the other day, do you think you have enough? " will we be able to see from the deck this year?" Lol. .. I acted like I didn't hear him. ... Being around jet noise, makes one loose their hearing ! ;-). Selective hearing at that!!! HA!

So.. How have you been my little enabler? I always think of you when I look at my Metallica and Clare C. You were so funny last year and you always can get me so excited , my friend !

It is wonderful to see you posting again. We missed you!!

Emerson has it right, George! Lol

Take care ,

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Wed, May 29, 13 at 18:53

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Roxanne-
    I'm nervous about the egg rooting method. The cutting is pretty dehydrated, somehwere between beef jerky and a once healthy cutting. In the past I've only had luck getting roots at this point if I snip the inflo, which is always a very sad occasion. But...I will read up on it before I take the plunge! Oh, the smell... well I know smell is subjective but this one smells like suntan lotion to me...so waxy coconut? This was a purchase from Matt at 1-stop-aloha on eBay. Its a beautiful orange!

Desa-
    I stopped doing seedlings for just that reason....they took over!!! It sure is fun though!

Mike-

I bet you would love the real orange color even better! Just sayin' :)

George-
    You wouldn't happen to be another fellow enabler? Would you? LOL I whole-heartedly agree with that statement but I've learned that I apparently see things differently than others. Well unless it's fellow forum members :)

Laura

So I was cruizing along on JJ's site, doing a little fantasy shopping. I was actually up to $1200.00 imaginary dollars....LOL AND have you seen Fuji Mist? Cote d Or? Oh I am in love love!

Do you know what I learned from my garage experience? My cuttings that I sneak in are safe there! (wicked laugh) Now I'm going to work on getting my UPS & USPS guys to see if I can get them to leave the packages by the garage door! Brilliant! Why didin't I think of that before?

Metallica is sure being stubborn and slow to leaf out. I only have tiny claws(you know how I stress over this one!)

On the brighter side of the bloom-Dazzler opened one sub-par bloom yesterday. Yay!

What's on our shopping list this year?

XO

Nicole

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

hey Nicole. Youre right about the orange. I need to add a good orange one to the collection.

Mike

• derft1
    10 years ago

You know you have to many plumerias when....you are willing...NO...can't wait to spend over $100 on a 12 inch stick.

• nativec
    Original Author
    10 years ago

derft1

$100 bucks?! No one here would do that! Or at least never admit to it :)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Until it roots ...

;-)

Laura

• pcput
    10 years ago

Got another way to hide your newly acquired (as if you needed help)
    Have them sent to your friends address. Right Laura/Manuel? "LOL"

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Desa, I was wondering what kind of raving you did in that chair ;-)

Nicole, that inflo is gorgeous! I kept deliberating over that one, too--orange is my favorite color. You have nothing to lose by cutting off the inflo and trying the egg to root. The inflo will keep going in water for another week or so.

I have too little land for sure. Also need more privacy so I can talk to my plants without the neighbors hearing me over the fence.

• elucas101
    10 years ago

I like this thread, it always makes me smile to read about these weird, funny situations that only plumeria hoarders...er...growers find themselves in. :)

George, I love that quote from Emerson, that really made me laugh!