Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
disneyhorse

So excited for this sentimental bloom...

disneyhorse
9 years ago

So last year, my journey began with a bucket of cut-six-month-ago cuttings that were stored in a bucket that got rained on, collected standing water, and subsequently were all rotting. They were from my grandmother's "pink plumeria" tree that she loved dearly. She had moved out of her house to sell it (too elderly to care for a house) and was devastated when the 40ish year old tree was poached to the ground while the house was in escrow. She wanted to root these last cuttings but had never been able to get any cuttings to root ever so she gave them to me.
I picked three cuttings out that didn't look past-dead and figured "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!"
Well, all three magically rooted with some good advice from this forum. And.... This one is blooming! I tagged them "Nonna's Pink" for my grandmother for sentimental reasons. But! This first bloom opened up today and when I smelled it, it smells EXACTLY like my "Wildfire" I got from Fuzzy last summer. It kind of looks like wildfire did that I can remember, but this very strong scent is dead-on. But, the back of the flower is strange, it is almost white with a very dark band. Does anyone familiar with Wildfire know what the reverse of the petals look like? I'm way too much of a newbie to know... But Wildfire was my most favorite bloom from last year. I'm excited that my "Nonna's Pink" takes after it! I was hoping it wouldn't be a pale, no scented flower. I'm beyond excited!

This post was edited by disneyhorse on Thu, May 22, 14 at 20:45

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County